Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused Between RamNode/INIZ/Crissic - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Confused Between RamNode/INIZ/Crissic

2»

Comments

• I can definitely vote for Ramnode. It's not a mistake that they won the top provider title here on the quarterly vote (for the 4th time?).
    They have a really great i/o, fast uplink and good cpu. If you use the coupons provided, they have the pest price/value rate.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@SkylarM As I'm using A VPS with URPAD of 1 gb Ram & 4 vCPU cores, the load highest goes to 1. So, I think using CPU won't make that issue where you have to limit me. :D Now, the point is Uplink and Disk I/O? How is your Disk Arrays configured? Which Hard Disks you use? Is it 7200 rpm Sata with Raid10 config? Is BBU enabled? How much Disk I/O can I expect, let me know!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

SkylarM said: Limits aren't TOO strict on CPU, we allow bursting on both CPU and load, just not sustained amounts.

I assumed that because I can't seem to sustain more than 0.1 load with one specific process on my container. I am using the same configuration with many other providers so I though you were applying some kind of limits for sustained loads, even when they were low.

I will need to take a look then.

• @Nyr said:
    I will need to take a look then.

Do let me know, there may be some other underlying issue here that doesn't sound right. You're service wouldn't be affected by our VPSMON ruleset with that specific load.

@ehostlab said:
    SkylarM As I'm using A VPS with URPAD of 1 gb Ram & 4 vCPU cores, the load highest goes to 1. So, I think using CPU won't make that issue where you have to limit me. :D Now, the point is Uplink and Disk I/O? How is your Disk Arrays configured? Which Hard Disks you use? Is it 7200 rpm Sata with Raid10 config? Is BBU enabled? How much Disk I/O can I expect, let me know!

IO depends on the node, most of our FULL Nodes average about 70-90M/s which isn't perfect but we're working on a few options to improve performance soon. Uplink is 1gbit ports to our 10gbit uplink switch.

@SkylarM said:
    IO depends on the node, most of our FULL Nodes average about 70-90M/s which isn't perfect but we're working on a few options to improve performance soon. Uplink is 1gbit ports to our 10gbit uplink switch.

Okay, I can manage within 70-90 mbps. Then, I think My VNC would work :) And also you have 10 Days Refund Policy, isn't it ? Is there any condition for that ? (Asking you if something goes wrong and My Apps doesn't work then) !

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@mahjong said:
    I can definitely vote for Ramnode. It's not a mistake that they won the top provider title here on the quarterly vote (for the 4th time?).
    They have a really great i/o, fast uplink and good cpu. If you use the coupons provided, they have the pest price/value rate.

Thank you! We went 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 1st so far :)

• @ehostlab said:
    Okay, I can manage within 70-90 mbps. Then, I think My VNC would work :) And also you have 10 Days Refund Policy, isn't it ? Is there any condition for that ? (Asking you if something goes wrong and My Apps doesn't work then) !

No conditions on the refund. If you don't like our service, if the service doesn't work for your needs, if you think I'm an asshole -- doesn't matter, just put in a cancel request and open a ticket requesting a refund. We always appreciate feedback if this happens (any feedback from any customer existing, past, cancels, etc are welcome) so we know how to try and improve our service.

@Nick_A Had a Great ambition to use your service. But, Now, budget is short, will try when I will be rich enough :-P

@SkylarM Going to Give A Try !

• XeiXei Member
    edited November 2013

They all are great offerings. Ramnode is the only one I'm familiar with. I try to go with mature providers so I have not been with any of them. Though I am considering picking up one at Ramnode but concerned about the network, seems every time I look they are experiencing DDOS. The only thing I care about in a VPS is network uptime. Might pick up another Hostigation or Ramhost since my servers are up year long pretty much and always available.

Have Signed UP with @INIZ Thanks for Great Support :)