Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion on Hypervisor to use on baremetal server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestion on Hypervisor to use on baremetal server

2»

Comments

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@AlwaysSkint said: Sod that! Bye bye any sense of security. :-|

Actually it is considered to be one of most secure way of interacting with hypervisor.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@drserver said:

Actually it is considered to be one of most secure way of interacting with hypervisor.

Probably "one of the most secure ways" is a bit of an exaggeration but yes, a well coded "manager" application (even on Windows) can indeed be more secure than any web-interface.

And yes again, Xen is indeed one of the very few options besides KVM for OP.

So, @klassbond have a closer look at Xen too.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • @jsg said:

@drserver said:

Probably "one of the most secure ways" is a bit of an exaggeration but yes, a well coded "manager" application (even on Windows) can indeed be more secure than any web-interface.

And yes again, Xen is indeed one of the very few options besides KVM for OP.

So, @klassbond have a closer look at Xen too.

Thanks @drserver and @jsg I Will look into Xenserver.

• OK ok no one else mentioned it, if your looking at xen I personally got rid of proxmox for my home servers and dev servers and moved to XCP-ng seriously take a look at it

Thanked by 1gonaif
  • @Bopie said:
    OK ok no one else mentioned it, if your looking at xen I personally got rid of proxmox for my home servers and dev servers and moved to XCP-ng seriously take a look at it

OK interesting thank you . Am confused now. So is this some kind of fork of original xenserver?

Apart from the web ui, what is the additional features that inspired you to go for the fork? The website doesn't exactly cover features added unless am missing something

• It's basically all the features of paid xen server for free, they have a Web ui that you can install but for me I downloaded the Windows program and control it all from there, for me I use it because 1 it's free xen 2 it's very low weight and 3 because it was recommended to me and since then I have not looked back.

Altough I do not slate proxmox for its simplicity

Thanked by 1gonaif
  • @Bopie said:
    It's basically all the features of paid xen server for free, they have a Web ui that you can install but for me I downloaded the Windows program and control it all from there, for me I use it because 1 it's free xen 2 it's very low weight and 3 because it was recommended to me and since then I have not looked back.

Altough I do not slate proxmox for its simplicity

Thanks really appreciate this. The power of community. No chance I would have ever encountered this if not for the mention of this wonderful community. I will download to test run on my server.