Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for dedicated server with 10+ physical cores
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for dedicated server with 10+ physical cores

Hi

Looking for a dedicated server with DUAL XEON X5680 or similar/better performance.
At least 8GB RAM
At least 80Gb hard drive space (preferrably SSD)
At least 1 IPv4, and 0,1TB/m traffic
Ubuntu 18.04

Budget 20-40$/m

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

10+ physical cores at that price??
    Its's very hard.. Maybe you should try some USA proviers.

Try Wholesaleinternet

• Good luck with your budget. Hint: estimate the power bill.

• Mironov07Mironov07 Member
    edited August 2019

L

• Try Cloudsouth in Florida

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Are you looking for core count or raw cpu speed?

If you are willing to bump your budget a bit more we can offer plenty of options.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited August 2019

@Mironov07 said:

Joined 10:07AM

• Mironov07Mironov07 Member
    edited August 2019

@angstrom said:

@Mironov07 said:
    Write to ntup[dot]net, they provide to my friend 2xIntel X5650 8gb ram 120SSD per 40 USD (write to online chat)
    And they ignore DCMA

@Mironov07 said:

@angstrom said:

@Mironov07 said:
    Write to ntup[dot]net, they provide to my friend 2xIntel X5650 8gb ram 120SSD per 40 USD (write to online chat)
    And they ignore DCMA

And? This company a popular in Ukraine. They are datacenter - unit-dc[dot]net

Sorry, but the way that you wrote your comment (together with the fact that you had just signed up) made you sound like a shill, but perhaps you're not. In any case, I simply raised a warning flag.

@angstrom said:

@Mironov07 said:

@angstrom said:

@Mironov07 said:
    And they ignore DCMA

And? This company a popular in Ukraine. They are datacenter - unit-dc[dot]net

Sorry, but the way that you wrote your comment (together with the fact that you had just signed up) made you sound like a shill, but perhaps you're not. In any case, I simply raised a warning flag.

Oh, wow, he didn't last long here

• weirdgodweirdgod Member
    edited August 2019

Not a shill. Experimenting/speculating with some cpu mining and need a lot of cpu power. Have one dedicated server already (will not say where so that I don't get accused of shilling - but if I should say, let me know) at $40/m, but would need at least one more, and current provider is out of stock. Don't need 100% uptime and best of the best...

Been member of low-end for years, but after searching for good deals on dedicated servers for a few hours yesterday and not coming anywhere close to what I have atm, I decided to reach out and ask...

The best thing I found yesterday was much more powerful thread ripper 1950x at $99,but even this was out of stock... And on my estimates it is worse deal with regard of hash/usd...

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@weirdgod said:

>

The best thing I found yesterday was much more powerful thread ripper 1950x at $99,but even this was out of stock... And on my estimates it is worse deal with regard of hash/usd...

Will something like this work?

https://www.reliablesite.net/dedicated-servers/8-core-server/intel-core-i7-9700k

@weirdgod said:
    Not a shill. Experimenting/speculating with some cpu mining and need a lot of cpu power. Have one dedicated server already (will not say where so that I don't get accused of shilling - but if I should say, let me know)

Dude, it should have been clear from the context that no one was suggesting that you were a shill

• @angstrom said:

@weirdgod said:
    Not a shill. Experimenting/speculating with some cpu mining and need a lot of cpu power. Have one dedicated server already (will not say where so that I don't get accused of shilling - but if I should say, let me know)

Dude, it should have been clear from the context that no one was suggesting that you were a shill

Ah, sorry. Read on my phone and missed who you were quoting. All good!

If you are doing mining we can get you Intel® Xeon® E-2134 (4-Core, 8-Thread, 3.5GHz Passmark score:10882 ) or Intel® Xeon® E-2136 (6-Core, 12-Thread, 3.3GHz Passmark score: 15763) in 50-60 USD price range.

Also if you don't need much ram we can strip down some of our dual E5s (2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2650v2 (16-Core, 32-Thread, 2.6GHz, Passmark score: 18919) those would be 60 USD with 16 gb ram

Your requested CPU config have Passmark score of 13548

That is cheapest that we can go. I hope that it helps.

Regards

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • For cpu mining of some coins you need cache more than you need actual cpu cycles. If this is the case for your kind of mining, look into the new amd things. Those have lots and lots of cache.

Hetzner has a few dedis with ryzen/threadripper in them.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @teamacc said:
    For cpu mining of some coins you need cache more than you need actual cpu cycles. If this is the case for your kind of mining, look into the new amd things. Those have lots and lots of cache.

Hetzner has a few dedis with ryzen/threadripper in them.

I wouldn't mind to test drive the new ryzen/tr... but so far couldnt find any non-monthly setups... This is a numbers game, and margin of error is thin... So every $ helps.

• It's almost a theorem that there's no profit in mining on rented equipment, since otherwise the equipment owner would take the profit for themselves instead of handing it over to you. If you just want to benchmark an epyc (probably the old version), they have them hourly at scaleway.com. Of course you'll lose money so it would just be for a quick test at most.

Thanked by 2ITLabs vimalware
  • @willie said:
    It's almost a theorem that there's no profit in mining on rented equipment, since otherwise the equipment owner would take the profit for themselves instead of handing it over to you. If you just want to benchmark an epyc (probably the old version), they have them hourly at scaleway.com. Of course you'll lose money so it would just be for a quick test at most.

Well, true, but things change daily on the crypto front... So if you want to be up2date with everything, then you dont have time for running a business.... So there are always opportunities - especially for the brave and speculative ones...
    Thanks on the scaleway info, will definitely check it out.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@weirdgod

Sorry but mining on PCs, no matter how powerful, is just playing with toys, and btw. not even really cheap. You shell out a lot of money for gaining bread crumbs.

If I were interested at all in mining, which I'm not, I'd do three things. (a) I'd get a reasonable FPGA board, (b) I'd get lots of fast memory, and (c) I'd optimize the code.
    Reasons: standard processors are versatile but particularly good an any specific task. Memory is key, both in terms of caches and of plain memory. And adapting an algorithm to a specific processing device (that is not a general CPU) offers multiple approaches for significant speed ups.

TL;DR no matter how much noise they make, there is no way to easily make lots of money and I know of only one exception which is already having tons of money.

still looking for decent dedicated server...
    the only concern is the CPU power (not so much number of cores - but still 12+ would fit the bill nicely).

Looking for 15000+ cpumark passmark cpu score for around $40-50 ...

some providers (like wholesaleinternet, nocix, dedispec and vpsrus) have several options that would qualify (dual 2660, dual x5680), but are sold out.

Servers can be strip of additional HW (need only 8GB of ram, and 80+GB SSD, and bandwidth will also not be an issue - less than 0,1TB/m)... Also would be willing to do a 3 month commitment for a good price.

• hzrhzr Member

1y commitment might help things out, 3m is not much. for the cheaper ones, you're wasting more money/technician time removing existing hardware from prebuilt ready to go servers than you are worth as a customer

• well maybe. or maybe they'll be happy to move a server that would otherwise idle on the shelf not earning any money... we'll see..

So what is max budget @weirdgod 50 ?

• This is pretty crazy even if you get such a server imo. Max profit is a few bucks a month if that. What algorithm would this be for, if I can ask? Just wondering.

• PigeonCoin?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @drserver said:
    So what is max budget @weirdgod 50 ?

I am currently paying $40 for a dual x5680 server with passmark cpu score of 13548.
    I don't have any problems paying much more, if price is consistent with this ratio (or close to it).

• @willie said:
    This is pretty crazy even if you get such a server imo. Max profit is a few bucks a month if that. What algorithm would this be for, if I can ask? Just wondering.

Mining for a project whose token is not yet even listed on exchanges, but I have done my research and believe it will be a success. So purely speculative.

edited August 2019

@weirdgod
    If you can go to 60 usd i can strip down some of dual E5s (2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2650v2 (16-Core, 32-Thread, 2.6GHz, Passmark score: 18919)

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited August 2019

I am torn between the brave and speculative one and drserver making such Killah dealz on dual E5s. (less than $2/ hyperthread)

I love you all.

Thanked by 2drserver uptime
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@weirdgod you can try Dual E5-2450L servers from @cociu for 37 euros/mo - https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=339