Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is all The insane deals? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is all The insane deals?

13»

Comments

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: People need to be more creative, but it's hard when you're on a near 100% rented infrastructure.

Unfortunately, that is how it is going to be for those who are not from the developed countries.

Uptime is the most important factor for any provider. If they can do it with rented hardware, they have to be satisfied with that.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@Janevski said:
    Anyhow, i blame ipv4 and it's lack thereof.

I blame cPanel. Let f*ck this cPanel with my shit comment.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • willie said: I don't remember Wishosting ever doing that. They offer unlimited cpu plans that are fair share on shared cores. The high priced cloud services have dedicated cores but they are not in the LET price segment. The smaller BuyVM slice plans are actually fear inducing (why would I want to be stuck on 1/8th of a core) but they work pretty well in practice.

You're not stuck to 1/8th of a core, that's your maximum average lol.... which is decent lol, considering that a lot of people here just host a wordpress site, with hhvm/good-php-caches and the correct optimizations, you could pack a millions of page requests into 1/8th of newer xeons lol

• williewillie Member

duckeeyuck said: You're not stuck to 1/8th of a core, that's your maximum average lol....

Yes I know, but it's really the guaranteed amount, as in "up to" 1 core. Usually "up to" is bad news but with the slices you really do get 1 core at least in bursts. I got throttled once after using the core for 1/2 hour or so, had to reboot to unthrottle, but it's ok. I just make more of a point of using a dedi when I have a big computation to do.

duckeeyuck said: you could pack a millions of page requests into 1/8th of newer xeons

They will keep bloating up the application frameworks til you need 32 cores to serve a single page, heh. Anyway some of us aren't that into serving web pages, and want to use computers for actual computing.

Thanked by 1captainwasabi
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@emgh banned ?

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@Clouvider said:
    @emgh banned ?

Yeah, he got banned for his repeated HostMantis rants:

Really it is getting old with seeing the same crap! So @emgh got banned for being a dick. It is like a CD on repeat over and over

Thanked by 1Clouvider