Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time4VPS legacy package deprecation - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time4VPS legacy package deprecation

13»

Comments

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited July 2019

@deank The end is due.

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

I am confused why all the anger ... at present I have a 2GB ram, 80GB storage VPS which I am paying EUR 2 per month for (bi-annually 47,88). I am being upgraded to 8GB ram, with the same storage of 80GB with no price increase until the end of my term in 2021. At that time, I could simply downgrade to their c-2 plan which will equal my RAM at present at just barely above the same price (bi-annually 59,98). I don't need the extra 60gb storage ... maybe that is what has everyone in an uproar??

FFS my co-location costs increase every year ... it is unreasonable to expect prices to stay constant forever - unless you signed up for a recurring forever plan. (Looking at you HostMantis)

As I recall when I signed up for time4vps it was NOT a recurring plan. As a matter of fact, my plan was 3,99/month and when they announced price hikes 2 1/2 years ago I was urged to pay ahead which gets me to where I am today ... paying 1/2 the price I originally was....

So I am at a loss to seeing what all the fuss is about, sorry.

• williewillie Member

alento said: FFS my co-location costs increase every year ... it is unreasonable to expect prices to stay constant forever

We are talking about computers. Prices are supposed to drop over time rather than increase. Colo is basically real estate and power, which goes up in $ per rack hosted, but the amount of cpus/ram gb's/disk tb's that you can fit in a rack decreases faster.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I smell hostrail in the air.

Thanked by 1julesZA
  • tetechtetech Member

alento said: So I am at a loss to seeing what all the fuss is about, sorry.

According to their email, it is based on storage, so my €24/2yr plan for 512 GB will become €80/2yr. This was a renewable plan which I already renewed twice.

I am kind of sympathetic with the general logic of jvandr. What we see here is that (a) nothing is fundamentally changing - they continue to offer OVZ, and by all accounts things continue on the same hardware (nothing has been said about downtime or migration); and (b) they are not offering anything in exchange for the more-than 300% price; it is not like they are bumping RAM or CPU here.

Basically they either failed to provide for future maintenance in the cost of their plans, or they simply want to lose the lower-margin customers. That might keep you financially afloat, but it doesn't build much of a reputation.

@tetech said:

it is not like they are bumping RAM or CPU here.

Hmm, in my case the RAM was increased from 2gb to 8gb ... not sure which package you have, but that is indeed a bump in RAM as far as I can see ... whether that is enough to justify the price increase ... it likely is not. For me, I will simply migrate to a smaller plan when my term is over.

• tetechtetech Member

@alento said:

@tetech said:

it is not like they are bumping RAM or CPU here.

Hmm, in my case the RAM was increased from 2gb to 8gb ... not sure which package you have, but that is indeed a bump in RAM as far as I can see ... whether that is enough to justify the price increase ... it likely is not. For me, I will simply migrate to a smaller plan when my term is over.

My legacy package is 1 vCPU (identified as Xeon E5-2609 @ 1.9), 512 MB RAM + 256 swap, 0.5 TB HDD, 2 TB BW. My understanding from their email, which says "it will be automatically converted to our current ones... depending on the disk space of your package", is that I would go to their current "0.5TB" plan which has 1 vCPU, 512 MB RAM, 0.5 TB HDD, 4 TB BW. So the price increases by more than 3x and I get an extra 2 TB BW which I won't use.

Ahh ... so it looks like you service is storage while mine was a VPS ... hence probably the difference.

• We will not pay more for a service that had a 'forever' fixed price.
    Furthermore we will never buy from these untrustworthy ssholes again. We will make sure our customers will know what strange and despicably business model these lying and cheating Lithuanian wnkers have.

• I just extended mine out until 2022. I am paying $1.14 a month for 500GB of storage there.

I hope they honor it.

• Just canceled my service with them, but I must admit they had a stable product

Thanked by 1julesZA
  • deluxedeluxe Member

@alento said:
    I am confused why all the anger ...

Greed. Well, the site is called LOW END so there shouldn't be any surprise that greedy cheapskates are abound.

• williewillie Member

alento said: Hmm, in my case the RAM was increased from 2gb to 8gb ...

The regular vps plans were never that interesting to begin with. The storage plans were sold at prices that were unbelievable at the time and very low even now, with the company claiming that the plans were sustainable, would be around forever, people could buy as many as they wanted, etc. This was met with skepticism and so the reaction to the current increase is partly "I told you so".

Thanked by 2uptime alento
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

@alvaro said:
    @time4vps mine was expiring on 2021-09-02 and I renewed for 2 years now (biannual payment cycle), can I renew for as many years as I wish before the price increase?

Yes.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

@active8 said:

I had a M package for 35,92 per year using 10 GB with 2 GB memory, suddenly they upgrade to the highest package C8 5,99 per month package!

This is not in line with my current package,this should a C2 package !

M package had limit of 80 GB disk space and that is why your package converted to C8. You can always downgrade ;)

• i'll cancel my package.

• I have 6 vps with 8TB , network low decrease from 400MB to 100MB and so many limit for IOPS .... so slow for big storage vps. Now is Time to say goodbye

• @smowtion said:
    I have 6 vps with 8TB , network low decrease from 400MB to 100MB and so many limit for IOPS .... so slow for big storage vps. Now is Time to say goodbye

You're not seeing this 2.11 eur/TB for true storage anytime soon.
    GRAB THIS in next 3 days : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/160118/london-chicago-offers-nvme-and-storage/p1

Thanked by 2ITLabs uptime