Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused Between RamNode/INIZ/Crissic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,
I was thinking to have a VPS at USD $15-$16/Year.

Won't use it for any type of production. Only for PPTP VPN, VNC, RAPIDLEECH etc. I don't need plenty of Ram. Total of 512 will be Okay. Space should be about 50 GB. Port of 1 Gbit is welcome. Bandwidth 500 GB will be enough :)

Had A Look at RamNode. I heard their service is awesome. But, there I will get less resources at this budget:

_RAM: 128 (Guaranteed) + 128 (Burst) = 256 MB
Space: 50 GB SSD-Cached
Only 1 CPU-Core :(
Bandwidth: 500 GB

• Point: 1 Gbit Port :)_

Price: $14.88 (Coupon: wownum1 ) Or $15.60 (Coupon: leb35) / Year

INIZ:
_RAM: 256 (Guaranteed) + 256 (Burst) = 512 MB
Space: 25 GB
2 CPU-Cores :|
Bandwidth: 500 GB

Price: $15.50 / Year

Crissic:
_RAM: 512 (Guaranteed) + 512 (Burst) = 1024 MB
Space: 50 GB
3 CPU-Cores :)
Bandwidth: 2 TB

Price: $15 / Year

RamNode has Excellent I/O Speed & Network Speed. :)
INIZ also have the same. ;)
But, I couldn't find out any review for Crissic. Crissic's Website Design attracts me much !
Is there anyone who is using Crissic & can now let me provide a Benchmark ??

Thanks.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

I would go with INIZ or RamNode.

• @ehostlab said:

Crissic's Website Design attracts me much !

This is the fundamental concept behind the bug zapper as well

• I would go with RamNode

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Infinity580 @ZRBLOG I'm now using about 256 MB Ram out of 1 GB at URPAD. So, I have to remove RamNode from My List as I think I wouldn't be able to use the 128 MB Burst Ram always ! :3

• I'd go with Iniz. Their speed is great currently for me. Transferring from my Ptometeus Italy and another place from Netherland to Iniz US is fast.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

Iniz seems logical. Since ramnode wont cut it and Iniz is the third in the last top this is a nobrainer.
    Crissic can work, but not many people vouched for them. I would go with the sure thing that covers my needs.

• go to see topics Test disk i/o and you can see in there
    who is best have good server performance
    and leave decision to you.
    Iniz or RamNode

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited November 2013

I heard Crissic VPS is reliable (you will get 2 IPs), but not their cPanel Hosting. They are terribly awful. Thank goodness it was for personal website only (this is from my personal experience).

• Ramnode have good quality and "clean" history rather than Iniz.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Go with Crissic if your willing to take a risk. Ramnode and Iniz will be more reliable and so may be worth the extra. If you want to use VNC then I guess the higher ram would be better with Iniz, but if you want the disk space go with Ramnode. If you want both then increase your budget.

• @alexvolk said:
    Ramnode have good quality and "clean" history rather than Iniz.

Can you elaborate on this "unclean" history relating to INIZ since that's what it looks like you're implying?

• @alexvolk said:
    Ramnode have good quality and "clean" history rather than Iniz.

I'm not sure what you mean but unless you have first hand experience with INIZ your post is worthless.

@ehostlab Let me know if you have any questions, also note bandwidth incoming is free :)

• @INIZ said:
    ehostlab Let me know if you have any questions, also note bandwidth incoming is free :)

That's because incoming bandwidth usage is negligible... The vast majority is outbound for most servers, but still it's a nice ploy :P

• If you need the high RAM, go with Crissic. I/O might be slower but let's say it is a trade-off for the higher RAM.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 20.5106 seconds, 52.4 MB/s

--- . (simfs /vz/private/1255) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 9070.3 ms, 145 iops, 0.6 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.2/6.9/21.3/7.5 ms

As other said, RamNode has "cleaner" history and has been reliable for a long time.

Iniz did have few drama, UK DDoS and migrations. I'd say more of misfortune than bad management, for example those DDoS attacks were experienced by a lot of UK hosts and not Iniz/StormVZ alone. But nowadays they have been stable, and I love their huge disk arrays (up to 10 drives in RAID10) - better than any SSD-Cached I tried. Give them a try.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

I would go RamNode, Granted I don't have much experience with others. I just know Nick is a solid guy.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited November 2013

As other said, RamNode has "cleaner" history and has been reliable for a long time.

Iniz did have few drama, UK DDoS and migrations

RamNode also had the drama of being hacked in June...

I have 10 VPS's with Iniz and 3 with RamNode.

Depends on the location you want. Iniz for Netherlands, New York City, and Los Angeles. RamNode if you want something close to Seattle or Atlanta

• ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited November 2013

Iniz = High Resource RAM + BW + Disk, Server i/o just Little Slower than RamNode

RamNode = I/O Speed Good But little Low Resource Like RAM and Disk than INIZ

Crissic = High Resource But sLow i/o than Iniz and RamNode

Then What your Next Provider ? The Power in your Hand

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited November 2013

@DalComp said:

Iniz did have few drama, UK DDoS and migrations. I'd say more of misfortune than bad management, for example those DDoS attacks were experienced by a lot of UK hosts and not Iniz/StormVZ alone. But nowadays they have been stable, and I love their huge disk arrays (up to 10 drives in RAID10) - better than any SSD-Cached I tried. Give them a try.

That was "StormVZ" alone, i've yet to see any bad reviews on INIZ on it's own legitimate merits rather than someone complaining they got suspended for abuse.

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • DomainBop said: RamNode also had the drama of being hacked in June...

Exploit hack != Dramma's.

INIZ said: That was "StormVZ" alone

Really ? You've only rebranded "StormVZ":
    "Rebrand was due to legal issue on a trademark so you once again need to do further research."

@ehostlab Make a further research and you'll find enough issues with Iniz.

• alexvolk said: @ehostlab Make a further research and you'll find enough issues with Iniz.

Please enlighten us.

• I have 3 VPS with RamNode about to buy my 4th. They are excellent and the people in IRC (me) are very helpful as well.

You would certainly help yourself if you got a RamNode VPS

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Everyone says they would go with ramnode or iniz because they have lots of customers .
    I am a customer of crissic and I can say it's fairly amazing . The network speed and bandwidth are great and also fits your needs . The support is really fast . So I would go with crissic ...

• @Fritz said:
    I heard Crissic VPS is reliable (you will get 2 IPs), but not their cPanel Hosting. They are terribly awful. Thank goodness it was for personal website only (this is from my personal experience).

We've improved stability with our shared services, we're upgrading hardware once more later this week to hopefully improve things further. There was some fairly sizable issues initially though

@texteditor said:
    This is the fundamental concept behind the bug zapper as well

bzzzzzbzzz

• I run all our mission critical stuff on Ramnode! (Used to run on Linode) Its that amazing

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • If you choose Crissic, you should check with them for condition to auto reboot. Before, my VPS is restarted automatically when load >= 2 for ~ 15 minutes. No idea for how it is configured now.

• @recycleddomain said:
    If you choose Crissic, you should check with them for condition to auto reboot. Before, my VPS is restarted automatically when load >= 2 for ~ 15 minutes. No idea for how it is configured now.

We elaborate as to our load policy on our Transparency page: http://crissic.net/transparency

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hey All, Please stop your quarrel. @alexvolk I know about StormVZ & INIZ & also Patrick is well-known to me. I had a VPS with them when they were StormVZ & had some conversation on IRC. Patrick is a Nice Guy and what happened was StormVZ was just an accident. I don't think anyone willingly will create that type of problem. I have trust on them.

Still in Confusion which to take. @SkylarM What about the I/O ? And, as per assigned 3 Cores, won't I be able to take My Server Load upto 3 ?? Or, will you reboot it as you wish ? :-/

Thanked by 1Patrick
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Crissic does offer decent services and I am pretty happy with them.

Performance probably won't be top notch and (I suppose) they cap CPU usage at very low limits, but you would be getting big RAM which is useful if you want VNC.

• @ehostlab

Between Iniz/ramnode you should pick the one with a location that best suites your needs, can't go wrong with either

• @Nyr said:
    Crissic does offer decent services and I am pretty happy with them.

Performance probably won't be top notch and (I suppose) they cap CPU usage at very low limits, but you would be getting big RAM which is useful if you want VNC.

Limits aren't TOO strict on CPU, we allow bursting on both CPU and load, just not sustained amounts.

@ehostlab said:
    Hey All, Please stop your quarrel. alexvolk I know about StormVZ & INIZ & also Patrick is well-known to me. I had a VPS with them when they were StormVZ & had some conversation on IRC. Patrick is a Nice Guy and what happened was StormVZ was just an accident. I don't think anyone willingly will create that type of problem. I have trust on them.

Still in Confusion which to take. SkylarM What about the I/O ? And, as per assigned 3 Cores, won't I be able to take My Server Load upto 3 ?? Or, will you reboot it as you wish ? :-/

Load and CPU limitations are time based, so as long as you remain within the time window you are fine. CPU would get capped if you're over 3 cores for like 30 minutes solid, LOAD itself depends on the value, but you have on average 15-20 minutes of burst capabilities. This is simply to prevent abuse. Anyone that has legitimate utilization requests are more than welcome to open a ticket and get the limits higher on a per-user basis (Our limitations are no more strict than your average provider, we just document it more publicly).