Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you like to see Hetzner offer cheap DirectAdmin licenses? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you like to see Hetzner offer cheap DirectAdmin licenses?

Comments

• xaocxaoc Member

@donli said:

@xaoc said:
    Hell yeah... but also the second choice! Could we also get one of those perfume samples in the mail with every license?

If you want a perfume sample with your VPS you have to go with cociu not Hetzner.

Oh, i was referring to a @emgh sample. wink> @emgh said:

@xaoc said:

@donli said:

@xaoc said:
    Hell yeah... but also the second choice! Could we also get one of those perfume samples in the mail with every license?

If you want a perfume sample with your VPS you have to go with cociu not Hetzner.

Oh, i was referring to a @emgh sample. wink

Here you go. https://liquidmoney.com/products/his-money.

Please explain your presence on LET if you're using such expensive perfume! The most i was hoping for was laundry soap.. giggles

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Lee said:

MikePT said: Yeah, you may.

Pretty dodgy to be honest, but oh well.

You are paying 5 USD per license, this isnt the free license / bulk license.

• LeeLee Veteran

MikePT said: You are paying 5 USD per license, this isnt the free license / bulk license.

I get that, it's the Hetzner part. Reselling an end-user product like Hetzner cloud. But anyway, it's your gig.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Lee said: I get that, it's the Hetzner part. Reselling an end-user product like Hetzner cloud. But anyway, it's your gig.

Ahh, that part, you're completely right. Just thinking if it'll be worth to offer VPS'es. :-)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

xaoc said: Please explain your presence on LET if you're using such expensive perfume! The most i was hoping for was laundry soap.. giggles

I spend half of my income on perfume. Rest goes to idle.

• xaocxaoc Member

@emgh said:

xaoc said: Please explain your presence on LET if you're using such expensive perfume! The most i was hoping for was laundry soap.. giggles

I bet 100% would go to idle if Hetzner started offering free DA with their VMs.

• emghemgh Member

@xaoc said:

@emgh said:

Yes, but then again someone mentioned they spell "CentOS" "Centos" a LONG while ago and they said they are fixing it and it still isn't and I sent them a mail like a week ago stating the issue and still - no fix. It seems like their internal communications sucks. Bad. I think this feature request will get lost too.

• lemme uhhh get a DA license

• xaocxaoc Member

@emgh said:

@xaoc said:

@emgh said:

Yes, but then again someone mentioned they spell "CentOS" "Centos" a LONG while ago and they said they are fixing it and it still isn't and I sent them a mail like a week ago stating the issue and still - no fix. It seems like their internal communications sucks. Bad. I think this feature request will get lost too.

Yea but this thing could actually bring in some customers and a lot of them by the looks of it, plenty of resellers are looking for a new home right now.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited July 2019

@xaoc said:

@emgh said:

@xaoc said:

@emgh said:

Yea but this thing could actually bring in some customers and a lot of them by the looks of it, plenty of resellers are looking for a new home right now.

They added Debian 10 nearly directly though and that's not directly client generating. I just think their internal communication suck badly.

• xaocxaoc Member

@emgh said:

@xaoc said:

@emgh said:

@xaoc said:

@emgh said:

They added Debian 10 nearly directly though and that's not directly client generating. I just think their internal communication suck badly.

Who knows, maybe they just don't like CentOS the way they do Debian. :D

Thanked by 3emgh vimalware uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

CentÖS

• If Hetzner adds option for Control Panel for their Cloud platform. I am sold.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

emgh said: Yes, but then again someone mentioned they spell "CentOS" "Centos" a LONG while ago and they said they are fixing it and it still isn't and I sent them a mail like a week ago stating the issue and still - no fix. It seems like their internal communications sucks. Bad. I think this feature request will get lost too.

We must have missed this tip about CentOS. We're trying to forward every request or hint we receive through social media to our team. Everyday, we're reading not only the threads on LET but also on many other platforms so it sometimes happens that some infos fall through the cracks :wink: Anyway, thank you for your feedback. Our Cloud team has definitely seen this conversation here. We're working on changing the image description now. Regarding DirectAdmin licenses, we're not planning on offering them at the moment.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

No.

Yes - for what? more summer hosts?

• donlidonli Member

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Everyday, we're reading not only the threads on LET but also on many other platforms

I thought we were special!

• LeviLevi Member

@donli said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Everyday, we're reading not only the threads on LET but also on many other platforms

Yea, pathological cheapskates are important.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@donli said:

Thanked by 2donli vimalware
  • emghemgh Member

@Hetzner_OL said:

emgh said: Yes, but then again someone mentioned they spell "CentOS" "Centos" a LONG while ago and they said they are fixing it and it still isn't and I sent them a mail like a week ago stating the issue and still - no fix. It seems like their internal communications sucks. Bad. I think this feature request will get lost too.

We must have missed this tip about CentOS. We're trying to forward every request or hint we receive through social media to our team. Everyday, we're reading not only the threads on LET but also on many other platforms so it sometimes happens that some infos fall through the cracks :wink: Anyway, thank you for your feedback. Our Cloud team has definitely seen this conversation here. We're working on changing the image description now. Regarding DirectAdmin licenses, we're not planning on offering them at the moment.

Still says Centos though. Also, while we're at it, you keep adding great festures such as private networking and extra bonuses, but where is the top-up?

I manage a company and each invoice costs me time and money for a bookkeeper and such. It's cheaper for me to use a much more expensive host that allows me to pay yearly. Literally every other cloud provider has a top-up function. Your trandaction fees should also descrease. Win-win. Do it.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

emgh said: Still says Centos though.

We've enrolled the update now :smile: Plus, I have forwarded your request for yearly payment to our billing department as they are responsible for generating invoices. At the moment, we only offer monthly invoices. This is because we charge our Cloud servers hourly and according to usage. With this postpaid billing method we can't combine yearly payments. However, as with everything, this is not set in stone. We're open to implement the wishes of our customers, if we see enough demand.
    --Julia, Marketing

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • williewillie Member

Julia, by top-up I think Emgh was asking to deposit a payment in advance with you, so that the monthly charges or invoices would be subtracted from the credit balance. I was able to get that for my dedi by opening a billing ticket but I don't know if it is ok for cloud servers. I know that Vultr does this. I think their minimum payment is 5 USD, so if you use less than that in a month you are left with a credit balance, and you can pay a larger amount if you want.

I do like that kind of option because credit cards are another point of failure: a card charge can get declined unexpectedly and then your server payment is late and you have to run around dealing with it. I probably don't to pay a whole year unless there is a discount, but it's nice to be a month or two ahead of the invoices.

Thanked by 3ITLabs emgh vimalware
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Hetzner_OL said: We're open to implement the wishes of our customers, if we see enough demand.

Directadmin licenses. I demand it. This is "enough" in my small world. :smile:

Thanked by 3Ympker uptime ITLabs
  • emghemgh Member

@Hetzner_OL said:

emgh said: Still says Centos though.

We've enrolled the update now :smile: Plus, I have forwarded your request for yearly payment to our billing department as they are responsible for generating invoices. At the moment, we only offer monthly invoices. This is because we charge our Cloud servers hourly and according to usage. With this postpaid billing method we can't combine yearly payments. However, as with everything, this is not set in stone. We're open to implement the wishes of our customers, if we see enough demand.
    --Julia, Marketing

I didn't mean that, I meant what @willie said above. Digital ocean has this, Vultr has this, Linode has this. Everyone has this. It's a requirement for me when choosing a cloud provider.

Such feature shouln't need that much backing, it's essential and lots of people will take use of it, also, it's a feature that everyone but you have.

Also, @willie, for me it's even worse then that. My card rejects their attempts so I have to manually pay that 2 euro invoice every month and declare the invoice. Takes like 30 solid minutes. This makes Hetzner impossible for me to use.

• emghemgh Member

@willie said:
    Julia, by top-up I think Emgh was asking to deposit a payment in advance with you, so that the monthly charges or invoices would be subtracted from the credit balance. I was able to get that for my dedi by opening a billing ticket but I don't know if it is ok for cloud servers. I know that Vultr does this. I think their minimum payment is 5 USD, so if you use less than that in a month you are left with a credit balance, and you can pay a larger amount if you want.

I do like that kind of option because credit cards are another point of failure: a card charge can get declined unexpectedly and then your server payment is late and you have to run around dealing with it. I probably don't to pay a whole year unless there is a discount, but it's nice to be a month or two ahead of the invoices.

I know you can pay money to their bank account, but it's so far from user friendly and I have no idea if you even get an invoice, if you don't, it's impossible to declare either way - also their bank details isn't even showed where the credit tab is - it's also not clear if the cloud useage will take use of that credit. @Hetzner_OL.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2019

@emgh I think you should just open a billing ticket asking if you can deposit an XX euro credit for your cloud services. As mentioned, I was able to do that with my dedi once. There is no button for it but it seems to be a routine thing they can handle through tickets. They just issue an invoice for the amount you request and you can pay by card or whatever. They told me about it when I opened a ticket saying my card expiration was coming up and I wanted to make arrangements in case the card hit a snag that month. I guess it is similar to the Add Funds feature of WHMCS.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

@willie said:
    @emgh I think you should just open a billing ticket asking if you can deposit an XX euro credit for your cloud services. As mentioned, I was able to do that with my dedi once. There is no button for it but it seems to be a routine thing they can handle through tickets. They just issue an invoice for the amount you request. They told me about it when I opened a ticket saying my card expiration was coming up and I wanted to make arrangements in case the card hit a snag that month. I guess it is similar to the Add Funds feature of WHMCS.

Therefore my question if the credit balance gets used for cloud, cause if you login to your cloud and click invoices and then "credit" or something like that you'll find a credit page with no information as to how to deposit, if you get an invoice and if it's used by cloud invoices.

• williewillie Member

I don't know, better ask the billing department. I know that my cloud and dedi charges appear on the same invoice every month and they bill my card once for everything. So that bodes well.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@willie said:
    @emgh I think you should just open a billing ticket asking if you can deposit an XX euro credit for your cloud services

I've done this a few times to pre-pay for cloud services (and also storage box). Never a problem to add €20 or whatever to my account every few months - though a button / top-up interface would probably be a bit more convenient all around.

Thanked by 2emgh vimalware