Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode Openstack Cloud Launched - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode Openstack Cloud Launched

13»

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@sharkgan said:
    Ramnode's stable service provider does not need the complicated and cumbersome Openstack Cloud.
    He doesn't seem to have Centos6.x, and the operation is complicated. I was defeated by it and gave up buying.

I just want to buy it very simply through whmcs and use it.
    It seems that it is no longer possible to purchase products through whmcs?

CentOS 6 will be EOL soon. Just go for CentOS 7. :)

• MikePT said: CentOS 6即将推出EOL。只需去CentOS 7。

Interestingly, the production software only supports centos6.x, I think it will support Centos7.x in the future.
    Centos 6.x is now available for a while and it hasn't died yet.
    I think it would be a bit too quick to cancel the installation options for Centos6.x.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@sharkgan said:
    Ramnode's stable service provider does not need the complicated and cumbersome Openstack Cloud.
    He doesn't seem to have Centos6.x, and the operation is complicated. I was defeated by it and gave up buying.

I just want to buy it very simply through whmcs and use it.
    It seems that it is no longer possible to purchase products through whmcs?

The new system is really better in every way. OpenStack may be complicated on the backend, but the interface we've provided is straightforward in terms of launching a VPS.

We're here to help if you're stuck on something. You can order an OpenVZ VPS with CentOS 6 from our home page if you don't want to use KVM Cloud - https://ramnode.com/#pricing click the VZ tab.

Thanked by 1sharkgan

Also, you can upload a CentOS 6 ISO in the cloud panel and launch from that if you want.

Thanked by 1sharkgan
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Nick_A Any details on like caching or i/o caps for the storage plans?

Just had many RAID 5/50 or 6/60 storage VPS' over the years and there's always a tipping point where they become essentially unusable.

@Harambe said:
    @Nick_A Any details on like caching or i/o caps for the storage plans?

Just had many RAID 5/50 or 6/60 storage VPS' over the years and there's always a tipping point where they become essentially unusable.

No caching or I/O caps currently. These are pretty beefy nodes, but we'll keep a close eye on them as they fill up.

• I have 2GB HDD VPS and so far it's been rock solid. Performance has been really good, speed good. No complaints here.

Thanked by 1Nick_A

MPG said: I have 2GB HDD VPS and so far it's been rock solid. Performance has been really good, speed good. No complaints here.

Thank you! Which location? Just curious.

• ATL

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Going to rebuild it as I made a mistake in my webapp deployment. :-) But since I went live been treating me well. I'll definitely be deploying more here as other contracts wind down.

Thanked by 1Nick_A