Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raspberry Pi colocation - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raspberry Pi colocation

124»

Comments

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2019

spectraip said: We can offer colocation for your Raspberry Pi.
    Price per year is € 48.00, setup fee € 15.00.

Included:

100 Mbps uplink
    1 IPv4 address
    Datacenter: Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
    Network: SpectraIP (AS62068)

They continue to omit this when they advertise prices, so ill give them a hand:

Do note if you pay with Paypal there will be a fee for using, they charge the end user something both a percentage of the payment and an additional fee on top. So you may want to take this into consideration when you consider the cost.

@spectraip would really appreciate it if you would be honest and up front about this instead of making me follow you around like a toddler. Even better, maybe remove the fee?

• Didn't think you were allowed to charge a fee for accepting PayPal?

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited November 2019

lurch said: Didn't think you were allowed to charge a fee for accepting PayPal?

Who cares? Like said earlier, 99% of Dutch hosters charge for using a specific payment method other than a free SEPA Bank Transfer / "Incasso". I personally really like them trying to be transparent instead of just hiding the fee at a higher product price (yes... you are paying the fee one way or another).

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2019

@RickBakkr said:

lurch said: Didn't think you were allowed to charge a fee for accepting PayPal?

Who cares? Like said earlier, 99% of Dutch hosters charge for using a specific payment >method other than a free SEPA Bank Transfer / "Incasso". I personally really like them >trying to be transparent instead of just hiding the fee at a higher product price (yes... >you are paying the fee one way or another).

I care, for multiple reasons! The most important of which is that they CONTINUE to fail to disclose this in their advertising. You say they are transparent, but really if that was their goal they would state it up front when they advertised the price, since, I would bet big money, MOST (read: not all) people from here going there are using PayPal. So to leave this out and only be made aware of at checkout is quite disingenuous at the very least.

Additionally, IT IS against PayPal's policy as what they do actually discourages people from using PayPal as NO other payment form on their site requires such a stupid fee to be tacked on. It would maybe be slightly more acceptable if it wasn't the only payment form having an extra fee, but even then, there is no logical reason not to disclose this up front unless your goal is to mislead the purchaser by telling them one price and the price being completely different at check out time.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• PayPal TOS:

Thanked by 2TheLinuxBug MarkLuun