Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

high ping whenever games routes through Telia severs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

high ping whenever games routes through Telia severs

edited July 2019 in Providers

high ping and packetloss

! hbg-bb4-link.telia.net ping 50
! adm-bb4-link.telia.net 51
! adm-b3-link.telia.net 52
! vultr-ic-313751-adm-b3.c.telia.net 52

at first seems like a good ping and everything is well, but its not
used to have stable 40 ping, now im getting 45 and 45 spikes to 55 with up to 100% packetloss, this happening on most of my euro servers, why no one is responsible for nothing if its being messed up so much

! why is there being used equipment from 1970s or something, as a 20 billion dollar company you would expect they get something better

! why no one is responsible for nothing if its being messed up

! why is there so bad infrastructure, i cant get even 30-40 pings to netherland or germany servers [anymore]

! if something was changed somewhere, and people at HIGHEST Telia support doesnt even bother acknowledge the issue

! [ i dont know what the hell was changed, but something was changed, my servers stay always on same location]

! why cant this simple thing be changed, as it was

! why i pay for this [good question] if i cant get nothing out of it, enjoy, or play lag free games

! how can my ping go from 36-40 to 55 spiking with packetloss, what the hell is going on, and nobody knows nothing hah? im not living billion km away to get this ping and packetlosse

! why cant my routing be changed to most minimal pingtimes as it was the first time

---------- GOD HELP US ALL, if we cannot do the simple things --------------

• if we are out of experts, then close Telia who cant or dont want to help

• just how long ive been dealing with this problem !PAYING FOR NOTHING

• and helping service is like im asking a lottery jackpot [0]

going THRU THOSE awful ROUTES LIKE THESE WHAT CAUSES IT

! hbg-bb4-link.telia.net
! adm-bb4-link.telia.net
! adm-b3-link.telia.net
! vultr-ic-313751-adm-b3.c.telia.net

Comments

• twiigltwiigl Member

LOLcow

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider

@vasakulejaparemale alustuseks kontakti telia klienditeenindusega :) I assume you are talking about Telia Estonia? there are multiple telia branches. telia Estonia being one of those. there is also telia carrier which is responsible for international network. I suggest you first make sure the ASN which gives you the packet loss and then look forward. doing ip whois is helpful to find the necessary contacts. PS. LET is not telia helpdesk,if you know what I mean :)

• ey, done all that 5 year old stuff

called, writed 1000 times [literally]

we have done everything our part majority of things

! new routers
    ! new cables
    ! optimized routers on/off
    ! isp done port changes, port openings
    ! technician came to home, all good

since im not a total strangers to computers, i keep my pc very optimized/tweaked, every single detail is very important to me, and i feel even diffrence when there is 1-2% packetloss

also this guy from other experts forum said

[There is nothing you can do about this. This is deep in the telia network. You would need to get to their upper tier support guys even if you have pinpointed a issue. This is very hard because these guys do not want to bother talking to all the idiots who "think" they know how routing works.]

[They likely would not even talk to me and I held the top cisco CCIE cert for more than 15yrs before I retired. When I called ISP for work stuff I used to use my contact with people I used to work with that now work for the ISP to get me a contact who would talk to me. The only reason I could talk to these high level guys was because someone they trusted told them I really did know what I was talking about.

[PS. LET is not telia helpdesk,if you know what I mean] - yea i know im just letting the problem be known, its such a effin joke omfg

• Does all of your outgoing traffic go through those hops? What's your ping to 216.66.80.162, 216.66.86.122, or 216.66.87.14? I might be able to find you a solution if those ping times are good.

• edited July 2019

• edited July 2019

yep, the packetloss has gone down, for a week or so now, but its always diffrent
    but ping is still 45 compared to stable 40 and its spiking to 55 and lags are still unbelivable

• edited July 2019

ive been writing to everywhere lol, just yesterday ping went on all euro servers up to 50, first time... today its again 45, and some servers are left still with 50,

[ it all used to be 40, on my servers, it all changed oneday just out of nowhere ]

• effin 20 billion dollar company will do absolutly nothing, the so called experts doesnt even acknowledge it, because they dont want to talk to [so called all the people, who think how routing works - well let me tell you this, this is 10000000000000000% and more their problem, ive done everything in my part, and they just dont give a fuck, let them effin close that company if they cant fix or do nothing about it
  • edited July 2019

this ip [216.66.80.162] one looks most lowest ping, conradrock

i mean those ips where i play looked good also, [ i dont know what the hell was changed that made so drastic changes, i just want it as it was or better!

• What you can do, if you're not getting any packet loss to Poland (216.66.80.162), is signing up for an IPv6 tunnel from HE.net and route your traffic over IPv6. If you have apps that need native IPv4 support, you can do a IPv6 to IPv4 conversion once you're past all the noise. The Tunnel from HE is free.

• edited July 2019

im not that big of an expert video would be nice:P, ur the only one who told me this, how is this even done, why my isp not telling me this or doing this for me or what the hekk
    they say you cant do nothing abour routing or we cant change this because this is out of our network

• edited July 2019

but what if i talk this about my isp? will they do anything?

i sent this to my isp also, let me see what they are answering, last time i talked to some type of an expert also, cant do nothing cant do nothing, haha everyone talk so damn diffretnly same as this guy

[There is nothing you can do about this. This is deep in the telia network. You would need to get to their upper tier support guys even if you have pinpointed a issue. This is very hard because these guys do not want to bother talking to all the idiots who "think" they know how routing works.]

and you say, there is a way

why in the hell absolutley everybody talk so diffrently about this lol

• i did the routing tunnel, and i cant see any changes, the routing paths are same, pings are same, dunno if i did anything wrong though.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Hamburg - London almost 100 ms, hahahaha, I can understand your frustration.

@vasakulejaparemale said:

Probably not, estonia and the other baltic countries aren't exactly largest priority markets (read: your providers position, even if he really cared, highly likely isn't strong).

Similarly, no matter how anal you are wrt to your system being optimally configured, your system is but one single node on the world wide network.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2019

There is this thing called VPN which can help you take another route and prevent you from having this issue.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2019

We don't have many issues with Telia.

Looking at your screenshots, nothing points to Telia being shit in this case.
    Seeing as the jitter occurs on first hops, it's your home ISP's fault.

Note that 100% packetloss doesn't necessarily mean "bad connection", it just means the hop in question is not answering ICMP packets.
    There's nothing wrong with seeing packetloss in traceroutes as long as the destination/final IP is fine.
    I would suggest reading about how traceroutes work first.

https://datapacket.com/blog/mtr-diagnose-network-issues/

Thanked by 2jsg magicvpn
  • ping spikes still continue, nothing is stable
    ^ packetloss for now have been 0% for week or two, but that doesnt matter at all
    still unplayable, why they route me through their own routers and address what causing it then such as

hbg-bb4-link.telia.net
    adm-bb4-link.telia.net
    adm-b3-link.telia.net
    vultr-ic-313751-adm-b3.c.telia.net

and whatever more they are sudden jump comes around poland - germany

vpn does not help @ all, only increases ping any game i play

all i know is ping was good before [ no servers location changed]
    1 year or more now [ping is diffrent with ping spikes, and huge packetloss], packetloss now gone away but cant play nothing with this shit! thats it.

i already know i cant do fucking nothing about it so gg

• edited July 2019

why i cant have similar to that route for an example , look how that ping goes smooth, without not big jumps, my screenshot it goes 28 to 45, but actually it even goes more cause it spikes
    id just like to get it changed, but ye what u gonna do..

• my apologies for being a rookie on this routing topic, it was just fine for like 10-15 years
    then one day [BOOM] higher ping with ping spikes and PL sweet, no help no fix doesnt matter what you do, il guess ima b waiting for it to go normal again... maybe in 5-10 years, oh damn damn damn unbelivable.

• @vasakulejaparemale said:
    my apologies for being a rookie on this routing topic, it was just fine for like 10-15 years
    then one day [BOOM] higher ping with ping spikes and PL sweet, no help no fix doesnt matter what you do, il guess ima b waiting for it to go normal again... maybe in 5-10 years, oh damn damn damn unbelivable.

You could setup wireguard tunnel with some local carrier that has better routing or post [email protected] about problems with your Connection.

• estnocestnoc Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2019

@jsg said:
    Hamburg - London almost 100 ms, hahahaha, I can understand your frustration.

@vasakulejaparemale said:

Probably not, estonia and the other baltic countries aren't exactly largest priority markets (read: your providers position, even if he really cared, highly likely isn't strong).

Similarly, no matter how anal you are wrt to your system being optimally configured, your system is but one single node on the world wide network.

in Estonia, we have Telia Eesti AS3249 and majority of their international transit goes through Telia carrier AS1299. in case OP contacted Telia Estonia, he wont get any help regarding the international routing. OP should be contacting Telia Carrier instead. so, this largest priority market thing is not relevant in current case :)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

I don't see anything wrong with the many trace routes you're presenting here.

Thanked by 2FHR masteri
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Truth does not matter to OP. He is determined that Telia is shit, period.

• You damn fucking right i think Telia is shit only on that routing problem what they gave me

Again

1) it was okay [was no problem for 15 years] one day, take this ping spikes makes half my games unplayable

2) Truth would be only thing for me that matters, ive writing it like that, because ive been dealing this with almost 1.5 years

3) as we know [THEY DONT GIVE A FUCK], becuase its all about money, or as being said

• oo its not relevant,
      *i broke my toe nail, cant go and see whats going on
      *my boss said i cant do anything about this, write him back, u tried best u can
    • we did our [best], but behind the scenes [YOU DID ABSOLUTLY FOOKING NOTHING]
    • and you cant do shit, becauses ur just a costumer service, who can only help people whos facebook or youtube is not working
    • for fuck sake, i understand the real ones cant or wont deal with this, because they have better things to do, than helping someone who cries about [higher ping, ping spikes and packetloss]

but thats not gonna help whatsoever, so ye Telia is shit on that routing problem what ive been getting, because all my other mates in my close country , finland , sweden , norway, germany, netherland , austria have no problem to those server [ SO GOOD FUCKING GAME BOYS...............

• edited July 2019

that screenshot is done today

• notes to take [packetloss] has been gone down bigtime, but already for 1-2-3 weeks period of time [but that doesnt mean dogshit]

• as you see ping spikes remain, as i keep testin it daily it goes 70/80/90 and i saw 105 also [ping used to be stable 40-42], and the game i play i need stability like it was, lowkey i could go on about this for years, but dont bother, it just needs to be as it was.

• @vasakulejaparemale said:
    high ping and packetloss

! hbg-bb4-link.telia.net ping 50
    ! adm-bb4-link.telia.net 51
    ! adm-b3-link.telia.net 52
    ! vultr-ic-313751-adm-b3.c.telia.net 52

at first seems like a good ping and everything is well, but its not
    used to have stable 40 ping, now im getting 45 and 45 spikes to 55 with up to 100% packetloss, this happening on most of my euro servers, why no one is responsible for nothing if its being messed up so much

! why is there being used equipment from 1970s or something, as a 20 billion dollar company you would expect they get something better

! why no one is responsible for nothing if its being messed up

! why is there so bad infrastructure, i cant get even 30-40 pings to netherland or germany servers [anymore]

! if something was changed somewhere, and people at HIGHEST Telia support doesnt even bother acknowledge the issue

! [ i dont know what the hell was changed, but something was changed, my servers stay always on same location]

! why cant this simple thing be changed, as it was

! why i pay for this [good question] if i cant get nothing out of it, enjoy, or play lag free games

! how can my ping go from 36-40 to 55 spiking with packetloss, what the hell is going on, and nobody knows nothing hah? im not living billion km away to get this ping and packetlosse

! why cant my routing be changed to most minimal pingtimes as it was the first time

---------- GOD HELP US ALL, if we cannot do the simple things --------------

• if we are out of experts, then close Telia who cant or dont want to help

• just how long ive been dealing with this problem !PAYING FOR NOTHING

• and helping service is like im asking a lottery jackpot [0]

going THRU THOSE awful ROUTES LIKE THESE WHAT CAUSES IT

! hbg-bb4-link.telia.net
    ! adm-bb4-link.telia.net
    ! adm-b3-link.telia.net
    ! vultr-ic-313751-adm-b3.c.telia.net

high ping.maybe low bandwidht or local ISP,OR software on your server

• edited July 2019

i am being in touch with isp daily thats what came yesterday

1) I confirm that Telia will not hold your packages, but also do not prioritize your traffic compared to other packages

traceroute to 45.76.81.207 (45.76.81.207), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets

1 *

2 kjj-bb3-ae-2-0.ee.estpak.ee (194.126.123.0) 12.848 ms à Server locates in Estonia ping is good

3 war-b2-link.telia.net (213.248.99.34) 27.535 ms à server locates in Poland, server availability and traffic is not Telia manageable

4 ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (213.155.134.212) 44.806 ms à server locates in Germany, specifically already Poland and Germany server, is not Telia manageable, ping depends specifically on load, jne

5 ffm-b12-link.telia.net (62.115.142.5) 44.584 ms à server locates also in Germany, same story ping does not change because servers locates in same country

6 vultr-ic-312911-ffm-b12.c.telia.net (62.115.58.22) 45.092 ms à server locates again in Germany, Telia cant control that

7 *

8 *

9 45.76.81.207.vultr.com (45.76.81.207) 45.064 ms, again locates in Germany

2) they writed this aswell some while back

Perhaps, as you can see from your own tracerout, a significant increase in ping occurs outside Poland between Poland and Germany. Unfortunately, the answer remains the same - , we do not have the ability to manage the speed, load and other parameters of servers in any other country without the power of any other service provider.

My local ISP is Telia if somebody missed that

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I hope for you that massive - albeit senseless - venting is helping you. Frankly, though, I doubt it.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@jsg said:
    I hope for you that massive - albeit senseless - venting is helping you. Frankly, though, I doubt it.

Please, let's be more supportive. The man is (justifiably) pissed cause he can't play his tetris with all this f*cking lag.

• YES FUCK!