Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MisterHost's official statement regarding pricing changes - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MisterHost's official statement regarding pricing changes

Comments

• bikegremlinbikegremlin Member
    edited July 2019

Took a look at the hosting offer. It looks really good.

I'd be delighted to buy shared hosting account from a Reseller...
    ...who's one of the clients of a Master Reseller...
    ...who's one of the clients of an Alpha Reseller (which sounds really cool I must say)...
    ...who's one of the clients of the hosting provider...
    ...who rents a server from someone who rents servers and loves pigeons...

Would also suggest not stopping there and creating a Master Alpha Reseller. Could have their own Alpha Master Alpha Reseller, of course.

Just hope the server data center has windows, so that the final customer of the Reseller, of the Master Reseller, of the Alpha Reseller can send technical support requests using pigeons, straight to the server's administrators.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • nfnnfn Veteran

@Francisco said:

>

Stallion was already in production by the time the Solus shit happened.

Francisco

Francisco, do you have plans to add 2fa to Stallion?
    Sorry for the offtopic!

• donlidonli Member

@bikegremlin said:

...who's one of the clients of an Alpha Reseller (which sounds really cool I must say)...

I really wish I understood what the cPanel increase was going to be doing to all those Alpha/Master resellers.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@donli said:

@bikegremlin said:

I really wish I understood what the cPanel increase was going to be doing to all those Alpha/Master resellers.

Kill them in their sleep.

Francisco

• @donli said:

@bikegremlin said:

That's elementary:

When you apply all the substitutions and neutralizations (don't know the correct English math terms), it gets simplified to a logical tautology:

{ ( ~200 $ per server) V (DirectAdmin migration) }
    AND (101 % uptime, PHP Selecter 5.2 OK)

• donlidonli Member

@Francisco said:

@donli said:

@bikegremlin said:

Kill them in their sleep.

September 1st is going to be like the rapture for shared hosting providers.

• LeeLee Veteran

donli said: September 1st is going to be like the rapture for shared hosting providers.

The Eco Warriors will be happy, the number of servers getting turned off will save a ton of power.

• @bikegremlin said:

...who rents a server from someone who rents servers and loves pigeons...

Missed the part where the alpha reseller is hosted on a vps, on a dedi, which is rented from someone who is coloing it, in a rack rented by someone from some company.

Thanked by 2bikegremlin lazyt
  • LeeLee Veteran

teamacc said: which is rented from someone who is coloing it, in a rack rented by someone from some company.

Paid for by his sister.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Ridiculous, a company publicly announces they plan to sell at a loss and people cheer?

This forum is bringing out the worst in me, time to step back for a week for the sake my sanity.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@bikegremlin said:
    it gets simplified to a logical tautology:

{ ( ~200 $ per server) V (DirectAdmin migration) }
    AND (101 % uptime, PHP Selecter 5.2 OK)

You forgot to add per-IP licenses as follows:

IP = (offline Gateway / (π * R²)) = online 4 ipv4 extras

@Lee said:

teamacc said: which is rented from someone who is coloing it, in a rack rented by someone from some company.

Paid for by his sister.

Who loves pigeons.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2019

We should pool our resources to get a cpanel clone. Crowd sourcing, anyone? Kick starter project?

• @yokowasis said:
    We should pool our resources to get a cpanel clone. Crowd sourcing, anyone? Kick starter project?

not today

• edited July 2019

@AnthonySmith said:
    Ridiculous, a company publicly announces they plan to sell at a loss and people cheer?

This forum is bringing out the worst in me, time to step back for a week for the sake my sanity.

Since I respect you as a former admin, I'll just remind you that as a "top provider" you should strive for more positive energy because that's what your clients read. Bashing another provider does not help to attract more customers but it leads to customer obscurity. In my opinion you should have a plan developed that satisfies your customers and potential customers and not making pathetic maths without knowing the client base we serve. Thank you and wish you and your clients a lot of luck in such cloudy days.

• xaocxaoc Member

@ZotiMediaGroup said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Since I respect you as a former admin, I'll just remind you that as a "top provider" you should strive for more positive energy because that's what your clients read. Bashing another provider does not help to attract more customers but it leads to customer obscurity. In my opinion you should have a plan developed that satisfies your customers and potential customers and not making pathetic maths without knowing the client base we serve. Thank you and wish you and your clients a lot of luck in such cloudy days.

Are you guys aware of the private message function on this board? My way of saying "get a room".

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited July 2019

@ZotiMediaGroup that's great that you're still allowing reseller hosting on cPanel without a price increase (at least for next 3 years)

After 27th June I did contact some of the LET resellers who host with various LET hosts. We are a small group around 15-20 resellers and each has 20-40 cpanel accounts under us. Since our host(s) are now charging around $0.50+ to $5 per cpanel account and in some cases quite an exorbitant price-increase (ref: HM thread) it will not be possible for us to host with them and so we were looking out on WHT/LET and Google for those hosts who can accommodate us. We don't need alpha/master reseller, just regular reseller accounts.

Will consider Misterhost in our short-listed ones. Will have to consider the server-location and disk I/O and some features while selecting our next cpanel reseller host.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Sofia_K said:
    @ZotiMediaGroup that's great that you're still allowing reseller hosting on cPanel without a price increase (at least for next 3 years)

After 27th June I did contact some of the LET resellers who host with various LET hosts. We are a small group around 15-20 resellers and each has 20-40 cpanel accounts under us. Since our host(s) are now charging around $0.20 per cpanel account and in some cases quite an exorbitant price-increase (ref: HM thread) it will not be possible for us to host with them and so we were looking out on WHT/LET and Google for those hosts who can accommodate us. We don't need alpha/master reseller, just regular reseller accounts.

Will consider Misterhost in our short-listed ones. Will have to consider the server-location and disk I/O and some features while selecting our next cpanel reseller host.

Check my signature for MisterHost cpu/ram limits etc :)

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited July 2019

AnthonySmith said: Ridiculous, a company publicly announces they plan to sell at a loss and people cheer?

What's wrong with that. One of the top HUGE host (not LET) in EU who provides cpanel reseller hosting to one of my site confirmed me (I already posted it here) that they'll be continuing selling cPanel without any price increase for us, reseller, and their direct shared customers. So I can sell 10GB space, unmetered traffic, 2 websites for $1.49/month to my clients. They'll be going to absorb the prices and that users should not worry. So there's ain't anything wrong if some host advertises that they'll be selling cpanel reseller hosting (and in the above case: at least for 3 years since they're covered up with license/long-term contract already). So I too did a press release that my brand will be continuing the cpanel shared hosting at the regular pricing.

So a host/provider who can sell cpanel/reseller at CHEAP regular rates for forseeable future can't ALWAYS be termed as "cheater" "conned" "defrauding" "trickster" "deciver" host. LET forum is just 1% of the hosts representing here and rest of the Net really has reputable host providing services from last 15-20 years and it doen't mean just because LET banned cPanel reseller hosting offers means (after June 27th) the entire world should stop advertising cpanel plans. Or the entire world host have started to "defraud" or "con" the customers. No. The world is moving forward with whatever good/bad cpanel pricing update has done for them.

It's actually a pitty on small hosts who pay per month for license and then cry after the price increase that their business became unstable or shut down their services entirely as they totally failed in managing a business correctly. Managing servers is different. Managing a business is different. Only a few hosts can achieve both simultaneously and they are going to succeed.

Also I found one advantage in cPanel price increase: The less congestion/competition in the cpanel hosting market, the better for rest of us as many licenses will not be renewed, hosts moving away from cPanel and their customers are moving away from them (to find another cpanel host). Someone's loss is someone's gain.

So don't be happy or pleased that since YOU have stopped cpanel hosting the WORLD is going to move away from it. No. Except the few geeks other will continue to bear the price-increase by absorbing the prices or asking their customers to pay for the per account license fee, or like Zoti Media will keep offering cpanel until their license expires.

Also H'Mantis on WHT shared their survey about their customers that MOST of their users don't want to migrate to any other panel and would rather stay on cPanel - the same case is with almost all other hosts (big and small) on the planet.

I was reading hosting forums and cpanel forums from last week. Cpanel and WHT threads are flooded with ONLY-hosts bragging that they are changing the Panel and moving away from cPanel, some just jumped the ship within 2-3 days, BUT how many of them have surveyed their actual customers/users? Almost None! So, After September 1, there will be flood around the net/WHT-type forums to find a cpanel host than finding a host who offers alternative panel (as novice users just know the industry-standard control panel - cPanel).

Yes, In long run after 5-10 years and that too if BIG hosts or market leaders ditch cPanel and migrate to other panel then only it will not termed as industry-standard panel, but I can't see cPanel is going anywhere for next 5-6 years untill it has incoming-money and acceptance from jumbo hosts as well as users wanna stick to it!

P.S. I'm not in favor of cpanel price increase but yes, I've decided to stick with them unless I see a industry-wide acceptance FROM ACTUAL Customers of the hosts for an alternative panel. I'm also moving one reseller site with 20-25 which I manage myself along with my upstream provider to DA by EOY to test the waters. But not ditching cPanel on my other sites until my customers are willing to hop.

Thanked by 3ITLabs Yura bikegremlin
  • @Sofia_K said:

After 27th June I did contact some of the LET resellers who host with various LET hosts. We are a small group around 15-20 resellers and each has 20-40 cpanel accounts under us. Since our host(s) are now charging around $0.20 per cpanel account and in some cases quite an exorbitant price-increase (ref: HM thread) it will not be possible for us to host with them and so we were looking out on WHT/LET and Google for those hosts who can accommodate us. We don't need alpha/master reseller, just regular reseller accounts.

Dear Sofia_K.

You are welcome to join us at anytime. Will recommend this month as from the August we have a plan to put account limits on the basic and classic plan (not on existing clients!) The premium one will remain with unlimited accounts.

Server location in France (OVH)
    260.000 inodes
    5MB IO speed
    Litespeed
    Cloudflare
    Cloudlinux
    and many more..

Thanked by 2Sofia_K Ympker
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member
    edited July 2019

I wonder why the "hosts" from India are not aware of this cpanel shock. Note that there was rarely any RS offer for July 4. Unlimited cpanel accounts, unlimited bandwidth and same sh*t can be seen in India hosts site.

I really got shocked by seeing the reseler prices of MDDHostng. Their prices looks like a managed dedi from LET hosts.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

Sofia_K said: They'll be going to absorb the prices and that users should not worry. So there's ain't anything wrong if some host advertises that they'll be selling cpanel reseller hosting (and in the above case: at least for 3 years since they're covered up with license/long-term contract already).

There is nothing wrong with it, providing it is true. Now if you are comfortable with your host and their statement then fair enough.

This is LET though, trust is hard to come by with a change like this especially where providers are running a service on a knife edge in terms of margin or in many cases a loss.

There are really 4 options.

1. A provider was already pricing beyond the point the increase could be damaging.
    2. A provider has long enough terms running on licences they don't need to react yet.
    3. A provider has fewer clients than you may think and the effect is minimal.
    4. They are on monthly licences are not prepared and will fold.

The real issue is that you won't really know which provider is which until the billing changes for each of them kick in which could be a long time away.

It will be very interesting to see who is still standing in the next few months. By that, I mean the hosts that are more LET based.

Within the next year or so, any hosts that continue to offer unlimited, master or Alpha whatever though, that is just irresponsible. On cPanel at least.

Thanked by 2uptime level6
  • @Lee said:

Sofia_K said: They'll be going to absorb the prices and that users should not worry. So there's ain't anything wrong if some host advertises that they'll be selling cpanel reseller hosting (and in the above case: at least for 3 years since they're covered up with license/long-term contract already).

There is nothing wrong with it, providing it is true. Now if you are comfortable with your host and their statement then fair enough.

This is LET though, trust is hard to come by with a change like this especially where providers are running a service on a knife edge in terms of margin or in many cases a loss.

There are really 4 options.

1. A provider was already pricing beyond the point the increase could be damaging.
    2. A provider has long enough terms running on licences they don't need to react yet.
    4. They are on monthly licences are not prepared and will fold.

The real issue is that you won't really know which provider is which until the billing changes for each of them kick in which could be a long time away.

It will be very interesting to see who is still standing in the next few months. By that, I mean the hosts that are more LET based.

Within the next year or so, any hosts that continue to offer unlimited, master or Alpha whatever though, that is just irresponsible. On cPanel at least.

Dear Lee, non of those terms apply.
    Do not get offended but I think you was never running a unlimited hosting business. To explain you better I will bring an example with all you can eat restaurants.
    If a all-you-can-eat restaurant is earning 10k per month with a rental fee of $1000/month and the local owner increase the rental fee by +$1000 am not sure if the local will close if he still makes a profit of 9k.

But: If the restaurant was offering all you can eat vouchers for $1/year and was earning $1500/month then there will be an issue.

Alpha/Masters will die?
    No. Now begins the era of Alphas and Masters. Simple math:

If someone wants to start a hosting business he need the following:

Server $100 (VPS Era is over with cPanel)
    cPanel $45
    Cloudlinux $13
    Litespeed $45

Management $50 (if needed).

about $250/month.

Why wont you order an Master for $30 month till you gain enough clients to get a server?

P. S: additionally the competition will be better from september.

This is just the way I think.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

ZotiMediaGroup said: I think you was never running a unlimited hosting business

Correct, I have a better business model than the bottom of the barrel unlimited hosting.

Thanked by 1ZotiMediaGroup
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2019

@Lee @ZotiMediaGroup I think at this point it's just best for you guys to agree to disagree as Jarland always used to say ;)

Points have been made clear by either side and both seem to have a reason for stating things the way they do. We don't know the customer behaviour/usage stats from MisterHost and we can see @Lee has their own (fair) reason for not approaching the same business model. You could always continue talking in PMs. Anyway, just trying to mediate here, as further discussion seems pointless :)

• LeeLee Veteran

Ympker said: I think at this point it's just best for you guys to agree to disagree

You're not my mother...

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2019

@Lee said:

Ympker said: I think at this point it's just best for you guys to agree to disagree

You're not my mother...

I am not. Neither was I meaning to be offensive, just saying this argument will probably be getting nowhere. But by all means, continue to argue.

@ZotiMediaGroup no offense intended towards you either if it could be interpreted that way.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Lee said:

That is the vibe I am getting from his replies. He sounds really, really, desperate for any kind of clients.

Thanked by 2Lee sambling
  • @deank said:

@Lee said:

That is the vibe I am getting from his replies. He sounds really, really, desperate for any kind of clients.

The end is nigh. Hahaha

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited July 2019

deank said: That is the vibe I am getting from his replies. He sounds really, really, desperate for any kind of clients.

There was a time when I thought I was being 'edgy' by offering 750mb of disk space per shared account at a time when the HDD sizes were 40-80GB and I had more clients than available space. That was before overselling was a thing.

The reality was nobody was using half that, as time went on end-users never really knew how much space they really needed. Along came unlimited disk space and end-users rejoiced, only in so much that it solved the issue of them not knowing how much space they needed, even today most would get by on less than a couple of GBs

Today you have Master and Alpha Resellers but the reality again is that most probably end up creating few accounts on them hence it is not really an issue for most providers, especially if you lack clients.

But you can still get fucked over with this new pricing, my account manager at cPanel says they will only tolerate so much when it comes to their recent billing offer to refund fees. After that you pay or they will suspend all licences.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2019

@ZotiMediaGroup said:
    The end is nigh. Hahaha

Ah, the mark of a lurker.

@Lee said:
    Today you have Master and Alpha Resellers but the reality again is that most probably end up creating few accounts on them hence it is not really an issue for most providers, especially if you lack clients.

But you can still get fucked over with this new pricing, my account manager at cPanel says they will only tolerate so much when it comes to their recent billing offer to refund fees.

To be unicornly fair, the dude has a point. But I've been in this shithole long enough to know what's really going through the guy's mind.

He just want clients to start with while using this as an ad front.

Thanked by 2Ympker Lee