Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap AF Dedis
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap AF Dedis

SkanderSkander Member
edited August 2019 in Requests

Howdy peeps,

This is going to be slightly exploratory and vague (because of the tiny budget), but I'm looking for the following:

CPU: 4+ cores with HT (8 threads?)
RAM: 8GB to 16GB.
Storage: 1TB HDD or 120/250ish SSD.
Bandwidth: 5TB (1Gbps)
1 IPv4 or more, IPv6 offered.
Budget: 20-25ish/m (billed as yearly perhaps?)
Location: could be mars for all I care, as long as the network is good and the DC won't light on fire daily.

I found a pretty sweet deal for 22ish, but I'm shopping around to know the price trends.

EDIT: I should probably include purpose. I have a few VPS' and they're all doing jack-sh*t most of the time, I just want to lump it all on a single dedi (increasing my costs by a few 100%s to be fair).
Personal website, personal blog, Plex, and a few landing pages, wireguard & Mastodon.

Comments

• imokimok Member
    edited August 2019

GoMach5 @GM5 could have something for you.

For more power (and higher budget), try Incero.

If you are lucky, an E3 with Heymman will have an incredible budget/power relationship

Thanked by 1Skander
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hetzner would be your best bet, otherwise increase your budget :)

Thanked by 2Skander Hetzner_OL
  • edited August 2019

Plex

If this is the case location would probably play a large factor in terms of throughput to your location and maybe even responsiveness due to latency.

Thanked by 1Skander
  • GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@imok said:
    GoMach5 @GM5 could have something for you.

For more power (and higher budget), try Incero.

If you are lucky, an E3 with Heymman will have an incredible budget/power relationship

Thanks for the mention @imok. This would be the best we could offer. We're located in Psychz, Los Angeles facility.

Dual L5420 (8 Cores @ 2.5GHz)
       16 GB RAM    
       1x 1TB SATA Hard Drive.
       /29 IPv4 with 40Gbps of filtering
       5 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps - Incoming free.    
       $300/yr (works out at $25/mo)

If you're interested then feel free to get in contact.

Thanked by 3Skander Ouji coreflux
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Skander said: because of the tiny budget

$20-25 for a dedi is anything but cheap. There isn't any reason to pay $300 for yearly either. Have you seen Kimsufi prices? For your requirements the "KS-8 Intel i7-920 4c/8t" comes out to about 18 USD/month.

Thanked by 1Skander
  • @rm_ said:

Skander said: because of the tiny budget

$20-25 for a dedi is anything but cheap. There isn't any reason to pay $300 for yearly either. Have you seen Kimsufi prices? For your requirements the "KS-8 Intel i7-920 4c/8t" comes out to about 18 USD/month.

You only get 1 ipv4 and 1 ipv6 tho not very easy to consolidate vms

edited August 2019

SirFoxy said: You only get 1 ipv4 and 1 ipv6 tho not very easy to consolidate vms

If these are all your VMs, there is no reason they can't share the IPv4 (NAT network with port forwarding to specific VMs from the outside). Besides, the OP specified that 1 IPv4 is enough.

And on IPv6 you do get the whole /64. Unofficially, but there have been no reports of anyone getting any trouble for this.

Thanked by 1chrisp
  • @rm_ said:

SirFoxy said: You only get 1 ipv4 and 1 ipv6 tho not very easy to consolidate vms

If these are all your VMs, there is no reason they can't share the IPv4 (NAT network with port forwarding to specific VMs from the outside). Besides, the OP specified that 1 IPv4 is enough.

And on IPv6 you do get the whole /64. Unofficially, but there have been no reports of anyone getting any trouble for this.

I'm assuming ipv6 offered means a /64 with Nat and I wouldn't risk it with kimsufi lol easier with dacentec or wsi

I'm assuming ipv6 offered means a /64 with Nat

No, "IPv6 offered" just means IPv6 itself is available, that doesn't say anything about availability or lack/presense of NAT on IPv4, and there is typically no NAT on IPv6.

• @rm_ said:

I'm assuming ipv6 offered means a /64 with Nat

No, "IPv6 offered" just means IPv6 itself is available, that doesn't say anything about availability or lack/presense of NAT on IPv4, and there is typically no NAT on IPv6.

ok

• If you're transcoding in Plex, then Kimsufi is the way to go. If only direct play, everything else in your workload would work on a VPS, and you could get quite a nice, stable VPS for way under your budget.

Thanked by 1Skander
  • FoxelVoxFoxelVox Member
    edited August 2019

I'm surprised nobody mentioned worldstream.nl.. They have some cool deals as well, if paid per 6 months or annually

Thanked by 1Stryp
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2019

Well, if you really #YOLO it.
    OP has i3, dedis with i3, 32gig memram and 240GB SSD/2TB HDD in ITALY hosted by the lovely uncle SEFLOW for 15.

https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/173

Cheap as it can get, besides Kimsufi and Hetzner if you need something stable.

Thanked by 3rm_ Turboooo Skander
  • ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

Dedicated servers with 4 cores, at least 8 GB of RAM, 1-gigabit uplink and 5 TB of traffic:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=A9D-3F2-BF1 :)

Thanked by 1Skander
  • If you found the 22Eur hetzner, never let it go.

The value crammed in, is immense.

Also @AlexBarakov 's threads usually have some westmere E5s at 25eur/mo

• SkanderSkander Member
    edited August 2019

Thanks for the replies guys, I genuinely appreciate the offers and recommendations. I took a while to go through all of them.

I have a few options I am now considering, and would appreciate any help going through them.

Option 1: AlphaVPS - @vimalware, are you a psychic? :lol:

This one is from AlphaVPS. I am a current customer and I like the company, so my preference is here right now.

Dual Intel Xeon L5630 (8 cores, 16 threads)
    16GB of DDR3 ECC RAM
    1TB HDD
    (unknown) on 1Gbit/s port, no filtering
    /29 IPv4
    /64 IPv6
    Bulgaria
    €20 / month. ($23 ~)

Option 2: GM5.

I also like this offer quite a bit.

Dual L5420 (8 Cores @ 2.5GHz)
       16 GB RAM    
       1x 1TB SATA Hard Drive.
       /29 IPv4 with 40Gbps of filtering
       5 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps - Incoming free.    
       United States
       $300/yr (works out at $25/mo)

Option 3: OneProvider

Core i3-6100 3.7 GHz 2 cores
      32 GB RAM
      2TB HDD
      1 IPv4
      IPv6 with 5 euro setup fee (??)
      Unlimited @ 100Mbps (~ lower than requested)
      Italy
      $199.03 yearly.

Option 4: Kimsufi.

Intel  i7-920  4c/8t   2.66GHz
     16GB DDR3 1333 MHz       
     2TB    HDD
     unknown @ 100 Mbps (lower than requested)
     1 IPv4 & IPv6 /128     
     France
     €15.99 / m ($18 ~)

Thanked by 2uptime coreflux

Depends on your application, the LXXXX old gen has slow single core performance.
    Also, I would not prepay OneProvider in general even with 10% off for a year.

Pay monthly, its a cheap machine OP somtimes does crappy support you do not want to lock into that.

Thanked by 2Skander uptime
  • @Skander said:
    Howdy peeps,

This is going to be slightly exploratory and vague (because of the tiny budget), but I'm looking for the following:

Location: could be mars for all I care, as long as the network is good and the DC won't light on fire daily.

I found a pretty sweet deal for 22ish, but I'm shopping around to know the price trends.

EDIT: I should probably include purpose. I have a few VPS' and they're all doing jack-sh*t most of the time, I just want to lump it all on a single dedi (increasing my costs by a few 100%s to be fair).
    Personal website, personal blog, Plex, and a few landing pages, wireguard & Mastodon.

Eggs in one basket and all that.

Thanked by 1Skander
  • @TimboJones said:

@Skander said:
    Howdy peeps,

Eggs in one basket and all that.

True. I'm keeping a single cheap VPS from another provider with a functional backup of anything critical. (and off-site backups, obviously).

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I love cheap dedis, perhaps too much.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Check our lineup: http://drserver.net/dedicated.php
    we have what you asked starting from $12.00 USD

Dallas TX
    Intel® Atom™ C2750 (8-Core, 2.4GHz)
    8GB RAM
    240GB SSD
    100 mbps unmetered DDoS protected
    1xIPv4 and as much as you want IPv6
    12 USD per month with promo code YBDX4U70Q

This server does not have IPMI, however we have automated installs, VNC/SSH guided installs and full PDU control.

Bandwidth mix: Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, GTT, Telia, Equinix Peering, DECIX Peering, Private Peering

100% uptime on power and network.

If you like something that is out of stock please let me know, we have constant circulation of servers.

• @drserver Let me know When the 2TB sata comes in stock. I would not mind one with the code if possible.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I think I’ve just made another mistake....

@AuroraZ said:
    @drserver Let me know When the 2TB sata comes in stock. I would not mind one with the code if possible.

Will do

@Nekki said:
    I think I’ve just made another mistake....

More Hentai storage, premium.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@drserver said:
    Check our lineup: http://drserver.net/dedicated.php
    we have what you asked starting from $12.00 USD

Dallas TX
    Intel® Atom™ C2750 (8-Core, 2.4GHz)
    8GB RAM
    240GB SSD
    100 mbps unmetered DDoS protected
    1xIPv4 and as much as you want IPv6
    12 USD per month with promo code YBDX4U70Q

This server does not have IPMI, however we have automated installs, VNC/SSH guided installs and full PDU control.

Bandwidth mix: Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, GTT, Telia, Equinix Peering, DECIX Peering, Private Peering

100% uptime on power and network.

If you like something that is out of stock please let me know, we have constant circulation of servers.

Sadly out of stock for all the other servers :(

MikePT said: Sadly out of stock for all the other servers

Hey Mike, we have 50+ servers in stock. If you need something please ping me. Only lineup what is not racked yet is Xeon Silvers.

Thank you

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • hzrhzr Member

drserver said: Hey Mike, we have 50+ servers in stock. If you need something please ping me. Only lineup what is not racked yet is Xeon Silvers.

Any way to get 500GB+ on one of those?

edited August 2019

hzr said: Any way to get 500GB+ on one of those?

On which one @hzr ?

This discussion has been closed.