Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need low cost yearly EU storage KVM with 500G disk space - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need low cost yearly EU storage KVM with 500G disk space

2»

Comments

• Hi, with your budget ARM offer from OVH will be very good 12 EUR 1TB this is very cheap

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited July 2019

@aidaho said:
    currently using 20€/y

@DignusData said:
    Hi, with your budget ARM offer from OVH will be very good 12 EUR 1TB this is very cheap

@DingusData is that annual price ?

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:

HostSlick said:
    500GB SSD Storage
    44.99€/year

Whoa, I missed at first look that this was SSD. Is it actual SSD, pure SSD rather than SSD cached HDD? Just making sure. It's amazing if it's pure SSD. Any raid level? What kind of drives?

Hey

RAID10 pure SSDs. Those are Samsung 860 Evo. These days you can get those Drives with 4TB :smile:

We don't use HDs anymore with any of our products. Im soon planning to build nvme nodes too

Thanked by 1willie
  • williewillie Member

Very interesting. I could have used that some years back when I was running a search engine. Right now more after raw cheap bulk storage (HDD) but will bookmark that for later reference. Is the offer open to the rest of us? Do you think you can keep it open, barring flash shortages and the like? This is a real advance. Actually after doing a little math, I can completely understand if it's just a one-time thing. But it is great to see.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:
    Very interesting. I could have used that some years back when I was running a search engine. Right now more after raw cheap bulk storage (HDD) but will bookmark that for later reference. Is the offer open to the rest of us? Do you think you can keep it open, barring flash shortages and the like? This is a real advance. Actually after doing a little math, I can completely understand if it's just a one-time thing. But it is great to see.

Its a one time thing. Not a public offer for anyone. Of course wouldnt be possible.
    I got loads of storage on my Nodes left, so i made this a One-Time offer to OP. But as not taken, of course you or anyone else could have this deal too.

Who comes first, gets served first. Only one or two available.

I saw this thread, looked at my Nodes and made a deal to OP as it was possible for me to do so.

Our public offers can be found on my website, or for the LET deals:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157061/special-hostslick-com-openvz-kvm-let-deals-starting-at-13-99-yer-nl

Thanked by 1willie
  • williewillie Member

Quite understood. Amazing offer. I can't think of a use for it myself right now, but you get a small LET medal for just offering it. That's the kind of thing that shakes things up around here ;).

• lowendstorage.win

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • @willie said:
    Quite understood. Amazing offer. I can't think of a use for it myself right now,

Good time to remind yourself that you can get 500GB ssd mirrors on your hetzner for total 12eur/mo. 1TB mirrored for 21/mo

Thanked by 2uptime Hetzner_OL
  • williewillie Member

vimalware said: Good time to remind yourself that you can get 500GB ssd mirrors on your hetzner for total 12eur/mo

This was 500gb for < 4 eur/m without needing a dedicated server wrapped around it. Different and amazing. I'm just not doing anything these days that can really use the ssd. Most dedis these days have enough ram to hold the live data for quite a few applications anyway, so you only need high iops for some special workloads like large-ish databases.

• @willie said:

vimalware said: Good time to remind yourself that you can get 500GB ssd mirrors on your hetzner for total 12eur/mo

This was 500gb for < 4 eur/m without needing a dedicated server wrapped around it. Different and amazing. I'm just not doing anything these days that can really use the ssd. Most dedis these days have enough ram to hold the live data for quite a few applications anyway, so you only need high iops for some special workloads like large-ish databases.

Yikes. My reading comprehension must have autocorrected without me knowing. 🤓

• @uptime said:

@aidaho said:
    currently using 20€/y

@DignusData said:
    Hi, with your budget ARM offer from OVH will be very good 12 EUR 1TB this is very cheap

@DingusData is that annual price ?

yes annual

• aidahoaidaho Member

HostDoc, France:

Benchmark started on Fri 19 Jul 2019 12:30:16 PM CEST
    Full benchmark log: /home/aidaho/bench.log

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v3 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU Cores       : 1
    Frequency       : 3500.008 MHz
    Memory          : 987 MB
    Swap            :  MB
    Uptime          : 5 days, 8 min,

OS              : Debian GNU/Linux 10
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 4.19.0-5-amd64
    Hostname        : cassiopeia

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 5.196.243.79

Location                Provider        Speed

CDN                     Cachefly         60.1MB/s

Kiev, UA                infosvyaz.net.ua 26.2MB/s
    Moscow, RU              eserver.ru       12.7MB/s

Vilnus, LT              time4vps.eu      25.2MB/s
    London, UK              Linode           17.3MB/s
    Frankfurt, DE           vultr.com        71.7MB/s

Toronto, CA             Digital Ocean    2.04MB/s
    New York, US            Digital Ocean    2.34MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode           9.54MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer        3.32MB/s

Sydney, AU              Vultr   7.74MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 720 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 765 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 789 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 758 MB/s

Not sure what's up with those crazy I/O runs. Heavily cached IO, perhaps?

Tinc showed some nasty speed for the first 24h or so (0.5x of direct iperf), I haven't had a time to investigate the cause at the time.

Stock DHCP did not work for me on Debian 10, so be aware: you might need to configure your network manually.
    Here is an example of my network configuration for reference:

aidaho@cassiopeia:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces
    # The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
    address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    netmask 255.255.255.0

broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx   
    post-up route add gate.way.ip.addr dev eth0
    post-up route add default gw gate.way.ip.addr dev eth0
    post-up route add default dev eth0

Other than that, everything seems to work fine.

• @aidaho said:

HDD: I need 512Gb disk space

Sorry but I never have seen a 512GB HDD on the market yet :open_mouth:

• aidahoaidaho Member

@jordynegen11 said:

@aidaho said:

HDD: I need 512Gb disk space

Sorry but I never have seen a 512GB HDD on the market yet :open_mouth:

What can I say?
    I'm a simple guy who still does computer math by doing orders of magnitude of two :)

• williewillie Member

jordynegen11 said: Sorry but I never have seen a 512GB HDD on the market yet :open_mouth:

Description is of a virtual server with that much disk. Those are common, enough that when comparing I sometimes have to investigate which is meant. E.g. the time4vps plan mention at OP really is 512GB.

Thanked by 1jordynegen11