Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend the best DirectAdmin reseller hosting providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommend the best DirectAdmin reseller hosting providers?

So with cPanel's massive price increase, many will now switch to DirectAdmin, or at least offer DirectAdmin hosting alongside cPanel, with DirectAdmin being the more cheaper/budget hosting.

But many cPanel hosts are not too familiar with DirectAdmin in terms of running the software on their own servers.

So it would be good to start using a reliable reseller hosting provider who has already been offering DirectAdmin for several years. A provider can then become more familiar with DirectAdmin, and when they are more familiar with it, they can then set up their own DirectAdmin powered servers and offer Reseller accounts and offer DirectAdmin with VPS/Dedicated servers too.

So which DirectAdmin reseller providers do you recommend and why?

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

What? I mean if you are a provider and you want to start offering DA you get it installed and start learning how it is put together, how it works and so on.

Not go and get a reseller. That is how you become familiar with it as a user.

DA is entirely different to cPanel, you are going to have to work a lot harder at it and be more technically proficient to make DA work as well as it can vs cPanel.

• I just mean if some are busy enough with cPanel they may not want to start offering Reseller off the bat! So could just resell single accounts to start with like test trade and if all good then offer web and reseller accounts from their own servers.

If there are already reliable reseller like BuyShared who will offer them, then why not? :smiley:

• LeeLee Veteran

Ok, got you. But. The entry level for DA is low, get a slice at BuyVM or anywhere that offers a free DA licence, install it, figure it out and offer plans from it in a month once you are ready.

You will put yourself in a far better position later. DA is not as resource hungry as cPanel, mainly due to what it lacks in comparison but it is still a good panel.

Thanked by 2HostXNow level6
  • evnixevnix Member

Looking for a DA reseller hosting as well though I don't want to manage another VPS

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• refikrefik Member
    edited July 2019
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    Thanked by 1MikePT

No, @MikeET

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • No, @MigeET

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • evnixevnix Member
    edited July 2019

buyvm looks cheapest at the moment, for 3.5$/month or $42 per year for DA.
    I am just looking to create isolated accounts for testing scripts.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I offer DA licenses FREE with any UK VPS

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I offer DA licenses FREE with any UK VPS

Sorry, I only buy from 👽

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@evnix said:
    Looking for a DA reseller hosting as well though I don't want to manage another VPS

Hey!

Check our plans at www.myw.pt
    Make sure to use the coupon 50OFF, its recurring! :)

@AnthonySmith said:
    @MikePT

@deank said:
    No, @MikeET

@SirFoxy said:
    No, @MigeET

@ITLabs said:
    No, @MiguelAlien

Thank you, amazing guys! :D
    <3

Thanked by 2ITLabs SirFoxy
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Hey @HostXNow just run up a VPS... it cost penny’s and DirectAdmin support is great....

I’m getting use to DirectAdmin now...

Server restores are a breeze as well.....

Thanked by 2DA_Mark HostXNow
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

It is interesting to see that only one provider is found offering reseller hosting using DA.

• LeeLee Veteran

MechanicWeb said: It is interesting to see that only one provider is found offering reseller hosting using DA.

There are plenty of DA providers outside of LET.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Running DA perfectly fine on buyvm slice 512 with no extras
    Prem slice on austerity price

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2019

@MechanicWeb said:
    It is interesting to see that only one provider is found offering reseller hosting using DA.

There are many, even before the cPanel price hikes. DirectAdmin has been in the market for a long time! :) 👍

• kp93kp93 Member

@LiteServer I use theirs DA shared hosting, no issue so far.

They also provide Managed DA VPS / Dedicated ,

@spectraip They too provide shared hosting with DA they gave me one demo account , which worked well .

• StemeSteme Member
    edited July 2019

Fusionhost provide best reseller hosting https://www.fusionhost.co.uk

edited July 2019

Fusionhost was the worst host I've ever seen in recent days. Don't even bother.

• uptimeuptime Member

@Steme said:
    [...]

@Steme can you tell us a bit more about how long have you been using their reseller hosting?

Joined 3:44AM

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited July 2019

Lee said: The entry level for DA is low, get a slice at BuyVM or anywhere that offers a free DA licence, install it, figure it out and offer plans from it in a month once you are ready.

Exactly what I did, got a BuyVM 1GB KVM Slice for testing DirectAdmin installation and learning the ropes. Wrote up a DirectAdmin install guide based on my first time experience as well https://servermanager.guide/162/how-to-install-directadmin-control-panel-on-centos-7/. Serves as a personal journal while learning ^_^

• why Hostxnow banned?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    why Hostxnow banned?

@PieHasBeenEaten banned him for spamming.

(I’m not sure about the specifics)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • LeeLee Veteran

doghouch said: @PieHasBeenEaten banned him for spamming.

Surely not. 1 Thread and 6 posts since he joined in Jan 2017...

Could be PM spamming.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Well I did make a mistake by banning @HostXNow. I am sorry to @HostXNow. I will try to reach out to him personally and offer my apology. I am glad you'll brought it to my attention. I guess it was one of the days and wasn't really thinking or what ever I was thinking. I will try my best to slow down and analyze the situation more thoroughly.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Well I did make a mistake by banning @HostXNow. I am sorry to @HostXNow. I will try to reach out to him personally and offer my apology. I am glad you'll brought it to my attention. I guess it was one of the days and wasn't really thinking or what ever I was thinking. I will try my best to slow down and analyze the situation more thoroughly.

No problem. Thank you for correcting it.

+1 to all the responses here too.

Thanked by 1Spotlight