Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is all The insane deals?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where is all The insane deals?

LearntoliveLearntolive Member
edited July 2019 in General

Back on the day when I was coming to lowendtalk it was crazy, like candy shop everywhere 12€/year deals about vps etc. I know its not BF but providers give us some @oldschool crazy deals!

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

I see some good deals on the first two pages of the offer section. There has been worse times.

Thanked by 1mrTom
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2019

CPanel killed summerhost, sorry. No insane deals in 2019. It's gonna take few months for kids to understand their new licensing structure. By then, they need to go back to school.

Then they will need to learn how to work with DA. We already have "How do I install DA" threads on LET.

In short, too much work.

• uptimeuptime Member

Joined March 22

I am confuse.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@uptime said:

Joined March 22

I am confuse.

Second account?

Thanked by 2uptime RedSox
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@uptime said:

Joined March 22

I am confuse.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

every body is busy building a panel full of feature to beat cpanel

Thanked by 2vimalware mustafamw3
  • lazytlazyt Member

@agentmishra said:
    every body is busy building a panel full of feature to beat cpanel

We wish very much it be so.

• uptimeuptime Member

angstrom said: Second account?

I'm guessing seventh, but what do I know.

I'm new here.

• @uptime said:

Joined March 22

I am confuse.

You check lowendtalk deals without account, cociu sister and so on

Thanked by 2uptime failhostings
  • uptimeuptime Member

Learntolive said: check lowendtalk deals without account

indeed, indubitably.

I am enlighten.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Let's face it. We are all waiting Franpanel.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@deank said:
    Let's face it. We are all waiting Franpanel.

1. fPanel
    2. FRANP
    3. FrP
    4. fap
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Insane outside BF? how is that even possible, when we considered the last BF as shit.
    Enlighten me.

Thanked by 1vish
  • @Neoon said:
    Insane outside BF? how is that even possible, when we considered the last BF as shit.
    Enlighten me.

Yeah last bf was fucking ja, providers need to raise the bar for cheepo deals

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hey

We still have our insane deal for shared/reseller hosting, 50OFF recurring for all plans in our website :|

I'm mad at you now.

It's INSANE!

Thanked by 1skorous
  • donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

Insane deals? They're on Low End Box.

( Get your 200GB Unlimited Shared & Reseller cPanel accounts for $19/year, while they're still in business).

Thanked by 2RedSox cece
  • donli said: Get your 200GB Unlimited Shared

MegaZone?

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@skorous said:

donli said: Get your 200GB Unlimited Shared

MegaZone?

Another of the CC hellspawns - DCNHost.

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

Edit: Oops, just re-read and OP stated he knows it's not BF, my bad :joy:

• There's literally 1 euro KVM deals what do you want more? Well except shared since cPanel feeled the need to nutt

• williewillie Member

Learntolive said: Back on the day when I was coming to lowendtalk it was crazy, like candy shop everywhere 12€/year deals about vps etc.

It's better now than it has ever been, except maybe for very low priced annual plans (12€/year etc) because of ipv4 depletion. Even those aren't really gone, and you get more resources than you used to. Or for 20€/year you get a heck of a lot more. Remember when BuyVM's $15/y plan knocked everyone out? It was a 128MB OpenVZ. Who buys anything like that now? And don't get me started on storage: everybody now has a $5/TB plan, which was insane less than a year ago.

If you want a super cheap very basic VPS, NAT is the way to go. It deserved to get more traction than it did but it is still around, with several providers and lots of locations.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

willie said: Remember when BuyVM's $15/y plan knocked everyone out? It was a 128MB OpenVZ. Who buys anything like that now? And don't get me started on storage: everybody now has a $5/TB plan, which was insane less than a year ago.

It's more not a lot of people are coming up with their own ideas.

Both of those things are originally BuyVM's marketing. The idea of slices and dedicated resources too. Now everyones on that band wagon :P

People need to be more creative, but it's hard when you're on a near 100% rented infrastructure.

Francisco

Thanked by 2DA_Mark coreflux
  • williewillie Member

Francisco said: Both of those things are originally BuyVM's marketing.

Yep. IIRC BuyVM was also the first to have SSD-cached OpenVZ and that saved low end hosting for a while (it's less important now that everything is pure SSD due to SSD costs dropping).

The main new idea at the super low end is LES-style NAT, which I was really into for a while, but it didn't really catch on.

I'd like to see cheap Imgur-like static file hosting and have a request thread open for it. I don't know of any LET host offering it. I think it has to be static to prevent some XSS and cookie theft attacks.

Another idea, maybe impractical for LET: register an ICANN TLD and sell super cheap random domains on it, like pay $1/year and get assigned tDrqqB29.random or whatever (you don't get to pick it yourself). Adds some minor amount of privacy, keeps stuff cheap, kills domain squatting.

Maybe some Heroku-like app hosting? Serverless, which seems to be the current incarnation of old-school cgi? Pushbutton blogs with spam filtering all set up already?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • emghemgh Member

willie said: everything is pure SSD

NVME!

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Tonight only -- https://clients.ionswitch.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=13 [Code 2019-JULY12-VPS512] 512mb ram, kvm, 1 core, $12.50

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@willie said:
    Another idea, maybe impractical for LET: register an ICANN TLD and sell super cheap random domains on it, like pay $1/year and get assigned tDrqqB29.random or whatever (you don't get to pick it yourself). Adds some minor amount of privacy, keeps stuff cheap, kills domain squatting.

You can always go with Freenom .TK / .ML / .GA / .CF / .GQ free domains, no?

• @ITLabs said:

@willie said:

You can always go with Freenom .TK / .ML / .GA / .CF / .GQ free domains, no?

Isn't there a risk of being put into a pigeonhole? The moment your domain gets significant traffic, you must begin paying for it? I could be wrong, but I thought that was the basis of the Freenom strategy.

Thanked by 2ITLabs emgh
  • williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

I got hosed on a .tk a long time ago. Anything free is just suspicious: they want their hand in your pants in one way or another. I'd rather just pay money directly. It feels cleaner that way.

Thanked by 2ITLabs vimalware
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

willie said: The main new idea at the super low end is LES-style NAT, which I was really into for a while, but it didn't really catch on.

KVM NAT with IPv6 (or even IPv6 only without NAT) could be a thing - ala @Neoon's nanoKVM and @MasonR's FreeMach.

Also have @exception0x876's KVM NAT storage as an example of a viable paid KVM NAT. And @HostDoc does an IPv6-only storage KVM as well.

I'd like to see cheap Imgur-like static file hosting and have a request thread open for it. I don't know of any LET host offering it. I think it has to be static to prevent some XSS and cookie theft attacks.

@willie I remember you posted about the https://1mb.site/ project - would be cool to see some more in that area

ITLabs said: You can always go with Freenom .TK / .ML / .GA / .CF / .GQ free domains, no?

would not recommend for anything beyond a temporary test domain - Freenom is notorious for yanking their free domains out from underneath people making use of them.