Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time4VPS legacy package deprecation - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time4VPS legacy package deprecation

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

deank said: This is what happens when your profit margin is 2 cents per account.

Sounds like 100% more than many providers on here.

• @Mr_Tom said:

psb777 said: they posted an offer

I could be mistaken but that thread doesn't seem to mention anything about them being recurring prices?

I don't know about time4vps but I know every offer I've seen for hostens (same company) hasn't been recurring.

Yups me too, other providers seems can provide similiar price with their new price with better performance.

• so what mean? they not offer anymore this service?

• cremcrem Member

It's not been even a year since I pecked on this bait, which clearly states "forever" (which in time4vps world means "9 months"), and moved my non-storage servers to time4vps.

It's not much of a deal to move somewhere else, but it will take another weekend to do that.

Disappointing!

• cremcrem Member

Hm, or maybe that's not changing as it was already "new" packages?.. I surely cannot change billing cycle without losing the discount, but I may be able to keep the discount if I don't move.

Anyway, I also have a couple of Storage VPS instances, where I'm surely affected.

• Sheesh, the entitlement is strong with this one.

Thanked by 2vimalware Daniel15
  • LeviLevi Member

@jvnadr said:

LTniger said: Forgot to take some meds? Don't bark on the wrong tree, go to cPanel thread and unleash your inner monster there. Do you even have their services?

The same LTniger. Always there to insult other members with his BS. And, yes, I have services with both of their companies, as it shown in my text.

LTniger said: Ask your-self - are you so important for any provider to be able dictate what is good and what is wrong and how fast world should spin according to your wish?

Yes. I am, and as any of client of a company, we are important, not to dictate, but to have our own opinion or be frustrated for shady practices of a company that affect us. After all, a company without clients is a sinking ship.
    Am I so important to them alone? Of course no, but this does not eliminate my right to yell when I see such bad B2C practices...
    Do they have every right to increase their prices 200-300%? Yes, they do. Do I have the right to criticize heavily their decision? Of course, yes. Is this means that I am trying to alter the way the world spins? Only a moron could use this as an argument for criticizing a company's practices.

P.S. Usually I am on a provider's side when has to do with company decisions or crazy demands from clients. But this is not the case. A price hike this big, especially when the excuses are sooo poor and laughable, is not the same thing...

If you are in any way unsatisfied with the company and care to share negative emotions in public, why do you still with them? Why do you keep renewing your services? These practices are not rarity among corporations and has tendency to get worse and worse.

I never insulted you in any way, if you feel that - please forgive me, as it was not intentional.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

@crem said:
    It's not been even a year since I pecked on this bait, which clearly states "forever" (which in time4vps world means "9 months"), and moved my non-storage servers to time4vps.

It's not much of a deal to move somewhere else, but it will take another weekend to do that.

Disappointing!

Recurring packages won't be affected. For clarity you can always contact our support team and they will provide you with exact info ;)

• Any changes coming up with @hostens? @time4vps

• again time4vps was not not banned on here?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Remember Chris' promised "changes"?

You are seeing it.

Thanked by 2Francisco jvnadr
  • @deank said:
    Remember Chris' promised "changes"?

You are seeing it.

time4chicagovps

• lowfrontlowfront Member
    edited July 2019

edit

• alvaroalvaro Member

@time4vps mine was expiring on 2021-09-02 and I renewed for 2 years now (biannual payment cycle), can I renew for as many years as I wish before the price increase?

• rdesrdes Member

At first I thought it was due to the move to kvm because of EOL of openvz 6 in november, but if it is still ovz, prices are too high...

• @crem said:

Disappointing!

@crem I just confirmed hosts purchased on this deal will not be effected.

• ruggieroavruggieroav Member
    edited July 2019

Wow!

My current plan is not set to renew until 2021, and it's currently 287.76 Eur every 2 years. Looks like the new price is 679.00 for a new 2-year term, nearly a 400 euro increase! Hopefully Time4VPS will reconsider their discount code policy.

I'm not benefiting anything from using my service "for free" until my service term expires, as there are no resource changes, as confirmed above. For an extra 400 euro I would hope for a somewhat better plan. I wish Time4VPS would have been more transparent here.

This reminds me of the switch from ANALOG to DIGITAL TV, and at least one cable provider riding the wave of requiring "adapters" to watch TV; they then started scrambling ATSC signals and required boxes. So, are we to assume, because of the ripple effect of some service providers like CPanel these egregious increases will continue?

Thanked by 2Daniel15 gonzo
  • Wow. There's a lot of 'surprised' people here.
    Haven't you been listening to our resident prophet @deank ?

Plan accordingly. Hoard storage dealz :D

Thanked by 1uptime
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is always nigh, folks. Plan accordingly.

• active8active8 Member
    edited July 2019

Weird thing happens here:

If you purchase one of our previous packages (S, M, L, XL), it will be automatically converted to our current ones: C2, C4, C6, etc. depending on the disk space of your package on 1st of August 2019.

I had a M package for 35,92 per year using 10 GB with 2 GB memory, suddenly they upgrade to the highest package C8 5,99 per month package!

This is not in line with my current package,this should a C2 package !

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2019

ruggieroav said: So, are we to assume, because of the ripple effect of some service providers like CPanel these egregious increases will continue?

Absolutely. A lot of providers will take the already bad news from most hosts dealing with cPanel as good cover fire to hike rates on their services. It makes sense, why deal with the bad press all on your own when you can mix it in as background noise.

A few years ago Target shuttered their entire Canada operations with almost no notice, something like 200 stores closed throughout the country in one go. When everyone was losing their shit and the news was focused on that, Sony did the exact same thing later in the week and almost no one remembers about it since Target provided cover for them.

The market needs it. You have too many companies running at near losses, or in many cases, they need the next round of huge discounts/sales/signups to pay today's bills. The Hostmantis hikes come off that way to me.

Francisco

Thanked by 3ITLabs jvnadr AuroraZ
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2019

CPanel 3.0, surprise.

1 Day in advance, before shit gets downgraded, well done.

• williewillie Member

Well if it's renewable til september 1, that's 1 month notice which isn't so terrible. The price jump really is very large (I miscalculated it last night) but still I'd encourage jvnadr to switch to decaf for a while. The old plans were unsustainable like all of us were saying.

Thanked by 2jvnadr vimalware
  • hzrhzr Member

willie said: Well if it's renewable til september 1, that's 1 month notice which isn't so terrible. The price jump really is very large (I miscalculated it last night) but still I'd encourage jvnadr to switch to decaf for a while. The old plans were unsustainable like all of us were saying.

You have less than 24 hours to renew according to the email, any renewals after that take effect at the higher rate

• @LTniger said:

@jvnadr said:

LTniger said: Forgot to take some meds? Don't bark on the wrong tree, go to cPanel thread and unleash your inner monster there. Do you even have their services?

The same LTniger. Always there to insult other members with his BS. And, yes, I have services with both of their companies, as it shown in my text.

LTniger said: Ask your-self - are you so important for any provider to be able dictate what is good and what is wrong and how fast world should spin according to your wish?

Yes. I am, and as any of client of a company, we are important, not to dictate, but to have our own opinion or be frustrated for shady practices of a company that affect us. After all, a company without clients is a sinking ship.
    Am I so important to them alone? Of course no, but this does not eliminate my right to yell when I see such bad B2C practices...
    Do they have every right to increase their prices 200-300%? Yes, they do. Do I have the right to criticize heavily their decision? Of course, yes. Is this means that I am trying to alter the way the world spins? Only a moron could use this as an argument for criticizing a company's practices.

P.S. Usually I am on a provider's side when has to do with company decisions or crazy demands from clients. But this is not the case. A price hike this big, especially when the excuses are sooo poor and laughable, is not the same thing...

If you are in any way unsatisfied with the company and care to share negative emotions in public, why do you still with them? Why do you keep renewing your services? These practices are not rarity among corporations and has tendency to get worse and worse.

I never insulted you in any way, if you feel that - please forgive me, as it was not intentional.

You insulted him by not reading his post and replying to him anyway. Again. You keep asking questions he already answered, so that's annoying.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • williewillie Member

hzr said: You have less than 24 hours to renew according to the email,

Yeah I'm going by the post earlier this thread:

time4vps said: The prices will only change on September 1st and will take effect only on the next billing cycle.

but it's all confusing. If someone has a plan about to expire and wants to keep it, I'd hope they'd have renewed by now. Otherwise they get at least 1 month to migrate, which is much lower drama than 1 day.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

willie said: I'd encourage jvnadr to switch to decaf for a while

Maybe I need some vacations! :)

willie said: The price jump really is very large

NOTHING in my opinion excuses a price increase of 200-300%. And their plans where cheap, but not alpharacks cheap. Even more (at least for storage) when they run those plans for over 4 years and the hardware has already got their money back.

willie said: The old plans were unsustainable like all of us were saying.

There are unsustainable plans that are yelling it from miles away. But those plans come mostly from kiddos / summer hosters that are trying to collect some quick backs and soon enough disappear.
    On the other hand, someone could call some of @AnthonySmith 's plans really unsustainable, much more some @Francisco 's plans ($20/y shared reseller hosting with dedicated ipv4, until the CPanel shitty move?). Or Contabo's plans, that they are there for more than 8 years and are really stable (I use them for more than 4 years). But they are not.
    Besides, when a company owns the datacenter, their costs are less than providers like the respectful I mentioned before.

My urge came from the fact that players like CPanel or (of course, smaller) time4vps make those moves just because they can, not because they need desperately money and they are facing a huge loss.
    Anyway, I am preparing now a cup of camomile to calm my temper...

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

jvnadr said: @Francisco 's plans ($20/y shared reseller hosting with dedicated ipv4, until the CPanel shitty move?). Or Contabo's plans, that they are there for more than 8 years and are really stable (I use them for more than 4 years). But they are not.

́Everything we offer we turn a profit on.

Remember, we own all of our gear, routers, ips, and buy direct bandwidth. Our pricing/costs are much different than most hosts on here.

Francisco

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2019

Francisco said: ́Everything we offer we turn a profit on.

I am sure you do and I know from first hand you offer an excellent service. That was my point. If a hosting provider is professional and capable, he can work for profit (as all of us) even with really discounted prices. And I am really sure you wouldn't even think about doing a price hike of 200-300% over your promotions, that's the difference with professionals like you and behavior like CPanel's one ore Time4vps's one...

• Just tried to renew my service and found that the coupon code was only valid for one time use... Luckily I was having a 2-year plan and next renew is 2020-07...