Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free DirectAdmin. $5 VPS: 2GB RAM, 20GB SSD, Dallas, Amsterdam, London, Fremont, Bucharest
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free DirectAdmin. $5 VPS: 2GB RAM, 20GB SSD, Dallas, Amsterdam, London, Fremont, Bucharest

intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

We are now including a DirectAdmin license for free with each VPS. Including with the $5 base package.

This is valid for the lifetime of the VPS, not a one time promo.

Our packages are based on:

• KVM
  • OpenStack cloud with 5 regions (6th region, Cluj, coming soon)
  • real 24/7 phone and email support. Level 1 is covered by 4+1 guys working 12h-on/24h-off followed by another 12h-on/24h-off with 20 days yearly vacation. No outsourced support. We consider this to be core business.
  • we own all the hardware we're using and collocate in top-notch data centers
  • we operate our own AS and are RIPE and ARIN members
  • Fleio control panel developed by sister company

M2 packge includes:

• 2GB RAM
  • 20GB SSD storage
  • 1TB taraffic
  • 1 vCPU core
  • 1 IPv4
  • KVM virtualization
  • Free DirectAdmin license included

For 5$ / month or 0.0075$ / hour

DirectAdmin license activation requires VPS paid for full month, not hourly.

Full pricing list: https://intovps.com/all-plans.html

Available options:

• packages from 2GB RAM to 64GB RAM
  • cPanel/WHM license 13$ / month
  • extra IPv4 $1 / month
  • Windows license +60% of the VPS package price
  • servers in Bucharest, Amsterdam, Londra, Dallas and Fremont

Compute nodes specs

• Intel Xeon E5-2640v4 CPU
  • 64GB, 128GB or 256GB RAM
  • 4 x 1TB SSDs
  • RAID10
  • 1Gbps uplink

Why choose IntoVPS

• We've been in the hosting business since 2004 selling hosting on elvsoft.com. Elvsoft has was renamed to Hosterion in November 2016. IntoVPS, our unmanaged VPS brand, was launched in June 2009.
  • Hosterion is a Google Cloud Platform partner, Microsoft Certified Partner with the Hosting Competency, RIPE and ARIN member
  • We have support staff working in 3 shifts, 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
  • 99.9% uptime guaranteed.
  • Self-service instant automated deployment. All VPS packages are automatically deployed. Are you tired of waiting hours or even days for a VPS to be set up? Order now and your VPS is ready to be used in about 60 seconds!
  • No overloaded servers.
  • we offer additional IP v4 addresses for your VPS
  • Fast & free OS reload: Reload your VPS operating system any time you want. It usually takes less than 10 seconds and, of course, we don't charge for it.

Looking for managed VPS? See https://hosterion.com

Comments

• Somewhat offtopic but I just realised you're the same company that runs https://intodns.com. I love that site! Very useful.

• JonesJones Member

M2 packge includes:

2GB RAM
    20GB SSD storage
    1TB taraffic
    1 vCPU core
    1 IPv4
    KVM virtualization
    Free DirectAdmin license included

When it's two CPUs, I'll place an order.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • When it's two CPUs, I'll place an order too.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@Daniel15 said:
    Somewhat offtopic but I just realised you're the same company that runs https://intodns.com. I love that site! Very useful.

Yup, that's us :)

Thanked by 1eva2000

@Jones said:

M2 packge includes:

2GB RAM
    20GB SSD storage
    1TB taraffic
    1 vCPU core
    1 IPv4
    KVM virtualization

@cybertech said:
    When it's two CPUs, I'll place an order too.

As you know, we can do that right now.

But those are shared cores and that will overload the servers, making those two cores worth about the same like 1 core.

Another reason is that we have disabled Hyperthreading on all our servers to mitigate the Intel Xeon vulnerabilities. We're also running the latest kernel. Just best security practice in any multi-tenant environment. I hope other hosters have disabled HT, as well.

Improved security lost us about 30% of compute power.

Thanked by 1fpmagic
  • JonesJones Member

@intovps said:

@Jones said:

M2 packge includes:

2GB RAM
    20GB SSD storage
    1TB taraffic
    1 vCPU core
    1 IPv4
    KVM virtualization

@cybertech said:
    When it's two CPUs, I'll place an order too.

But those are shared cores and that will overload the servers, making those two cores worth about the same like 1 core.

Another reason is that we have disabled Hyperthreading on all our servers to mitigate the Intel Xeon vulnerabilities. We're also running the latest kernel. Just best security practice in any multi-tenant environment. I hope other hosters have disabled HT, as well.

So, will you add new specifications? Then give the corresponding purchase connection?

• what is this? sloppy - configure your order system properly (first instance is not 10.00)!

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

Good plans, pricing, and from reputable company. But I have no use to add more server at the moment. Good luck!

Thanked by 1intovps
  • @seoworld said:
    what is this? sloppy - configure your order system properly (first instance is not 10.00)!

Read their FAQ

edited July 2019

@seoworld said:
    what is this? sloppy - configure your order system properly (first instance is not 10.00)!

By default you have to add a minimum of $10 credit. If you want to add just $5, place an order and PM me to modify the invoice.

The first package is $5 / mo, the $10 credit would last for two months.

• fpmagicfpmagic Member
    edited July 2019

GCP partner interesting, do any of your facilities have https://cloud.google.com/interconnect/docs/concepts/dedicated-overview

Great offering and kudos on paying attention by disabling HT and not trying to disguise a shared core as some type of redefined dedicated bullshit so common on here.

@fpmagic said:
    GCP partner interesting, do any of your facilities have https://cloud.google.com/interconnect/docs/concepts/dedicated-overview

Great offering and kudos on paying attention by disabling HT and not trying to disguise a shared core as some type of redefined dedicated bullshit so common on here.

We're just a Google G Suite reseller: https://hosterion.ro/gsuite

Interesting stuff GCP Dedicated Interconnect, I'll have a look.

• williewillie Member

Nice, another hourly provider, and with openstack in some hard to get locations. Not buying more idlers right now but good to know about.

Thanked by 1intovps
  • @intovps said:

I've been using your services from 2011.

I think with recent additions of big players you can't simply offer the similar looking specs at the higher price. You can do that but don't expect someone from here would prefer you.

I'm not sure who cares about your lost computer power except yourself?

Thanked by 1intovps
  • @intovps said:

@seoworld said:

By default you have to add a minimum of $10 credit. If you want to add just $5, place an order and PM me to modify the invoice.

The first package is $5 / mo, the $10 credit would last for two months.

OK, thanks for info.

An offer should be clearly understandable and complete. Demand should not be required. If you want to come in biz you have to do so.

@Jones said:
    So, will you add new specifications? Then give the corresponding purchase connection?

No, I'm just saying that not all vCPU cores are born equal. Same as not always each +X number (storage, RAM, vCPU etc.) makes a hosting service better.

We prefer to not throw around cores and make sure customers actually have a stable service and more compute power, even if it looks otherwise.

• fpmagicfpmagic Member
    edited July 2019

@alexvolk said:

@intovps said:

I think with recent additions of big players you can't simply offer the similar looking specs at the higher price. You can do that but don't expect someone from here would prefer you.

What big players? As far as I can see this offer is competitive with Linode, DigitalOcean, Vultr, Lightsail, Ramnode etc.. I can't think of many established/reliable bigger players than these, of course you have your shitster OpenVZ 500+ guests per node hosts and those that throw SolusVM/WHMCS up on Hetzner/OVH and call themselves a host..

As for cores, you can have 8 if you want, your workloads will be multiplexed onto the same underlying cores, Linode at one time gave you 8 cores with their cheapest package, then realized it was a silly gimmick to play. I would like to see greater definition of vCPU but I don't see a particular problem with this offering, it's a honest..

Thanked by 1intovps

@alexvolk said:

Thank you for your business.

I guess anyone would care if the server drags or even freezes.

But I know what you mean.

Since we have some AMD EPYC-s on the way, we might reconsinder this. :)

• fpmagicfpmagic Member
    edited July 2019

Certainly a lot of people. It was very real talking point for those doing horizontal scaling on the clouds, see HackerNews discussions...

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2019

So is 1 intovps vCPU = 1 physical core?

Will it have equal compute power of 2 x threads?

Because I'm down if it's a full core power ( 2 x threads)

• fpmagicfpmagic Member
    edited July 2019

@cybertech said:
    So is 1 intovps vCPU = 1 physical core?

Will it have equal compute power of 2 x threads?

Because I'm down if it's a full core power ( 2 x threads)

No, your guest is exposed 1 vCPU, your workloads will be scheduled on a underlying core, competing for other guests for CPU time. Since most workloads are not CPU bound and the hypervisor will have some fairness algorithm when there is contention this pattern works well (as used by Linode, DO, Vultr, EC2 on T[1,2,3] instances).. but if your workloads are strictly CPU bound and you require a lower bound of CPU performance then you need to look at dedicated instances (DO and Linode offer them, anything on EC2 that isn't a T series etc..)

Thanked by 1intovps
  • williewillie Member

alexvolk said: You can do that but don't expect someone from here would prefer you.

Other things equal I prefer dealing with LET hosts to dealing with giant evil corporations. Also some nice locations are being offered, and the $5 2GB plan beats DO/Vultr/Linode/etc's plan by a lot. It's more expensive than Hetzner's but has more locations and features. I'm not sure how OVH's Public Cloud Sandbox plan (vps-ssd-1 under their public cloud umbrella) compares, but again, limited locations.

Thanked by 1captainwasabi
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2019

Oh Lord... @IntoVPs...
    I don't know how many times your IntoDNS service helped me solve DNS problems in my early hobbyist days. I even bought a VPS from you many, many moons ago as a small "thank you" for that service back in 2010/2011. Was a good one. IntoVPS are absolutely no beginners or amateurs in the hosting game, a solid long-standing company. All the best for you guys @intovps!

• @fpmagic said:
    What big players? As far as I can see this offer is competitive with Linode, DigitalOcean, Vultr, Lightsail, Ramnode etc.. I can't think of many established/reliable bigger players than these, of course you have your shitster OpenVZ 500+ guests per node hosts and those that throw SolusVM/WHMCS up on Hetzner/OVH and call themselves a host..

OVH, Hetzner, Scaleway?

Yes, I have shitster Virmach OpenVZ $1/year which just works.

@intovps said:
    But I know what you mean.

Since we have some AMD EPYC-s on the way, we might reconsinder this. :)

Sounds good, any plans to increase traffic as well?

@cybertech, it's not a dedicated physical CPU core.

Just checked our latest server purchases and realized we actually deploy newer and better servers then the one in the first post:

Intel® Xeon® E-2136 Processor

So, before we disabled Hyper-Threading this would give you 12 vCPU, as seen by KVM.

Now, with HT disabled this gives 6 vCPU.

Obviously, these are shared cores so the, 1 vCPU that you get is also used by other neighbors.

The vCPU is not mapped on a HT thread anymore.

But it's the same number of VPS'es per server so you actually get less compute power when dividing it to running VPS'es.

In our observations we lost about 30% of compute power by disabling Hyper-Threading.

But we had no choice, you can't be in production with an exploitable vulnerability that can get one VPS owner into another customer's VPS.

Thanked by 2eva2000 vimalware

@cybertech to clarify: you see 1 (v)CPU in your VPS, same as before disabling HT.

@Amitz said:
    Oh Lord... @IntoVPs...
    I don't know how many times your IntoDNS service helped me solve DNS problems in my early hobbyist days. I even bought a VPS from you many, many moons ago as a small "thank you" for that service back in 2010/2011. Was a good one. IntoVPS are absolutely no beginners or amateurs in the hosting game, a solid long-standing company. All the best for you guys @intovps!

• @intovps thanks for explanation. Seems worth a try. $10 no big deal. Will be back after skipping 10 lunches

Thanked by 1intovps
    edited July 2019

@cybertech said:
    Sounds good, any plans to increase traffic as well?

That's something we might do. I'm curious, are you actually doing more than 1TB/2TB or just want to be on the same side?

edited July 2019

@cybertech said:
    @intovps thanks for explanation. Seems worth a try. $10 no big deal. Will be back after skipping 10 lunches

haha

I'm going to take a quick nap now, big match coming in less than two hours: https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2019-07-12/head_to_head_serena_and_simona.html

But keep those orders coming :smiley:, Catalin is on duty, so you can also contact support.

If you have more questions here, keep them coming, I'll be back later.