Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

high ping whenever games routes through Telia severs - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

high ping whenever games routes through Telia severs

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yoohoo, FUCK! Yay!

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@deank said:
    Yoohoo, FUCK! Yay!

Thanked by 1sureiam
  • did a small video of ping plotter testing to that ip

current ping is spiking a lot, someday even bigger fluctuations
    i remember when i used to have 40-41 stable, i did ping plotter testing then also, but didn't record it, but i remember the ping spikes were very minimal compared what i get now

and of courses the screenshot, when its like that also

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@vasakulejaparemale as I told earlier, you are probably in contact with the support of Telia Estonia. Please bare in mind that Telia Estonia and Telia Carrier are 2 absolutely different things when it comes to routing. Telia Estonia itself can not solve your problem with routing OUTSIDE the Estonian republic. you have to contact Telia Carrier for that issue as they are managing Telia Estonia's international routings and networking overall. And most sure thing is, Telia Estonia wont spend any second on solving this problem for you by contacting Telia Carrier for this issue. They actually can, but they wont do it unless it is already causing issues to international network performance overall. If you indeed worked with telia Estonia before, you should know the drill,right?

• joojajooja Member

I also had a gameserver and WE ALWAYS lag/disconnect problems because of telia

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@jooja said:

I also had a gameserver and WE ALWAYS lag/disconnect problems because of telia

That's hardly possible.

• edited July 2019

1) you have to contact Telia Carrier for that issue - i writed them several letters, what do you think how much answers did i got? [none], not even a hello back, silence

2) Telia Estonia itself can not solve your problem with routing OUTSIDE the Estonian republic - deep down i know that, i was just going for that push, but yea that is obviously not going to happen

3) ye, well [ISP change comes in mind], but wont do it right now, waiting is only option

Thank you for you information, i appreciate every single one of you!

• vasakulejaparemale said: [There is nothing you can do about this. This is deep in the telia network. You would need to get to their upper tier support guys even if you have pinpointed a issue. This is very hard because these guys do not want to bother talking to all the idiots who "think" they know how routing works.]

[PS. LET is not telia helpdesk,if you know what I mean] - yea i know im just letting the problem be known, its such a effin joke omfg

1) The joke is on you. Your attitude will not get you anywhere. I don't care how many years you've held a CCIE. I've had certified candidates cause damage because they brain dumped on an exam, instead of working with the hardware.

2) Telia Carrier has the right to NOT respond to you. You're not their client, and you're also not on Vultr/Choopa's authorized contact list, to make them listen.

[They likely would not even talk to me and I held the top cisco CCIE cert for more than 15yrs before I retired. When I called ISP for work stuff I used to use my contact with people I used to work with that now work for the ISP to get me a contact who would talk to me. The only reason I could talk to these high level guys was because someone they trusted told them I really did know what I was talking about.

That's fine, but they are not required to listen to you either way, and should not without a written ticket for any trouble on the network. The only parties that can create tickets are the clients or Telia themselves.

I do notice the difference from 8ms (Zayo -> Level3 -> Choopa) to 16ms (Telia -> Choopa), but no packet loss on either path.

You, out of all network engineers, should know that an ISP will prefer to bring the traffic to a paid client, instead of dropping it at an Internet Exchange, or other Tier-1 provider. It's called getting their money's worth out of a client purchasing a transit circuit.

Once you've calmed down, create a ticket with Vultr, and explain all the issues you're having.

Thanked by 1vasakulejaparemale
  • NO NO NO thats not me who writed this, some expert on other forum writed me this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[There is nothing you can do about this. This is deep in the telia network. You would need to get to their upper tier support guys even if you have pinpointed a issue. This is very hard because these guys do not want to bother talking to all the idiots who "think" they know how routing works.]

[They likely would not even talk to me and I held the top cisco CCIE cert for more than 15yrs before I retired. When I called ISP for work stuff I used to use my contact with people I used to work with that now work for the ISP to get me a contact who would talk to me. The only reason I could talk to these high level guys was because someone they trusted told them I really did know what I was talking about.

i dont know nothing about how to fix this, where to write, i know its OUTSIDE the Estonian republic, and thats what i have been explained, i only know some very smart and guys who are at good places can, but as if they would care right? somebody who is howling about bad routes

i have calmed down, and what is this Vultr again, let me see this

• edited July 2019

SO, I TALKED WITH [VULTR] NETWORK ENGINEER AND THATS WHAT HE SAID

In order to fully troubleshoot this issue, please provide ALL of the following:

Also, please inform us if this is the first time you've experienced this issue or if you are seeing the problem during only certain times of the day, and any other details you believe might help resolve this.

What in the world is MTR? We use MTR reports to troubleshoot network issues more specifically than a simple ping test or traceroute can. Running MTR/WinMTR pings all "hops" (any server, computer, or network device) between your local computer and an Internet destination. Running an MTR report shows the route that traffic takes from a computer to the server, as well as the quality of the connection at each step of the route.

This information helps us to properly diagnose connection issues, as well as identify improvements that can be made within our network.

Most Linux systems already have MTR installed, and it can be run from the command line. If you're using Windows, you can download a version of it at https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/WinMTR-v092.zip/download and install it on your computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning,

From the information provided, unfortunately this latency spike begins on a Telia router "war-b2" as you can see in the included graphic.

The traffic latency is consistently within 1-2ms from that point all the way through to the host.

We would see a spike in traffic between our edge "vultr-ic" and the endpoint if there was trouble within our network.

You can see that between these two devices, the latency appears fine.

We will open a trouble ticket with Telia, however, we can not guarantee they will make any adjustments on their side.

• so the problem lies on war-b2-link.telia.net
    how/what/who contact there any people? know?

of course its Poland, they suck at everything, not surprised

Thanked by 1jsg
  • edited July 2019

another shit hop added to my server, which sometime appears and disappears
    hbg-bb1-link-telia.net what the ACTUALY FUCK is going on, who chooses those routings like holy moly, BGP? who the fuck coded this shit, like what in the fuck mates, and this is supposed to be n1 engineering, my ass

now hbg-bb1-link-telia.net spikes and gives me even more higher ping times

this is fucking disaster europe my ass, should of went thru CHINESE, or INDIA or PAKISTAN would of get better ping to euro then with this in by literal means HORRIFIC SHIT

maybe we should get to that far to take a hops off, not to add hops and maybe even change hops, fkin bs [ life in 1500s ] routing

• hzrhzr Member

calm down and consider paying a few hundred euros more a month for lower contention connection

• edited July 2019

and it spiked to 150 also, hahahaaahaha

back to 0 guys

calm down and consider paying a few hundred euros more a month for lower contention connection - i can take up to 200/50 but this game specificaly i wont take it, il keep it around 50/10 60/10, but thats not the case, that doesnt change routing my man.

we landed in the moon - hell yea

change routing, - hell no [ggs lol] lets add another hop aswell

end point is near

[local] Telia no help at all

Telia Carrier - nothing

vultr - problem lies on war-b2-link.telia.net and hbg-bb1-link-telia.net also now

this internet exchange talk will only take u so far

SHORTYLY NO HELP AT ALL, FROM NOWHERE, doesn't MATTER WHAT U DO
    didn't THINK THIS WILL BE THAT HARD, my apologies again

god hopefully you'll make time heal this

• hzrhzr Member

i did not mean speed. i mean a proper SLA'd business connection.

• that is not available, and im not going to spend few hundred euros, on a connection that might fix this, i had this fixed with this same connection more than 10 years, why should i now give them more money, no no no. THE ONLY thing they get from me is foot up their ass, and a good long conversation.

1) this is very poor routing what they give me, doesnt matter what no expert says or does, this is embarrasing like 4 real im not even joking

2) im not calling nobody specific here, but cman is that all they got?

3) adding me another hop, when im trying to get hops off, and paths cannot be changed? seems they can

4) NO HELP FROM NOBODY, and thats just the truth of it, love it or hate it

• edited July 2019

JUST NOW IT WAS CHANGED, DUNNO WHAT HAPPENED

ITS LIKE MAGICAL FIX RIGHT, IL KEEP UPDATED

1) war-b2-link.telia.net got replaced with tln-b3-link.telia.net
    2) hbg-bb1-link-telia.net - DISAPPEARED

END PING TO THAT SERVER IS back to 39-40 only.......

• edited July 2019

ITS FIXED AS OF TODAY RIGHT NOW, LET SEE HOW MUCH DOES THE FIX LAST

TWO THINGS GOT CHANGED

1) war-b2-link.telia.net got replaced with tln-b3-link.telia.net
    2) hbg-bb1-link-telia.net - DISAPPEARED
    3) this came also in now s-bb4-link.telia.net

!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS POSSIBLE NOW ITS BACK AS IT WAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS WHAT IM FOOKIN TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hzrhzr Member

you hate warsaw and you love tallinn?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

Thank God It’s Over.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • uptimeuptime Member

telia may have replaced OP

Thanked by 1vasakulejaparemale
  • edited July 2019

AND ITS NOT OVER

FIX ONLY LASTED [ABOUT] 5-10 hours

1) war-b2-link.telia.net - IS BACK

2) tln-b3-link.telia.net -** IS GONE**
    3) s-bb4-link.telia.net -** IS GONE**

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOO NO NO NO

NOT LIKE THIS..............

• hzrhzr Member

pay for sla'd connection

• edited July 2019

WHY THE FIX DIDINT LAST, IT WENT OK, BUT ONLY FOR 5-10 hours, AND I WOULD OF NEVER WRITED HERE AGAIN, just MINDBLOWN, wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

i already ruled that out, and now i got proof it can go back, whoever changed them
    please just make it stay, i already writed yesterday evening to all places where i writed it was okay, and this morning again war-b2-link.telia.net - IS BACK

and tln-b3-link.telia.net -** IS GONE** what fixed it
    and s-bb4-link.telia.net -** IS GONE** what also fixed it

IT CHANGED TO HOW IT WAS, 1 year or more ago, and i got to enjoy it only for some hours, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

• @vasakulejaparemale said:
    WHY THE FIX DIDINT LAST, IT WENT OK, BUT ONLY FOR 5-10 hours, AND I WOULD OF NEVER WRITED HERE AGAIN, just MINDBLOWN, wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

i already ruled that out, and now i got proof it can go back, whoever changed them
    please just make it stay, i already writed yesterday evening to all places where i writed it was okay, and this morning again war-b2-link.telia.net - IS BACK

and tln-b3-link.telia.net -** IS GONE** what fixed it
    and s-bb4-link.telia.net -** IS GONE** what also fixed it

IT CHANGED TO HOW IT WAS, 1 year or more ago, and i got to enjoy it only for some hours, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Oh my God do you know any professional networking skills? The hops with the asterisks aren't offline they are just behind a firewall or they are currently not replying to ping requests. Why don't you choose another internet service provider in Estonia? Or a local VPN provider?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

With this level of PMS, who needs surgeries for a gender change?

Thanked by 1failhostings
  • edited July 2019

no im not a professional in networking

its not an option right now to get another service provider, but ye i know that.
    VPN providers do not help, in my case

i just cant understand whoever did the changes, they have obviously lissened it or saw my messages, and did it corretcly, but only for 5-10 hours, what is that about?
    its not about being offline or behind firewall, THEY FIXED IT, BUT ONLY FOR SOME HOURS
    then THEY RETURNED the bad routing path which is war-b2-link.telia.net

whats the explanation here?. FIXED but why only for hours, FIX MEANS more like 4life or another 10 years, blah

its like we fixed your problem, its all okay, and i also send my letters out to everybody im in touch with, that its fixed, and next morning i woke up war-b2-link.telia.net is back and two other routes added what was the fix are gone, which are

tln-b3-link.telia.net
    **s-bb4-link.telia.net

whoever made the changes, please make it back, but PLEASE make it STAY

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@vasakulejaparemale

Don't you get it? YOUR BEHAVIOUR is highly likely one of the reasons your problem (or "problem") doesn't get fixed.

You can write in bold an capitals as much as you like and you can try to vent and molest people following the line "I'll unnerv you until you do what I want" - but at the end of the day that works AGAINST you.

Frankly, if I were in Telia's NOC, I would simply have created a spam filter rule for you.

Please stop to abuse our community for your emotional problems.

Thanked by 2Andrews uptime
  • edited July 2019

My behaviour is like this, because im getting the same behaviour back, the problem did get fixed as im talking to a network engineer whos very polite, and he said he will open a problem ticket with Telia, only one who has managed to help me, not like most here, i write like this to get people take the seriousness of it, because most of you write stuff that doesnt even make sense, and the low end help that doesnt get you nowhere, i have experts telling me

Good Afternoon,

This sounds like Telia was performing some maintenance on their infrastructure.

I will pass this along to them.

No work was performed on our side, as this issue lies within the provider network.

Network Engineer

Frankly, if I were in Telia's NOC, I would simply have created a spam filter rule for you.

i dont spam nothing, i talk the truth the problem lies on Telia, but nobody does nothing, i have to talk to out of this country experts to get them send ticket to Higher group of people, because most where i write about this, they dont help, they dont even know.
    lol at spam filter, if you want to ignore a REAL problem then please create your spam filters how much do you want, but i want to get to the bottom of this, unlike some ye

Please stop to abuse our community for your emotional problems.
    If you do not know how to fix the problem, then do not comment here.

jsg: Hamburg - London almost 100 ms, hahahaha, I can understand your frustration.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------problem (or "problem") - oh okei then

Probably not, estonia and the other baltic countries aren't exactly largest priority markets (read: your providers position, even if he really cared, highly likely isn't strong).

good advice aye

Similarly, no matter how anal you are wrt to your system being optimally configured, your system is but one single node on the world wide network.

good one aswell, thats it.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2019

vasakulejaparemale said: My behaviour is like this, because im getting the same behaviour back, the problem did get fixed as im talking to a network engineer whos very polite, and he said he will open a problem ticket with Telia, only one who has managed to help me, not like most here, i write like this to get people take the seriousness of it, because most of you write stuff that doesnt even make sense, and the low end help that doesnt get you nowhere, i have experts telling me

Seriously, no one here cares about your ping or how it effects your gaming!

You can stop posting here about it now, all you are doing is making your self look like an uneducated child who whines and throws things when he doesn't get his way. We are not your day care center, most of us in fact are industry professionals, so we really don't care at all about your ping issues at all. Also, your continued use of bold letters and mass amount of spelling issues in your posts really doesn't help things at all in your favor. It more so makes you look childish, uneducated and annoying. If I was that guy at Telia being constantly abused, I too would ignore you and send your tickets to /dev/null after the continued messages as again, you seem like an uneducated child in how you choose to communicate with people.

Good luck with your issue, but please, stop boring us with your whiny complaints already.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1uptime