Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Raspberry Pi colocation - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Raspberry Pi colocation

Comments

• @freerangecloud said:
    Hmm, I could probably do something with USB-based storage, if you wanted to send a USB HDD I could attach it to a KVM instance. I don't have any chassis' with a large number of bays floating around unfortunately.

This is interesting: a fast SSD based KVM with high-capacity secondary storage.

• Is there any hosting provider offering colocation for raspberry pi's?in some kind of datarack at a proper data center?

• @FiroSolutions said:
    Is there any hosting provider offering colocation for raspberry pi's?in some kind of datarack at a proper data center?

picolocation.com is available, if anyone want to do it

• @StackpointerSolution said:

@FiroSolutions said:
    Is there any hosting provider offering colocation for raspberry pi's?in some kind of datarack at a proper data center?

picolocation.com is available, if anyone want to do it

Site aint working

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@FiroSolutions said:

There isn't a huge amount of companies doing this at the moment, some which mostly try to sell you their own hardware itself.

We have been testing out some options for it, however it will take quite a few months before we have a real process in place. Most likely it will be charged for yearly or longer to make it worth wild.

Mostly due to needing a solid racking solution that can hold them in place and power everything up without taking a large amount of rack space up.
    If we see a lot of interest in this we might speed up the project a bit more for now it's just some in house testing mostly.

• @PureVoltage said:

@FiroSolutions said:

There isn't a huge amount of companies doing this at the moment, some which mostly try to sell you their own hardware itself.

We have been testing out some options for it, however it will take quite a few months before we have a real process in place. Most likely it will be charged for yearly or longer to make it worth wild.

Mostly due to needing a solid racking solution that can hold them in place and power everything up without taking a large amount of rack space up.
    If we see a lot of interest in this we might speed up the project a bit more for now it's just some in house testing mostly.

So i can Be Part of beta testing?

• citrixcitrix Member

love to see something in .UK for this :)

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@Learntolive said:

So i can Be Part of beta testing?

Not at this time, we are just doing things in house first to make sure it's something that would be worth doing for clients. Don't want it to turn into a shit show and not be great for customers. :)

• If Canada interests you, I can do something in Ottawa or Toronto for fairly cheap.

• @MikeAtBun said:
    If Canada interests you, I can do something in Ottawa or Toronto for fairly cheap.

Give me deal ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค” btw where is your provider tag

• @Learntolive said:

@MikeAtBun said:
    If Canada interests you, I can do something in Ottawa or Toronto for fairly cheap.

It's on Discord, can do:

100mbps, 100G storage via NAS, $7 CAD per month.

• @MikeAtBun said:

@Learntolive said:

@MikeAtBun said:

It's on Discord, can do:

I pass "discord" deals, when you get provider tag feel free to offer

• kozikozi Member
    edited July 2019

@freerangecloud said:
    if you wanted to send a USB HDD I could attach it to a KVM instance.

this sounds interesting, what sort of price and spec?

@willie said:
    I wouldn't touch Delimiter (who?) with a 10 foot pole these days but the product was appealing.

I lost three drives to these guys, I've been trying to get a response from support for almost a year now :( nothing...

• @Learntolive said:

@MikeAtBun said:

@Learntolive said:

@MikeAtBun said:

It's on Discord, can do:

I pass "discord" deals, when you get provider tag feel free to offer

Somehow he has a provider tag on the LET discord

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

We would charge a $5/mo. for the hard drive ontop of our VPS price, so for instance our Egg plan would be $4.99 + $5 = $9.99

@kozi said:

@freerangecloud said:
    if you wanted to send a USB HDD I could attach it to a KVM instance.

this sounds interesting, what sort of price and spec?

@willie said:
    I wouldn't touch Delimiter (who?) with a 10 foot pole these days but the product was appealing.

I lost three drives to these guys, I've been trying to get a response from support for almost a year now :( nothing...

• Just sent My first Raspberry pi to prague, @freerangecloud The next one that arrives I Will ship it to USA, More providers? @cociu ?

• Gamma17 said: I did not personally use rpi after first terrible experience with rpi1

What happened?

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

This sounds like a fun project. Do you actually need 100Mbs unmetered?

We could do it in our locations near to us: Cluj-Napoca (GTS DC) or Bucharest (M24 7 DC).

In other locations, the cost of remote hands for installation would eat that yearly budget. :smiley:

Thanked by 1Learntolive
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

That's exactly my thought on colocating at such low price.

Providers aren't making any money from this.

@intovps said:

We could do it in our locations near to us: Cluj-Napoca (GTS DC) or Bucharest (M24 7 DC).

In other locations, the cost of remote hands for installation would eat that yearly budget. :smiley:

• @intovps said:

No I dont need unmeterered, do me offer ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿ˜‚ i order more of raspberry pi and ship you pre configured ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿ”ฅ

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

@Learntolive said:

@intovps said:

No I dont need unmeterered, do me offer ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿ˜‚ i order more of raspberry pi and ship you pre configured ๐Ÿค™๐Ÿ”ฅ

We'll have to consider the switch port and the power port that is taking.

Anyhow, what are you running on it? Anything fishy?

• @intovps said:

@Learntolive said:

@intovps said:

We'll have to consider the switch port and the power port that is taking.

Anyhow, what are you running on it? Anything fishy?

Debian Buster 10, openvpn / wireguard traffic.

Power Consumption is like: 250 mA (1.2W)

• @Janevski said:

Gamma17 said: I did not personally use rpi after first terrible experience with rpi1

What happened?

Single USB with semi-stable driver to communicate with outside world, 1usb->2usb+lan chip eating more power than SoC, board design/components used that lead to constant power/stability issues, armv6 SoC that basically required specifically compiled linux distro. Rpi1 was great because it made whole SBC idea popular, it also was usable for what it was basically designed - education, but the board itself, IMO was terrible. Within very short time a lot of much better/more practical Chinese SBC-s like cubieboard appeared.
    I ordered both versions back then, and while they definitely were fun to play around with neither of them was ever used for anything practical.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • These are good and the price of 3,14โ‚ฌ/ month for Pi colo is awsome:
    https://www.easyserver.at/serverhousing

Austria even dropped its data retention law, so i am running a TOR relay there.
    Traffic in unmetred.

Thanked by 2uptime Scottsman
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited September 2019

recently also noticed this nice offer from @TNAHosting in Chicago

from this thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/159968/6gb-ram-400gb-hdd-5-m-l5420-dedi-19-m-1u-rpi-colo-chicago-il/p1

Raspberry Pi Colocation
    * Colocation of 1 Raspberry Pi at our Chicago, IL location
    * Ability to include a 2.5" external hard drive
    * 5TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    * 1 IPv4 Address
    * $6/month

the order link given in that post is https://tnahosting.net/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=79&promocode=1I3I50GUWL

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • This one is nice too. Its based in CZ:
    https://shop.finaltek.com/

If you use my refferal link you directly support the TOR project, as i host more nodes with all incomming commisions:

https://shop.finaltek.com/aff.php?aff=15

Their price is about the same as the Easyserver price above.
    I think 35-40โ‚ฌ for a year of raspberry colo is a good value to see as standart. Fair in the sence that a traffic of more then 25 mbits in both directions is not used in most cases of diy boards. And power is about 7-10โ‚ฌ for the entire year.

• @intovps said:

I still got some boards left that need a colo service in an european DC.
    They will be set up running relayed traffic so unmetered traffic would be great.
    Please send an offer if you can still do that.

• kozikozi Member
    edited November 2019

@uptime said:
    recently also noticed this nice offer from @TNAHosting in Chicago

I'm hosting an rpi4 with TNAHosting in Chicago, they let you Colo a portable drive with it as well, so I have a 5tb Seagate for backups with mine, it's a great deal, everythings been great so far! I'd highly recommend these guys, I'm even contemplating another...

Thanked by 2uptime TNAHosting
  • spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2019

@Learntolive said:
    I Will ship the pie preinstalled,

Yearly offer least 100mbs and 1 ipv4

Max yearly price 60โ‚ฌ/ year

We can offer colocation for your Raspberry Pi.
    Price per year is โ‚ฌ 48.00, setup fee โ‚ฌ 15.00.

Included:

• 100 Mbps uplink
    • 1 IPv4 address

Datacenter: Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
    Network: SpectraIP (AS62068)

• @spectraip said:

@Learntolive said:
    I Will ship the pie preinstalled,

Yearly offer least 100mbs and 1 ipv4

Max yearly price 60โ‚ฌ/ year

We can offer colocation for your Raspberry Pi.
    Price per year is โ‚ฌ 48.00, setup fee โ‚ฌ 15.00.

Included:

• 100 Mbps uplink
    • 1 IPv4 address

Datacenter: Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
    Network: SpectraIP (AS62068)

@spectraip

I would be interested in your offer. Is the bandwidth traffic unlimited?