Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net presents tip with money the costumer service - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net presents tip with money the costumer service

2»

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@failhostings said:
    Would this money go to the employer or to the employee? or both?
    Still i have not seen such things in my 10 years of experience with hosting ... the end is nigh.
    Wonder if im calling sir would you like to tipp me some money lel.

It's not new.. we saw similar thing from 2014 (As I remember)
    But it's not a common practice in Hosting Industry..

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:

AuroraZ said: I always left one when I was in France. Maybe I offended some people who knows anymore.

Tipping doesn't offend, but I think it is not expected. Basically you would leave a small amount to thank them in cases where you got unusually good service. At least that's what I was told in Germany. Any French people here who can enlighten us? Now I'm wondering.

That's more or less how it works across Europe, as far as I know.

• failhostingsfailhostings Member
    edited July 2019

The thing is under an enterprise mentality bussines this shall dosent exist, I think online net has identity crisis going on as they are on both on costumer centric hosting and bussines having big costumers like Renault etc.
    So Iliad shall get their shit togheter or create another different entity as not even the iliad data center website is up anymore .
    But since the ceo is a French Jewish 6 bilionare who even operates Golan telecom in Israel dosent give a flying fuck about losing money. I think the bad marketing choices that online.net makes and the degrading costumer support (even salaries) is the fault of hippie féminine managers who runs bussines like a pot shop while being high af.
    I may end it with the hosting industry needs passionate people who are traditionally about it manny industries turned into a shit show damn I played Wolfenstein Youngblood and they ruined an ip with feminism.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Mate, take a break and collect your sanity. You're rambling like a madman.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@failhostings said:
    The thing is under an enterprise mentality bussines this shall dosent exist, I think online net has identity crisis going on as they are on both on costumer centric hosting and bussines having big costumers like Renault etc.
    So Iliad shall get their shit togheter or create another different entity as not even the iliad data center website is up anymore .
    But since the ceo is a French Jewish 6 bilionare who even operates Golan telecom in Israel dosent give a flying fuck about losing money. I think the bad marketing choices that online.net makes and the degrading costumer support (even salaries) is the fault of hippie féminine managers who runs bussines like a pot shop while being high af.
    I may end it with the hosting industry needs passionate people who are traditionally about it manny industries turned into a shit show damn I played Wolfenstein Youngblood and they ruined an ip with feminism.

wow.

I am impress.

some kinda LET triple Lutz just gone down here - but can they stick the landing?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@uptime said:
    (but I am sure it is scriptable to a greater extent as well ...)

I think I just break the Internet.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@FAT32 said:

@uptime said:

omg! lulz ...

well played sir.

well played indeed.

Now ... once we're past the Bekenstein bound then the next stop may very well be the Berenstein Bears ... Beware!

EDIT2:

Also, I just got the "missing" stickers from Hetzner in the mail.

Now all bets are off - some bizarro-world mischief is definitely afoot -

I think I will stay home today, and ponder deeply on all of this.

Thanked by 3ITLabs FAT32 Hetzner_OL
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@FAT32 said:

@uptime said:

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@FAT32 said:

@uptime said:

Vanilla beware! A wave of Distributed Thank you Attacks (D-TyA) has just emerged.

Thanked by 2uptime failhostings
  • @ITLabs said:

@FAT32 said:

@uptime said:

Vanilla beware! A wave of Distributed Thank you Attacks (D-TyA) has just emerged.

Low end penta testing Soon

Thanked by 2ITLabs hzr
  • levnodelevnode Member
    edited July 2019

FAT32 said: I think I just break the Internet.

Yes, you did. LOL. Consider sharing the script? :smiley:

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • failhostings said: Low end penta testing Soon

What's a penta?

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@Janevski said:

failhostings said: Low end penta testing Soon

What's a penta?

Penta comes from Greek, where it has the meaning "five''. So, low end penta testing represents the 5 crucial tests to determine if something is low end or not. I hope this clarifies the matter. Tks

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

levnode said: Consider sharing the script?

Since mine is low-yield, I don't mind divulging that it is simply using wget in a loop, backgrounded with output to /dev/null, passing a header containing a few cookies (some from lowendtalk, some from cloudflare) in order to hit the url for a "thanks" link 7 times with just a few milliseconds delay between each request ... Sometimes it works - other times, not so much.

I am guessing that @FAT32 may be using an entirely different approach - possibly leveraging some javascript inside a browser already connected to lowendtalk, thus obviating the need to finagle the cookies - and, most importantly - likely avoiding the additional overhead of the handshaking involved in establishing an https connection. But it's also (theoretically) possible that they've got some extra mojo due to their "Deal Compiler Extraordinaire" status. Yeah, let's go with that.

Oh, and please do always remember (hello fellow skiddies) - just because you can doesn't mean you should ... :smiley:

lulz

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@uptime said:

levnode said: Consider sharing the script?

Since mine is low-yield, I don't mind divulging that it is simply using wget in a loop, backgrounded with output to /dev/null, passing a header containing a few cookies (some from lowendtalk, some from cloudflare) in order to hit the url for a "thanks" link 7 times with just a few milliseconds delay between each request ... Sometimes it works - other times, not so much.

I am guessing that @FAT32 may be using an entirely different approach - possibly leveraging some javascript inside a browser already connected to lowendtalk, thus obviating the need to finagle the cookies - and, most importantly - likely avoiding the additional overhead of the handshaking involved in establishing an https connection. But it's also (theoretically) possible that they've got some extra mojo due to their "Deal Compiler Extraordinaire" status. Yeah, let's go with that.

Oh, and please do always remember (hello fellow skiddies) - just because you can doesn't mean you should ... :smiley:

lulz

ooorrrr.... multiple-click thanks really fast.

Thanked by 3uptime uptime Neoon
  • @ITLabs said:

@Janevski said:

What's a penta?

Penta comes from Greek, where it has the meaning "five''. So, low end penta testing represents the 5 crucial tests to determine if something is low end or not. I hope this clarifies the matter. Tks

I never thought of it that way...
    What are the five tests of failure or success?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@Janevski said:

@ITLabs said:

@Janevski said:

What's a penta?

I never thought of it that way...
    What are the five tests of failure or success?

1. Does it cost less than $7/m, preferably $1/y?
    2. Does it have the potential to generate lots of drama and PMS?
    3. Does it break easily when trying to upgrade, especially showing symptoms of no-NoVNC?
    4. Is it associated with the terms "potassium", "nigh", "refound" and/or "selekter"?
    5. Did that show up in LET?

EDIT: added refound, tks @uptime

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

and ... ultimately - is refound charegeback the final opention ?

EDIT2: (possibly already covered under item #2 ...)

Thanked by 2ITLabs failhostings
  • lol am i the only one to see at first sight "online.net presents tip with money the costum service" ?