Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-July 4 - Dedicated Hybrids, Huge Storage VPS, Promo Resource Pool, Dual Storage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pre-July 4 - Dedicated Hybrids, Huge Storage VPS, Promo Resource Pool, Dual Storage

Comments

• @HostDoc said:
    Here is a bench of our new SG4
    @vimalware Did you get the email regarding migrations?

Already ticketed for no-disk-migration-required #854465
    Vm powered off.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited July 2019

Very nice new node SG4.
    0-1% cpu-steal when performing the initial lengthy dist-upgrade ( rebooted after ISO installation on LUKS on HDD)

I guess node isn't even half loaded yet.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @willie said:
    But it seemed awfully expensive for low end virtualization.

Just noticed this comment. I guess you have not seen our Gold then? Those E7 prices are nothing.

As requested and the best I could get with time available, here is a serverscope. Hope it is sufficient.

Test results for E7-4870 at HostDoc Hosting

Server specs:

80 × Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7- 4870 @ 2.40GHz
    504 GB RAM / 106 GB disk space
    Centos 7.6.1810 Core

Benchmark results summary:

UnixBench - 7056.2
    Disk Read - 6974 MB/s
    Disk Write - 1017 MB/s
    Bandwidth - 530.57 MB/s

More: https://serverscope.io/trials/493r

• nullnotherenullnothere Member
    edited July 2019

Hey @HostDoc - Happy Birthday! May you have many more sales and make us low end cheapskates happy. While we may not pay much, you can bet you'll have our best wishes. Despite what everyone else assumes, we're a bunch of good folks here.

It seems like soon you'll be going live with your Kansas City MI location, which per your post has 1 IPv4 + /64 IPv6. Will you be supporting reverse DNS for both IPv4 AND IPv6 in this location at least?

I hope there's a special Doc's Birthday special - maybe a really special low end VPS to help the medicine go down... (and help the tightwads open their wallets!).

Thanks in advance.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • Aye, Happy Birthday to Doc!

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @nullnothere said:
    I hope there's a special Doc's Birthday special - maybe a really special low end VPS to help the medicine go down... (and help the tightwads open their wallets!).

I wholly support this! :lol:

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • Happy bday doc. No funds left, so just best wishes.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • Happy Birthday!

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited July 2019

You need meds I hear?!!
    Well, it is a special day over here at the practice. So, why dont I make it special for you lovely folks also.

@nullnothere Kansas has already gone live :blush: and all pre-orders have been provisioned.

Here is a limited special for you fine folks..

Birthday Splash

4vCores @ 2.4Ghz
    6GB RAM
    40GB SSD
    Unmetered @ 1gbps
    Nested Virt
    1 IPv4
    /64 IPv6
    Internal IP (Optional)
    Kansas

Order Here
    Test IP
    £4.99/m | £53/y

4vCores @ 2.4Ghz
    6GB RAM
    50GB HDD
    Unlimited @ 100mbps
    Nested Virt
    1 IPv4
    Singapore

Order Here
    Test IP
    £5.99/m | £65/y

• Thank you @HostDoc - I don't (yet) have a need for such a high powered VM out of Kansas City. I will probably look at adding a small low end one in the near future.

Will you be supporting reverse DNS for both IPv4 AND IPv6 out of your Kansas City location?

• @nullnothere said:
    Thank you @HostDoc - I don't (yet) have a need for such a high powered VM out of Kansas City. I will probably look at adding a small low end one in the near future.

Will you be supporting reverse DNS for both IPv4 AND IPv6 out of your Kansas City location?

@nullnothere said:
    Thank you @HostDoc - I don't (yet) have a need for such a high powered VM out of Kansas City. I will probably look at adding a small low end one in the near future.

For IPv4, definately.
    I will need to confirm for IPv6.
    We have a £1/m (£12/y) plan in Kansas also on our sales site if interested.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • CoffeeCoffee Member

HostDoc said: Singapore

What CPU used on this node? Thinking to buy another SG VPS because I still idling my SG3, waiting for maintenance :confused:

• @Coffee said:

HostDoc said: Singapore

What CPU used on this node? Thinking to buy another SG VPS because I still idling my SG3, waiting for maintenance :confused:

I can move you there until maintenance over if you'd prefer?
    It is a Xeon E5-2640v4

• CoffeeCoffee Member

I just buy that deals, I think I'd like to keep both for now.
    But it seems that I got wrong location; IP 185.x.x.x is not in Singapore. Will open a ticket, thank you.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • riotriot Member

@HostDoc , I'm interested in the Resource Pool package, except... I have no real interest in having a resource pool. Is there any chance of giving you back one of the IPv4s in exchange for an extra GB of RAM? ie, 2vcore/2GB RAM/1 TB HDD/1 IPv4 $7/m

• @riot said:
    @HostDoc , I'm interested in the Resource Pool package, except... I have no real interest in having a resource pool. Is there any chance of giving you back one of the IPv4s in exchange for an extra GB of RAM? ie, 2vcore/2GB RAM/1 TB HDD/1 IPv4 $7/m

Sure,I can do that.

Thanked by 1riot
  • @HostDoc, I believe someone already mentioned it, but to avoid confusion, you should not write that these servers are in Kansas. They are Kansas City, which is in the state of Missouri.

I realize it's very minor, and that Kansas City is right on the border of the two states, but it's better to be accurate. :smiley:

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@HostDoc Happy Birthday. May your buttock injections always be pleasant.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @aj_potc said:
    @HostDoc, I believe someone already mentioned it, but to avoid confusion, you should not write that these servers are in Kansas. They are Kansas City, which is in the state of Missouri.

I realize it's very minor, and that Kansas City is right on the border of the two states, but it's better to be accurate. :smiley:

Apologies. Will do so going forward.

• riotriot Member

I'm just signing up and noticed that the Terms of Service page is 404. Linked at the "I have read and agree to the ToS" section of the complete the order page.

https://clientsarea.hostdoc.co.uk/terms-of-service

• HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited July 2019
  • Working over here

• LvivLviv Member
    edited July 2019

DONT BUY THIS SHIT FROM A SHIT MAN!

• It's offline for me too.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

Working here

• @SirFoxy said:

It's offline for me too.

This is very weird.
    https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/kansastip.hostdoc.co.uk
    Seems like a DNS issue. I will look into it.

• @HostDoc said:

@SirFoxy said:

It's offline for me too.

This is very weird.
    https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/kansastip.hostdoc.co.uk
    Seems like a DNS issue. I will look into it.

I'm from Kansas so idk lol

• uptimeuptime Member

HostDoc said: Seems like a DNS issue. I will look into it.

I don't think it's DNS. See ticket #392927 for some details.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • LvivLviv Member

first, he was ok, maybe, and then he said good luck to me

he can post a chat story if he has bolls, I don't have screenshots