Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hello there, Is there any good cheap managed hosting.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hello there, Is there any good cheap managed hosting.

Hello again reader.

I want to ask that, does anyone know of companies that have cheap deals on 1Gbps servers.

The special thing is not going to be used as a torrent / any copyright issues etc...

It should be a managed cPanel web server. With Root access( if it can do) maybe no root access can do too

The server should be cheap... if there are good managed servers that don’t offer 1Gbps can also still tell the providers.... it can be a VPS or Dedicated server

Requirements ( can be changed )
4+ GB ram
Less then 150GB storage. ( no preference HDD or SSD)
4cores or more
anything above 100Mbps but then it should be reliable

Thanks for any help you can do...

Thanks again!!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

You're aware cPanel has a hefty price now right?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    You're aware cPanel has a hefty price now right?

Francisco

Listen to our president.

Thanked by 2Francisco ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

Hello again writer, welcome.

I'm not sure I got you right. Do you want a shared/reseller cPanel hosting or someone to provide a dedi/vps with cPanel licenses?

Also, 100Mbps or 1Gbps? Location (US, EU, Asia)?

You can find cheap dedicated servers (without cPanel) at wholesaleinternet and reliablesite @MrRadic.

Thanked by 3SirFoxy MrRadic uptime
  • tomttomt Member

Cheap and Managed isn't a good combination in my opinion, especially with Cpanel prices gone up. I reckon you will be able to get something half decent for starting at 100$ for your requirements, plus have you considered to get DDoS protection with your hosting plan?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@vnsugadev said:
    Hello again reader.

I want to ask that, does anyone know of companies that have cheap deals on 1Gbps servers.

The special thing is not going to be used as a torrent / any copyright issues etc...

It should be a managed cPanel web server. With Root access( if it can do) maybe no root access can do too

The server should be cheap... if there are good managed servers that don’t offer 1Gbps can also still tell the providers.... it can be a VPS or Dedicated server

4+ GB ram
    4cores or more

Thanks again!!

Ehat is your budget and is DirectAdmin Acceptable ?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

Seems like the regulars here used to be quicker to mention KnownHost ... (not sure what the backstory is but I can no longer find anyone currently representing KnownHost on LET - perhaps they've moved on to other ventures? :))

Anyway - I believe they are still Known to be a reliable provider of managed servers, reasonably priced but not "cheap" ... you might do well to check their offers to set a budget accordingly, and then maybe try to shop around some more if you need "cheap". (Though I'm guessing you'll ultimately get what you pay for, for better or for worse.)

if you can work with a solid 100 mbit/s then you might get something close to your requirements (specifically, "4 cores or more ") priced at $100 per month (unless there's some discount I don't know about - and it would come down to $63 per month with annual payment). https://www.knownhost.com/managed-vps.html

If you really want a 1 gbps port from them then that's going to cost quite a bit more - seems like that would involve something like their KH-MD3 dedicated server at $249 monthly plus $99 setup - and the rest of the specs for that one go way beyond what is mentioned in the OP.

Another option might be to get a server or VPS matching your requirements in conjunction with a contract for someone to administer it for you - not sure if @MikePT might still available for that sort of work - and @BharatB also comes to mind. I've also seen @AuroraZ mention availability in their signature recently. I don't think any of these guys are going to be cheap as far as raw numbers up front go - but they do seem to know their way around the low-end deals here and I expect that they all should know their sysadmin stuff pretty well - so could end up saving you significant money, and time, and peace of mind - once it's all said and done.

• MikeInMikeIn Member

I don't see a min. budget amount.
    For the specs you could look at Hybrid or KVM with dedi. CPU,etc.

Also, ignoring the cPanel new pricing part, I think buycpanel also had some kind of mgmt option as addon

• @XiNiX said:

@vnsugadev said:
    Hello again reader.

4+ GB ram
    4cores or more

Thanks again!!

Ehat is your budget and is DirectAdmin Acceptable ?

Actually, Yes. It would be good if we had cPanel but any other GUI based control panel is good as long as we can easily make new accounts and give it to our friends for sharing etc....\

Also for the budget I might see 40$/month, its quite low.. But let me see

• @uptime said:
    Seems like the regulars here used to be quicker to mention KnownHost ... (not sure what the backstory is but I can no longer find anyone currently representing KnownHost on LET - perhaps they've moved on to other ventures? :))

Anyway - I believe they are still Known to be a reliable provider of managed servers, reasonably priced but not "cheap" ... you might do well to check their offers to set a budget accordingly, and then maybe try to shop around some more if you need "cheap". (Though I'm guessing you'll ultimately get what you pay for, for better or for worse.)

if you can work with a solid 100 mbit/s then you might get something close to your requirements (specifically, "4 cores or more ") priced at $100 per month (unless there's some discount I don't know about - and it would come down to $63 per month with annual payment). https://www.knownhost.com/managed-vps.html

If you really want a 1 gbps port from them then that's going to cost quite a bit more - seems like that would involve something like their KH-MD3 dedicated server at $249 monthly plus $99 setup - and the rest of the specs for that one go way beyond what is mentioned in the OP.

Another option might be to get a server or VPS matching your requirements in conjunction with a contract for someone to administer it for you - not sure if @MikePT might still available for that sort of work - and @BharatB also comes to mind. I've also seen @AuroraZ mention availability in their signature recently. I don't think any of these guys are going to be cheap as far as raw numbers up front go - but they do seem to know their way around the low-end deals here and I expect that they all should know their sysadmin stuff pretty well - so could end up saving you significant money, and time, and peace of mind - once it's all said and done.

Hello there.
    I think knownhost is kind of more money for the lower specs servers. But if its " Managed", I have seen providers with even 60$/mo for managed. Does Knownhost have cPanel Licence as default. or do we have to buy it?

• @ITLabs said:

I'm not sure I got you right. Do you want a shared/reseller cPanel hosting or someone to provide a dedi/vps with cPanel licenses?

You can find cheap dedicated servers (without cPanel) at wholesaleinternet and reliablesite @MrRadic.

Oh, sorry for not explaining it properly.
    I meant I needed a VPS/Dedicated server with managed cPanel service

I would look towards 40$/mo as a budget for me. But ill see If i can do anything about increasing it.... Because I see many providers still being expensive according to me...

Thanks!

• @vnsugadev said:
    Hello again reader.

4+ GB ram
    4cores or more

Thanks again!!

free cpanel license and a promo going on https://www.a2hosting.com/vps-hosting/managed

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited July 2019

@vnsugadev said:

@ITLabs said:

Oh, sorry for not explaining it properly.
    I meant I needed a VPS/Dedicated server with managed cPanel service

I would look towards 40$/mo as a budget for me. But ill see If i can do anything about increasing it.... Because I see many providers still being expensive according to me...

Thanks!

$40/mo won't cover the costs of cPanel alone if you have above 30 accounts...* (at normal pricing as nothing has been confirmed of the new pricing to my knowledge for partners) Not even factoring in the costs of the VPS or the management costs.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

vnsugadev said:
    [...] managed cPanel service
    [...] 4+ GB ram
    [...] 4cores or more
    [...] Less then 150GB storage
    [...] above 100Mbps
    [...] should be reliable
    [...] 40$/mo

okay ... this is an interesting challenge - LET's try to figure this out a bit more

first to respond to your question ...

vnsugadev said: Does Knownhost have cPanel Licence as default. or do we have to buy it?

I don't know! I have never used them myself. When you get a chance, just take some time and study their website and see what you can learn. While it seems that they may be a bit above your current budget - it's free to look. :)

In any event - what I would suggest doing here in order to help further clarify what you can achieve with a $40 budget is simply to price out the different parts of your spec as much as possible. Then you can decide what's most important, and if there are any areas where you can make adjustments (ie modify some requirements and/or increase budget). But let's first see how far $40 might get you, just for the sake of a low-end exercise.

[...] 4+ GB ram
    [...] 4cores or more
    [...] above 100Mbps

Can you estimate the amount of traffic you will need to support? For this exercise I'm just going to say 5 TB - depending on the provider and geographical location it may or may not be a problem to increase this number - but better to clarify your needs a bit here as well. "Premium" network does cost a bit more, so be prepared to adjust your budget accordingly if that's a priority for you to be pushing significant traffic.

I would estimate generally somewhere between $10 and $20 monthly cost for these specs (without "managed cPanel") if getting regular pricing from a reliable provider. (Although if you look around you may find promotional pricing possibly under $10 even from some established providers during sales events - but probably better not to count too much on finding lower prices on short notice and having whatever provider making the offer also already a known quantity in terms of reliability. If you can seek out bargains patiently then might possible to find some very good deals from time to time.)

Anyway just for the sake of discussion we might call your cost estimate so far something like $15 for 4 GB ram, 4 cores, 150 GB HDD. and let's say 5 TB traffic on a 1 Gbps port - and you should be able to find at least a few decent offers in that ballpark I think. The "4 cores" is probably the most difficult thing for a provider to provide cheaply so may be a good idea to clarify your use case a bit. Do you expect consistently high level of CPU utilization requiring "dedicated cores" (threads)? That would certainly increase your cost quite a bit, to the point where it might make sense to look at a small dedicated server for probably more like (at least) $30 monthly.

So - in any event - here we are now looking at one likely scenario where you've got $40 - $15 = $25 left for the "managed cPanel" part of your request.

Depending on your expectations for the "managed" aspect, it's starting to be a tight fit for your preferred budget. But it's - possibly - not toooo far out (as long as it doesn't take a competent sysadmin more than 5 minutes a month to deal with :smiley: ) ... I think maybe this would be a good time to clarify a bit more just exactly what you're looking for.

I'm wondering - do you absolutely need cPanel? Or would DirectAdmin work okay for you as well?

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited July 2019

uptime said: I'm wondering - do you absolutely need cPanel? Or would DirectAdmin work okay for you as well?

vnsugadev said: It would be good if we had cPanel but any other GUI based control panel is good as long as we can easily make new accounts and give it to our friends for sharing etc....\

Thanked by 1uptime
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2019

Thanks for the mention @AnthonySmith but $40 is too low even for me. @vnsugadev get a server from @Francisco he will give you free Directadmin as well.

I can manage your server for you if it's $40 apart from the server.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Just WHY?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • ITLabs said: reliablesit

@uptime said:

vnsugadev said:
    [...] managed cPanel service
    [...] 4+ GB ram
    [...] 4cores or more
    [...] above 100Mbps
    [...] should be reliable
    [...] 40$/mo

okay ... this is an interesting challenge - LET's try to figure this out a bit more

first to respond to your question ...

vnsugadev said: Does Knownhost have cPanel Licence as default. or do we have to buy it?

I don't know! I have never used them myself. When you get a chance, just take some time and study their website and see what you can learn. While it seems that they may be a bit above your current budget - it's free to look. :)

In any event - what I would suggest doing here in order to help further clarify what you can achieve with a $40 budget is simply to price out the different parts of your spec as much as possible. Then you can decide what's most important, and if there are any areas where you can make adjustments (ie modify some requirements and/or increase budget). But let's first see how far $40 might get you, just for the sake of a low-end exercise.

[...] 4+ GB ram
    [...] 4cores or more
    [...] above 100Mbps

Can you estimate the amount of traffic you will need to support? For this exercise I'm just going to say 5 TB - depending on the provider and geographical location it may or may not be a problem to increase this number - but better to clarify your needs a bit here as well. "Premium" network does cost a bit more, so be prepared to adjust your budget accordingly if that's a priority for you to be pushing significant traffic.

I would estimate generally somewhere between $10 and $20 monthly cost for these specs (without "managed cPanel") if getting regular pricing from a reliable provider. (Although if you look around you may find promotional pricing possibly under $10 even from some established providers during sales events - but probably better not to count too much on finding lower prices on short notice and having whatever provider making the offer also already a known quantity in terms of reliability. If you can seek out bargains patiently then might possible to find some very good deals from time to time.)

Anyway just for the sake of discussion we might call your cost estimate so far something like $15 for 4 GB ram, 4 cores, 150 GB HDD. and let's say 5 TB traffic on a 1 Gbps port - and you should be able to find at least a few decent offers in that ballpark I think. The "4 cores" is probably the most difficult thing for a provider to provide cheaply so may be a good idea to clarify your use case a bit. Do you expect consistently high level of CPU utilization requiring "dedicated cores" (threads)? That would certainly increase your cost quite a bit, to the point where it might make sense to look at a small dedicated server for probably more like (at least) $30 monthly.

So - in any event - here we are now looking at one likely scenario where you've got $40 - $15 = $25 left for the "managed cPanel" part of your request.

Depending on your expectations for the "managed" aspect, it's starting to be a tight fit for your preferred budget. But it's - possibly - not toooo far out (as long as it doesn't take a competent sysadmin more than 5 minutes a month to deal with :smiley: ) ... I think maybe this would be a good time to clarify a bit more just exactly what you're looking for.

I'm wondering - do you absolutely need cPanel? Or would DirectAdmin work okay for you as well?

Okay, I just noticed. I am not a real kinda expert in servers and I see what your trying to ask...

I am sick of shared hosts, I tried them and I really don’t like it... I kinda just want a Private server so only me and my accounts are there. But basically managed hosting is like getting your private server without worrying about how to install cPanel etc.... managing it..( Which I am not good at all).

Honestly instead of saying the specs maybe my requirements might help you decide the host I need:

So first I might need around 2TB+ bandwidth. When you say “1Gbps” Port, it’s obviously not guaranteed internet speed. But I would be happy if there were speeds any above 100Mbps, that’s more than enough for my upload/download needs. Also this server is going to be a more of a private server... no not a lot of visitors Maybe 100/day or even 50/day... but I want like few domains hosted maybe say 5... all domains will have basic Wordpress sites running on them... each will have around 10 visitors daily... so you can see that I really don’t need so much bandwidth,.., but each visitor might pull a 1-3GB file of my server.... I am not sure if I should host the files in google drive or my server... but again I’ll think of it..... but honestly a shared server might do good. But again the STORAGE is the factor at the last...

I think I am gonna drop cPanel UNLESS:
    The other panel has FTP
    And a easy way to install Wordpress
    Easy way to have “cPanel accounts” it might be called something other in the new control panel( directadmin, etc..)
    And finally easy way to add domains with name servers...

I think all of these can be “ set it and forget it “ for a admin...it really doesn’t need to be looked after every week or month....

So it’s really on what unmanaged provider I should buy, because there are a lot of tutorials there in the online... maybe let’s see what the guy is doing in youtube and I’ll copy the same....

Anyways, thanks a lot for helping me.... I am not sure what option I should go with but it should not be shared hosting,...

Thanks again!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

thanks @Falzo! for helping me read what's already been written above

vnsugadev said: any other GUI based control panel is good as long as we can easily make new accounts and give it to our friends for sharing etc

So now LET us see what we can find in terms of reliable providers who offer DirectAdmin on a high-spec VPS

BuyVM (@Francisco) - free DirectAdmin with any VPS. Possible issue: won't get 4 cores ($30 monthly will get 2 dedicated vcores with 8 GB ram and 160 GB SSD - and I think there may be some "panel management" included at that price (?). Doubling the specs to get the 4 dedicated vcores would be $60, so maybe that's still a possibility. Another issue is that OP will need to wait and monitor stock (using something like https://buyvmstock.com) as immediate availability is often limited, to say the least.

InceptionHosting (@AnthonySmith) - free DirectAdmin with any UK VPS. Well established provider. Good deals, excellent network - but will most likely need to arrange for management from a 3rd party.

HostDoc (@HostDoc) - free DirectAdmin with any VPS priced at £5/month or more. Newer provider still establishing a reputation - already much appreciated by many an aficionado of the proverbial superior potassium here on LET. Many locations, some on "premium" networks. Panel management most likely not included - generally responsive support available via online chat but probably not going to do too much in the way of extensive hand-holding. EDIT: for some reason I think they may in fact offer managed service options but most likely not in OP's budget for that.

HostEONS (@HostEONS) - free DirectAdmin for many of their VPS offers in New York and Los Angeles. I have a good feeling about this small yet experienced company, at least from what I've seen of them so far. Possible issue for OP is that their offers limit port speed to 100 mbits. Still could be worth a closer look - just guessing that OP might do well to inquire with them about possibilities for "managed control panel" service with a VPS.

who else on LET offers DirectAdmin ...?

EDIT: oh yeah - IntoVPS (@intovps) - an experienced provider offering free DirectAdmin with KVM VPS available in London, Amsterdam, Bucharest, Dallas, Fremont, and ... Cluj-Napoca!

Now ... what options are there for "panel management" service in OP's remaining budget?

and ... um, how shall I put this ... what possible wrinkles might we be neglecting to address with regards to OP's totally legit non-torrenting non-copyright-violating just creating some control panel accounts to share with a few friends use case ...? (A bit more clarification on this might be most welcome at this point @vnsugadev :))

EDIT2:

vnsugadev said: So first I might need around 2TB+ bandwidth. When you say “1Gbps” Port, it’s obviously not guaranteed internet speed. But I would be happy if there were speeds any above 100Mbps, that’s more than enough for my upload/download needs. Also this server is going to be a more of a private server... no not a lot of visitors Maybe 100/day or even 50/day... but I want like few domains hosted maybe say 5... all domains will have basic Wordpress sites running on them... each will have around 10 visitors daily... so you can see that I really don’t need so much bandwidth,.., but each visitor might pull a 1-3GB file of my server.... I am not sure if I should host the files in google drive or my server... but again I’ll think of it..... but honestly a shared server might do good. But again the STORAGE is the factor at the last...

okay, that paints a reasonably detailed picture. Looks like Wordpress installation and maintaining a secure VPS will be the major concerns for OP. And ... what I'm assuming are some sort of Linux ISO downloads or similar 1-3 GB files may or may not be a serious concern for some providers, depending on various random factors (ie, if for any reason they might get complaints about hosting those files, or even just linking to them - they don't want no hassle in their castle!)

Based on all that I would suggest keeping an eye peeled for a $30 or $60 monthly BuyVM KVM "slice" in Luxembourg and take it from there - it might take a while for one to become available so definitely keep exploring other good options and if at all possible try to learn a bit about how to install and secure a VPS with Wordpress in the meantime (basic recipe: keep it simple, know your limitations, measure twice and cut once, all that good stuff. On second thought - yeah, better if you get an experienced sysadmin to help you out if you go the DIY route!)

Welcome to LET @vnsugadev

EDIT3:

Also might note that even with a control panel, keeping a VPS secure requires just a bit of basic wherewithal and a reasonable amount of diligence. At the basic level it may not exactly be rocket surgery but it maybe can seem that way sometimes. So managed service options do seem to make good sense if you know that you don't know what you're doing (which may already be more than many people ever realize about themselves in the first place ... but I digress.)

I'm still trying to understand what the control panel accounts for your friends are all about.

I get that you want the panel for your own use, to install and manage wordpress and the rest of your VPS.

Are the additional accounts intended as a way to manage your visitors' access just for uploading and/or downloading files? If so, keep in mind that there are other ways to set that up (ie other specific applications not necessarily requiring creating new accounts in a control panel as such - though I guess that would be one way to handle setting up FTP accounts or whatever as well.)

Thanked by 2ITLabs Falzo
  • BopieBopie Member

Honestly, I know @uptime mentioned then but KnownHost really is one of the best and in my eyes the best for managed cPanel hosting as they were my go-to, They respond in minutes every time no matter what time of day, Don't believe me go send them a ticket.

You are looking for cheap and managed its simply not that possible as you are paying for support, I could offer you managed hosting however I can't contend with the prices at known host so I simply just recommend them to people.

My Two Cents ..

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • I believe I see some offers a few days ago, managed server for under 5 bucks. Buy it, and ask him to install vesta / hestia / CWP / ispconfig or other free control panel out there and you are good to go.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@vnsugadev said:
    Also this server is going to be a more of a private server... no not a lot of visitors Maybe 100/day or even 50/day... but I want like few domains hosted maybe say 5... all domains will have basic Wordpress sites running on them... each will have around 10 visitors daily...

@vnsugadev said:
    4+ GB ram
    4cores or more

Just to draw a parallel, for one of our customers we maintain a VM running only two low-traffic Wordpress sites just like your use case (~100 visitors day each). It's a basic LEMP stack + Redis on a 1vCPU/2GB RAM (Vultr - $10 plan).

I did a quick load test (loadimpact free, 25VU) and, as you can see, the vCPU usage kept bellow 15% during the test. The important point here is Redis which caches repeating query results reducing server load.

So if you are able to perform the basic wordpress + server stack optimizations, it's unlikely you will use 4 vcores for 5 sites with few visitors/day.

That being said...

@uptime said:
    Looks like Wordpress installation and maintaining a secure VPS will be the major concerns for OP...

@vnsugadev said:
    I am not a real kinda expert in servers and I see what your trying to ask...

I really recommend following uptime's suggestion:

@uptime said:
    On second thought - yeah, better if you get an experienced sysadmin to help you out if you go the DIY route!

OR... besides KnownHost you can also try @Host4Geeks managed VPS with cPanel. They have plans starting at $25.95/m.

As a side note, I know you mentioned being "sick of shared hosts" but I suggest trying BuyShared @Francisco... perhaps you may be surprised at the results.

Keep us posted, good luck!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

Thinking about all this just a bit more ...

On second second thought - do please take some time to consider - carefully - whatever it is exactly that you're trying to do - start slow, shop around a bit, read some of the threads here and whenever possible try to learn something from other people's mistakes. :smiley:

Unless you really want to start spending big money (ie, more than $7 per month) just because it's burning a hole in your pocket and you just gotta jump in at the deep end right now (in which case I'd stick with original suggestion of using https://buyvmstock.com to scope out a BuyVM slice in Luxembourg with DirectAdmin and the lightweight managed service from @Francisco - if that's still something he's doing) ...

As @ITLabs said, you might be surprised to find a decent results from shared hosting. Suggestions for possibilities in addition to BuyShared might be something to get into in more detail in another thread.

One thing to keep in mind is that your semi-private Linux ISO (or whatever) file upload / download deal is ... well, let's call it a bit of a grey area that seems to be a potentially messy business. I'm not a provider or a moderator here so it's easy to leave it at just a wink and a nod as far as I'm concerned, but it does make it a bit awkward to go shopping for service, managed or otherwise - especially when it seems that just maybe you haven't exactly got it all quite figured out yet. (Are you going to leave your files on Google Drive, or ... etc, etc.) And to be clear, this forum is really not the place to get too deep into the gory details of that sort of thing.

That said, if you are let's say a budding hobbyist/enthusiast type rather than a clueless wannabe pirate entrepreneur, then I seriously doubt that many people here are really going to get their panties in a knot over your private file sharing system, if that is indeed what you're putting together with your friends. I do think however that if you get in over your head maybe overspending with some plan of making it all back then that's going to be a somewhat different story, probably best told somewhere else, far far away from this upstanding and ever-so-innocent group of cheap server technology enthusiasts.

Anyway - you've got quite a few decent options to explore here I think.

For example:

If in fact money is no object you could up your budget just a bit and see what managed service and good advice @BharatB might offer for $40, add another $15 (more or quite possibly less) for your dream VPS, and I think that could work out pretty well - eventually you'll be able to handle the basic sysadmin stuff all on your own if it turns out you actually have some aptitude for it - I like to think really it just takes some time and willingness to study and some personal wherewithal to keep up with your due diligence duties. Though it's definitely not for everyone (or even most of the normies, apparently.)

Alternatively:

If you'd rather hold onto your money and figure things out at a more leisurely pace, then you can start learning with a really low budget - let's say less than $7 per month - which is what this forum is really all about. Get a suitable VPS (probably not the 4 core behemoth in your original spec) from one of the recommended providers listed above who are offering that fine fine superfine free DirectAdmin deal - keep it more or less offline until you've got it relatively locked down, and then slowly build it up with your Wordpress and FTP setup - then get another pair of eyes or two on it to evaluate your security - and see how it works out for you.

And check out some of the smaller but excellent shared hosting providers who hang out here - I've been noodling around with a few lately - (I'm a total noob to shared hosting myself so can't really critique the finer points, but...) You might take a look at shared hosting offers from any of these upstanding providers (in addition to BuyShared): ExtraVM (@Mike_A), Smallweb (@Mic-hael), MyW.pt (@MikePT), InceptionHosting (@AnthonySmith), hostens (@hostens), and HostEONS (@HostEONS). Probably a few other decent ones you can find if you look around here a bit - this is just the short list of the ones I've checked out enough to say "their shit is legit."

As long as you're not going crazy blowing up their spot with DMCA reports, asking them to hold your hand and change your diaper or whatever - I think chances are pretty good you'll be able to make a lot of your stuff work just fine with minimal hassle on at least some of these shared hosting setups.

tl;dr: what could possibly go wrong?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@uptime,

Thank you for the recommendation!

We do sell Shared Hosting although we also offer managed services at https://myw.pt/devops
    25€ for the first server and 15€ for the next servers :)
    You can host the server with any provider you would like to.

Thanked by 2uptime ITLabs
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

Alrighty then!

Thank you @MikePT that is good to know ... it makes a low-end budget miracle seem just about do-able with $40, reserving €25 for "managed panel service" and thus leaving just a bit over $10 per month to spend on a fine VPS with "free" DirectAdmin

Looking at current VPS offerings from BuyVM, InceptionHosting, HostDoc, HostEONS, and IntoVPS it seems that @vnsugadev would have to trim their specs down just a bit from that (in my opinion) very ambitious 4 cores / 4 GB ram request.

So now I'm wondering if it would be at least theoretically possible to run DirectAdmin + 5 low-traffic Wordpress sites and I'm guessing also an FTP server from maybe 2 cores / 2 GB ram ...? I really have no idea what's involved.

But I'm just going to go ahead and say "we did it LET!" anyway :smiley:

lulz ... good stuff.

https://myw.pt/devops

Full Server Management
    Our team will manage your server(s) (DirectAdmin/cPanel) in all aspects including but not limited to monthly security scans, server hardening, initial setup and maintenance, installation of third-party plugins. Your server(s) will be monitored 24/7.
    25€ per month/server

EDIT2:

welp - looks like @HostDoc currently has some crazy flash deals with 4 vcores and 4 or more GB of ram in several locations including USA, Canada, and Finland, all below £5 monthly (I think would have to just pony up a total of £5 per month to get the free DirectAdmin, assuming that's copacetic with the flash deal.) And I'm expecting the 4 vcores are not dedicated but rather fair share so will need to take some precautions to avoid over-using them ... Would just suggest to consult carefully with the good doctor ahead of time and everything should be groovy. https://hostdochost.i.ng/pricing/ Be aware that there are generally no refunds offered on the doc's flash deals, so you pays your money and you takes your chances with this one. Recommended, but do be sure to handle your business carefully and with all due respect for the doctor's other patients on a shared node.

And ... InceptionHosting may have a 4 vcore / 4 GB ram SSD-cached KVM deal available in the UK for €10 monthly (check for discounts - I see a 10% off coupon on the website, maybe also check any recent offer threads from @AnthonySmith on LET). For proven reliability, I would be favorably inclined to go with this one, if available and confirmed to be generally suitable for this type of project. https://inceptionhosting.com/vpsukkvm.html

Next up in terms of closest match to requested specs for $10 seems to be @HostEONS - see https://hosteons.com/vps.php but also check on LET for possible discount codes - I'm sure I've seen some in a recent offer thread here. Anyway, at standard advertised pricing I see 2 shared vcores with 4 GB ram for $10 monthly available in Los Angeles and New York. I've been impressed with @HostEONS very responsive and even proactive support so would strongly recommend checking their deals out carefully, regardless of any arbitrary difference in specs for the price.

IntoVPS looks good as well - and I hear their cores are strong on plow - though it looks like would have to work with just 1 core for their 4 GB ram VPS at $10 per month. https://intovps.com/plans.html

And finally we have BuyVM. No discounts, but a single (dedicated) vcore with 4 GB ram for $15 per month, and (probably) no stock currently available. Because they're just that good. Highly recommended anyway ... specifically with regards to their Luxembourg location. Maybe something to keep an eye on for future reference. https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices/

Thanked by 3Ympker ITLabs MikePT
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@uptime said:
    Alrighty then!

Thank you @MikePT that is good to know ... it makes a low-end budget miracle seem just about do-able as that would leave a bit over $10 per month left for a VPS with DirectAdmin

Looking at current VPS offerings from BuyVM, InceptionHosting, HostDoc, HostEONS, and IntoVPS it seems that @vnsugadev would have to trim their specs down just a bit from that (in my opinion) very ambitious 4 cores / 4 GB ram request.

So now I'm wondering if it would be at least theoretically possible to run DirectAdmin + 5 low-traffic Wordpress sites and I'm guessing also an FTP server from maybe 2 cores / 2 GB ram ...? I really have no idea what's involved.

lulz ... good stuff.

Full Server Management
    Our team will manage your server(s) (DirectAdmin/cPanel) in all aspects including but > not limited to monthly security scans, server hardening, initial setup and maintenance, installation of third-party plugins. Your server(s) will be monitored 24/7.
    25€ per month/server

At least with ISPConfig or HestiaCP I think 2 Cores/2GB should be sufficient for 5 low-traffic WP sites and ftp. I can't see why DA wouldn't be able to pull this off, too. After all DA is said to be very light-weigth as well ;)

Truth be told I have hosted like 10-15 low-traffic WP sites on a 2GB RAM Time4VPS VPS once.

Thanked by 3uptime ITLabs MikePT

@uptime,

Well if the OP is like some clients of ours running WP with 60+ plugins... We are good but cant make miracles happen :p.
    Most managed service clients are actually Providers, we handle the technical stuff so they can focus on sales.

Thanked by 1uptime

@Ympker said:

@uptime said:
    Alrighty then!

Thank you @MikePT that is good to know ... it makes a low-end budget miracle seem just about do-able as that would leave a bit over $10 per month left for a VPS with DirectAdmin

lulz ... good stuff.

Full Server Management
    Our team will manage your server(s) (DirectAdmin/cPanel) in all aspects including but > not limited to monthly security scans, server hardening, initial setup and maintenance, installation of third-party plugins. Your server(s) will be monitored 24/7.
    25€ per month/server

At least with ISPConfig or HestiaCP I think 2 Cores/2GB should be sufficient for 5 low-traffic WP sites and ftp. I can't see why DA wouldn't be able to pull this off, too. After all DA is said to be very light-weigth as well ;)

Truth be told I have hosted like 10-15 low-traffic WP sites on a 2GB RAM Time4VPS VPS once.

Its doable. Even a single high traffic website with the right setup. Granted, clients must be willing to understand that there are technical limitations. Experience teached me that high paying clients complain less than cheapo clients.

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime Ympker
  • uptimeuptime Member

from some further PM correspondence with OP ...

they like the LET offers very much and just might like to buy them all.

and I suppose I can relate to that ... up to a point.

Thanked by 3ITLabs MikePT level6
  • If you want some one to manage this for you then why does it have to be CPanel?

When you get a managed service, you usually do not have access to it. That is the point of having some one do it for you, so you don't have to do it. I do not know any sysadmin, or managing company that is going to let you frog around the system and potentially mess something up, especially cheaply. The more they have to work the less they make, and if they are not making anything, or close to it, then they have no incentives.

Sorry to be kind of harsh, but it is the truth.

Thanked by 2uptime bugrakoc