Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server with 10+ physical cores - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server with 10+ physical cores

2»

Comments

• @drserver this sounds in my ballpark. Before saying yes (do I pm you or how we get this started?) - do you also have any threadripper x1950 or newer, as I'd love to try it out. If yes - what kind of offer could you make for me based on my needs?

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@weirdgod We don't have any AMD systems unfortunately. Register on our site and send me your email in PM, i will make you custom order from there as i don't have order link for this specific build.

Thank you

• Thanks @drserver ... That was one fast delivery. So far looks very good.
    Still open for a server or two - so if anyone has a better offer, I am all ears...

We have quite a few of those. LMK if you need more.
    Thank you

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • CtcCtc Member

@exception0x876 said:
    @weirdgod you can try Dual E5-2450L servers from @cociu for 37 euros/mo - https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=339

You gotta be kidding, right?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Ctc said:

@exception0x876 said:
    @weirdgod you can try Dual E5-2450L servers from @cociu for 37 euros/mo - https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=339

You gotta be kidding, right?

I know he is weak on the support side of things, but it is a dedi with IPMI access, so you won't need support unless some system component dies. That server should be good for mining due to the amount of CPU cache.

@exception0x876 said: That server should be good for mining due to the amount of CPU cache

I think what @Ctc means is that you have recommended L series which means Low Power which is not suitable for CPU intensive tasks like mining. Some E3s are more powerful than dual E5s with L suffix.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • tiipotiipo Member
    edited September 2020

del

• chxchx Member
    edited September 2020

@teamacc said:
    Hetzner has a few dedis with ryzen/threadripper in them.

Hold your horses, my friend. Threadripper at Hetzner? Tell me more!! I know about the EPYC ones but ... @Hetzner_OL are you hiding some Castle Peak servers in a secret basement :) ?

• @chx said: Hold your horses, my friend. Threadripper at Hetzner? Tell me more!!

AX100 had a 2950X.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Yeah, go here and scroll down to the AX servers. Out of curiousity, I was trying to remember when we introduced the AX100. It was back in March 2019.
    The AX100 is no longer in the lineup, but maybe one occassionally pops up in the Server Auction. --Katie