Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MisterHost's official statement regarding pricing changes - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MisterHost's official statement regarding pricing changes

13»

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Lee said:

deank said: That is the vibe I am getting from his replies. He sounds really, really, desperate for any kind of clients.

There was a time when I thought I was being 'edgy' by offering 750mb of disk space per shared account at a time when the HDD sizes were 40-80GB and I had more clients than available space. That was before overselling was a thing.

The reality was nobody was using half that, as time went on end-users never really knew how much space they really needed. Along came unlimited disk space and end-users rejoiced, only in so much that it solved the issue of them not knowing how much space they needed, even today most would get by on less than a couple of GBs

Today you have Master and Alpha Resellers but the reality again is that most probably end up creating few accounts on them hence it is not really an issue for most providers, especially if you lack clients.

But you can still get fucked over with this new pricing, my account manager at cPanel says they will only tolerate so much when it comes to their recent billing offer to refund fees. After that you pay or they will suspend all licences.

This, I totally agree on. I have also never gotten any abuse from offering unlimited disk space to my clients in the past. Of course abuse is always around the corner so monitoring usage is essential.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Oh, I forgot that refunding via PP is no longer free.

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • RadWebHostingRadWebHosting Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

More concerning is how much worse it could be shortly, as DNSOnly Servers will be requiring license keys and the Server Profile concept looks like another license-hungry solution to any performance related inquiries for the foreseeable future. Here's where it get's real pricey: https://medium.com/@ScottClaeys/cpanel-licensing-changes-introduction-of-server-profiles-and-alternatives-for-hosting-providers-657ae504e21a

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@RadWebHosting said:
    More concerning is how much worse it could be shortly, as DNSOnly Servers will be requiring license keys and the Server Profile concept looks like another license-hungry solution to any performance related inquiries for the foreseeable future. Here's where it get's real pricey: https://medium.com/@ScottClaeys/cpanel-licensing-changes-introduction-of-server-profiles-and-alternatives-for-hosting-providers-657ae504e21a

I'm wondering how hard they're willing to go on DNSONLY.

Will they charge by the zone count?

Francisco