Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMCA tolerant Host?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMCA tolerant Host?

One of my client's site links to some copyrighted stuffs. The server itself doesn't store any copyrighted material. He just links to copyrighted materials hosted in third party servers. Any provider who allows this?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2019

In today's law, links to copyright stuff is treated the same as hosting them.

• @cociu Do you allow this in your server?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

He sure will. Just prepare for ... well you will know soon enough.

Thanked by 3ITLabs hjlow pike
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@deank said:

not really

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

BuyVM/BuyShared - @Francisco
    HostSolutions.ro - @cociu
    If low traffic, even OVH will do, simply because they don't really care.

• creepcreep Member

I haven't torrenting for months, but it's always a good idea to torrent over VPN. Please for goat's sake.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

I think @Francisco does it. Please do confirm the exact nature of the content allowed as per his ToS.

• I would allow this.

• Wishosting,hostingsolution.ro,Contabo,Khanwebhost i m currently using them for my clients as for such kind of issues however have a good experince with wishosting and contabo hostingsolution is also good but expect anything from support team

• @jokymic Does contabo allow a site which links to copyrighted stuffs?

• StyxStyx Member

@Luke007 said:
    @jokymic Does contabo allow a site which links to copyrighted stuffs?

No.

• @Styx said:

@Luke007 said:
    @jokymic Does contabo allow a site which links to copyrighted stuffs?

No.

yes they ignore DMCA reports but not abuse reports :)

• ntupntup Member

DMCA ignored 99% Russian's or Ukranian hosting company

• @armandorg said:

@deank said:

not really

Yes, That's true, But you will still be on the receiving end of those DMCA notices and some(most) hosts will take this seriously and show you the way out.

As @deank said

@deank said:

• @AC_Fan said:
    BuyVM/BuyShared - @Francisco
    HostSolutions.ro - @cociu
    If low traffic, even OVH will do, simply because they don't really care.

Which part of BuyVM/BuyShared offers such service ?

• HostSolutions.ro is wrost, I do not recommend.

Thanked by 3BlaZe edfox hjlow
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

rahulks said: Which part of BuyVM/BuyShared offers such service ?

LU is best for any sort of linking.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Bopie willK JasonM
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Try https://mzunguhosting.ml/ network is fast my man

Thanked by 3Francisco tetech JasonM
  • @BlaZe said:
    Try https://mzunguhosting.ml/ network is fast my man

I fall for it every time and check them out :( They are too good for my personal project, Support answered quickly though ;)

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@rahulks said:

@armandorg said:

@deank said:

not really

Yes, That's true, But you will still be on the receiving end of those DMCA notices and some(most) hosts will take this seriously and show you the way out.

As @deank said

@deank said:

Quoting what he said, 'treated the same'.

Depends on the hosts, most of them will get scared as soon as they recieve some sort of DMCA complain, though, it's not the same.

• Somalia hosting

Thanked by 1ehab
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Francisco said:

rahulks said: Which part of BuyVM/BuyShared offers such service ?

LU is best for any sort of linking.

If I'm not mistaken your company is in the United States. If so then that is relevant and not whether some of your servers are in Luxembourg. Don't get me wrong, I do like your striving for sensible solutions as well as your attitude, but an american prosecutor does care (and value) very, very little about your point of view and your government has many tools to force or break you/your business.

@Luke007

I'd gladly recommend Francisco as a fine provider (many here can confirm that he is a fine provider) but in those kinds of cases (like yours) I'd strongly advise you to stay away from any provider with even remote connections to the USA or the 14 eyes states.
    I do not doubt Franciscos good intentions but we know for sure that american law enforcement (and spooks) do not respect that or even their citizens and will enforce their (rather arbitrary and ignorant) laws by all means (incl. severely illegal ones like kidnapping).

• Frantech is Canadian Eh

• 25-eyes will forcefeed all putative pirates and their precious ponies polonium! Aaargghhh!

@lazyt said:
    Frantech is Canadian Eh

Sorry, I was wrong. Apologies to @Francisco.

That said, Canada is 5 eyes and (I'm really sad to say that) not exactly powerful or known to go against the USA. And that was putting it very mildly and friendly.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@jsg not to quibble about crossing the 99-eyes or whatever but I'm guessing the people making these sorts of inquiries are generally more concerned about pissing off their host and getting booted from their $7/mo seedbox than they might be about getting Kim Dot Com-med by the gubmints. :pensive:

I could be wrong though ... no doubt sooner or later some of those "hello fellow kids" seekers may turn out to actually be the DMCA themselves (nice try FBI ...!)

EDIT2: @Luke007 WHO SENT YOU? WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR? :smiley:

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
    edited August 2019

@uptime said:
    @jsg not to quibble about crossing the 99-eyes or whatever but I'm guessing the people making these sorts of inquiries are generally more concerned about pissing off their host and getting booted from their $7/mo seedbox than they might be about getting Kim Dot Com-med by the gubmints. :pensive:

I could be wrong though ... no doubt sooner or later some of those "hello fellow kids" seekers may turn out to actually be the DMCA themselves (nice try FBI ...!)

I understand that but it seems reasonable to assume that a provider will be seriously pissed off when the canadian "FBI" knocks on his door. In fact that (more precisely, to avoid that) seems to be the main reason why many (most?) providers don't like any "grey" material on their servers.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Well, suffice to say ... maybe enough said - if you know what I'm saying ...

• My entire problem with the DMCA is the junk and harassing notices. I've mentioned a Marvel character in a blog post and received several notices from the automated systems.

Or have a out of copyright public domain book on the system for hobbiest use and get a DMCA.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • The issue is that different country have own DMCA rules. For Example in Albania DMCA is not issue at all . you must correctly select the country of your server placement