Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CloudFlare down for 20-25mins just now
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CloudFlare down for 20-25mins just now

sureiamsureiam Member
edited July 2019 in Outages

https://downdetector.com/status/cloudflare
https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/incidents/tx4pgxs6zxdr

So CloudFlare had another hiccup, seems to be limited to just their caching service. These types of issues seem to becoming more common IMO. For those using them for their DNS, CDN, and registrar how do you sleep at night?

My favorite part? HetrixTools, downdetector.com, etc. all running on cloudflare so You can't even access the typical sites to confirm something is up.

Thanked by 3caracal datanoise MrH

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Even let was down...

Cloudflare is internet, if cloudflare is down, Internet is down.

• @armandorg said:
    Even let was down...

Cloudflare is internet, if cloudflare is down, Internet is down.

It's a joke really how dependent everyone has gotten on them. I have been testing it out the past few months and even moved a few domains over to their registrar service.

But I feel like I hear about some sort of hiccup once every 3-4 months. I'll probably be moving away from them again. Too many eggs in one basket.

• comXyzcomXyz Member

some large DDOS attacks have been happening, still continue

• @comXyz said:
    some large DDOS attacks have been happening, still continue

Funny how smaller sites on smaller hosts are unaffected but the big boys always seem to be the first to get hit (obviously I understand why). You put your faith in the big company because you think they are a safe bet but they end up being the primary targ. for most of these DDO S

• HxxxHxxx Member

I sleep good at night. Cloudflare is the best option for most of us anyway. Unless you of course have tons of cash to waste.

Thanked by 2mrTom Ouji
  • a3Brena3Bren Member

wait for cloudflare's incident report.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Reminds me of the space web browser games.
    If you had just a small fleet, you be fucked, anytime someone figures it out.

If you join an clan, and everyone "bunkers" its fleet on one planet, its fucking giant.
    Nobody is gonna touch it, until they have something twice that big.

Then you be better somewhere else.
    Now Cloudflare apparently had a big attack, which overloaded the entire network, neat.

I suspect they just upgrade and it may happen again and again and again..

• Using cloudflare is a virtual way of using training wheels.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• We saw a massive spike in CPU that caused primary and secondary systems to fall over. We shut down the process that was causing the CPU spike. Service restored to normal within ~30 minutes. We’re now investigating the root cause of what happened.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • this only affected for websites that using their cdn, most my website only use their dns and seem fine and not affected by this ddos.

@datanoise said:

We saw a massive spike in CPU that caused primary and secondary systems to fall over. We shut down the process that was causing the CPU spike. Service restored to normal within ~30 minutes. We’re now investigating the root cause of what happened.

That does not exclude a DDoS, maybe the network was indeed giant but the hardware was not so it took a shit.

• sanvitsanvit Member

I got incident notifications for all my servers from pingniner due to this :(

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

I hear CloudFlareNet is down, luckily most of us are on this decentralized thing called the internet.

Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here watching people slowly realize what I've been yelling about for years now...

@joepie91 said:

I hear CloudFlareNet is down, luckily most of us are on this decentralized thing called the internet.

Don't mind me, I'm just sitting here watching people slowly realize what I've been yelling about for years now...

They never listen.

Thanked by 3joepie91 FHR MrH
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2019

I wonder how many more downtimes people need before realizing that centralizing all their websites at one single provider is a bad idea.

• sinsin Member

It's pretty crazy how many websites I was trying to visit that were down and even some of the Debian repos I used for down too.

Thanked by 1MrH
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

"It's free" seems to be the condiment that allows to pump any kind of sh_it to people.

I remember when CloudF&#%! began their 1.1.1.1 DNS game. My first thought was that many will be "smart" and use that instead of the "uncool" 8.8.4.4 as NS alternative.

I do not use any "service" of CF and try to avoid Google, too. But then I have no insanely important puppy images site that just needs to be CF fast.

In a way frightening. But then, a gaze outside (at what walks on the streets) and it seems just normal ...

Thanked by 2ricardo MrH
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

I hate the people that immediately scream "IT WAS CHINA, THE CHINESE ARE DDOSING CLOUDFLARE". Was there any evidence to back that claim? No.

But yeah, I dislike CloudFlare for trying to make the internet less secure, private and stable (while claiming otherwise) by centralizing all services to itself. More and more things depend on CloudFlare - websites, DNS resolvers and recursors, Ethereum whizzbang gateways and even time servers!
    This wasn't the way the internet was designed and continuing this trend will eventually harm everyone involved.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanked by 2vimalware hanoi
  • Tried them, I'd rather pay for a CDN than use them.

IT WAS CHINA, THE CHINESE ARE DDOSING CLOUDFLARE.

There, happy, @FDR?

Thanked by 3FHR vimalware hostdare
  • CHINA NUMBER ONE

• WinneWinne Member

IT WAS CHINA, THE CHINESE ARE DDOSING CLOUDFLARE

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@deank said:

There, happy, @FDR?

Am I already that old and uncool? As far as I know shouldn't it be russian hackzors? Or no, wait, today is tuesday. Shouldn't it be iranian evil doers?

Nothing against China, but sorry, China can't get to be the guilty party every day!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@jsg said:

@deank said:

There, happy, @FDR?

Am I already that old and uncool? As far as I know shouldn't it be russian hackzors? Or no, wait, today is tuesday. Shouldn't it be iranian evil doers?

Nothing against China, but sorry, China can't get to be the guilty party every day!

Tuesday afternoon is North Korea. Didn't you read the schedule?

Thanked by 3jsg FHR datanoise

Well, few years ago, the Left used Russia. They now use China.

Thanked by 2FHR hostdare
  • RUSSIA NUMBER TWO

• https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-outage/

Someone deployed something worldwide. And there goes WW3.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@eLohkCalb said:
    https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-outage/

Someone deployed something worldwide. And there goes WW3.

bad software deploy = php5.2 selecter ok?