Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared/Reseller offers facilitated by cPanel - N̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared/Reseller offers facilitated by cPanel - N̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶

Comments

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@ViridWeb - you can do whatever you like with your business - but you can do it somewhere else.

This forum is not about what you perceive to be your special needs and priorities.

It's clear you have not read the several times your question petulant demand has already been asked and answered in this thread.

tl;dr: This forum is not for you. Have a nice day.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@uptime said:
    @ViridWeb - you can do whatever you like with your business - but you can do it somewhere else.

This forum is not about what you perceive to be your special needs and priorities.

It's clear you have not read the several times your question petulant demand has already been asked and answered in this thread.

tl;dr: This forum is not for you. Have a nice day.

Stop being a dick..
    And who the hell are you to decide if I'm belongs to this forum or not??

I'm not asking for any special treatment..
    I'm just wants to know how the cPanel hosting providers manages this situation..

First understand the issue then open your mouth..

• @ViridWeb said:

@uptime said:
    (flagged)
    Don't be a dick.
    Also, don't be an idiot.
    kthxbye

Stop being a dick..
    And who the hell are you to decide if I'm belongs to this forum or not??

I'm just wants to know how the cPanel hosting providers manages this situation..

@ViridWeb flagged again for being three times dick.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2019

ViridWeb said: I'm just wants to know how the cPanel hosting providers manages this situation..

The price increases announced by cPanel simply do not work with the existing pricing that many providers offering services here. The temporary ban on offers was put in place until we see how it all plays out after providers start getting their new bills.

Because this is LET, many providers will have a modus operandi of CASH GRAB! They know they cannot afford to provide services going forward so grab the cash now, bailout later and run for the hills.

So, we sit, wait and see who runs, who survives because they can or adjusts pricing then providers can offer cPanel again.

It saves all the "why did you allow them to cPanel at $1 per year when you knew they could not afford it and have now shut down" type threads, although they will still come.

It is not managing the 'cPanel situation', it is simply that we know what some are going to do and the angry people that will be along in a few weeks time to blame everyone else for them losing money.

So, sit tight, wait and see how it plays out.

• @ViridWeb said:
    And who the hell are you

well ... I may or not be Yaman-fucking-tanka as far as you're concerned, my fine feckless friend :smiley:

special needs, special treatment ... potatoe potatoe ammirite?

by waiting for the dust to settle after September has come and gone

As an expert in the Dunder-Mifflin effect ... I am disappoint.

@Lee said:

ViridWeb said: I'm just wants to know how the cPanel hosting providers manages this situation..

The price increases announced by cPanel simply do not work with the existing pricing that many providers offering services here. The temporary ban on offers was put in place until we see how it all plays out after providers start getting their new bills.

Because this is LET, many providers will have a modus operandi of CASH GRAB! They know they cannot afford to provide services going forward so grab the cash now, bailout later and run for the hills.

So, we sit, wait and see who runs, who survives because they can or adjusts pricing then providers can offer cPanel again.

It saves all the "why did you allow them to cPanel at $1 per year when you knew they could not afford it and have now shut down" type threads, although they will still come.

It is not managing the 'cPanel situation', it is simply that we know what some are going to do and the angry people that will be along in a few weeks time to blame everyone else for them losing money.

So, sit tight, wait and see how it plays out.

Thank you so much Lee for your detailed response.

I just wanted this.. but these guys are abusing me don't know why..

Anyway, I will wait and till then I will test DA for few months..

Thanks again buddy.. Appreciate..:)

Thanked by 1Lee

@uptime said:
    by waiting for the dust to settle after September has come and gone

Bro I just wanted to know this..
    But guys just abusing me constantly..

Anyway nevermind.. maybe there are some misunderstanding..

Anyway good night..:)

• ViridWeb said: maybe there are some misunderstanding

indeed - if you take some time to read the thread, you might understand the response to:

and the abuse was all yours, really. Own it.

Have a nice day!

Thanked by 2ITLabs ViridWeb

@uptime said:

ViridWeb said: maybe there are some misunderstanding

indeed - if you take some time to read the thread, you might understand the response to:

and the abuse was all yours, really. Own it.

Have a nice day!

No bad feelings brother.. I accept..:)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • "I think it's reasonable to prevent cPanel offers being posted until at least then."
    "Ya you are right but still it's not fair to impose a blanket ban on cPanel."

"Don't know why everyone is forcely pushing for DA."
    "Anyway we will also start testing of DA"

Thanked by 3ITLabs uptime doghouch
  • @Mic-hael said:
    "I think it's reasonable to prevent cPanel offers being posted until at least then."
    "Ya you are right but still it's not fair to impose a blanket ban on cPanel."

"Don't know why everyone is forcely pushing for DA."
    "Anyway we will also start testing of DA"

Thanked by 2uptime MichaelCee
  • hzrhzr Member

ViridWeb said: I just wanted this.. but these guys are abusing me don't know why..

Please stop abusing the flag button due to your inability to read the first page - literally the first and third reply have reasoning

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2019

ViridWeb said: I just wanted this.. but these guys are abusing me don't know why..

Because you didn't read the thread before complaining. Everything that Lee told you has been said multiple times at various points in the thread, and so if you'd bothered to read the thread, you'd already understand what was going on. Instead, you demand that people repeat the answer for you.

Not only that, but you're coming into the thread complaining about how it's "unfair to providers" and continue to push that point. In case you hadn't noticed yet, this forum doesn't exist to serve providers, it exists to serve its users. Providers are permitted within certain bounds to advertise their services here. If you are told that you cannot advertise something, then you cannot advertise it, the end.

Your constant pushing about how unfair it is suggests that you have the impression that you have some sort of right to post here and get customers - but you don't. Your presence and ability to advertise on this forum is dependent on whether the users on the forum want you to be here or not. So I'd suggest that you stop treating this as a WHT-like advertising board, and start thinking about how you can contribute to the community.

Posting here - especially as a provider - is a privilege, not a right.

Edit: Also, if you are dependent on being able to post here to run your business - which it's starting to sound a lot like - then your business is doomed from the start.

• Uptime is a known troll here, why even argue with him? :P

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

Trolling for great justice ... the name of the game is:

be clever, or be gone

EDIT2: tittyfish

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • When i started my business I looked at the big names, plesk, cpanel...etc etc. I use virtualmin pro. best thing I have found for the price. They have their issues but at least they do not gouge their customers.

• @jvnadr said:

AnthonySmith said: I spent yesterday testing Direct Admin, it is just not the same product offering and I don't want to offer the poor alternative.

Can you post a side by side comparision on specs about those two panels and what DA is lacking regarding CP? That would be very useful.

The biggest thing i hate about DA is if you want to use ipv6 you have to enter them one at a time. You cannot put your /64 allocation into the panel and have it dole out ipv6 automatically to each account....at least as of the last time i checked(about a year ago) i check on them annually now to see if they have changed that.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@hescominsoon said:

@jvnadr said:

AnthonySmith said: I spent yesterday testing Direct Admin, it is just not the same product offering and I don't want to offer the poor alternative.

Can you post a side by side comparision on specs about those two panels and what DA is lacking regarding CP? That would be very useful.

The biggest thing i hate about DA is if you want to use ipv6 you have to enter them one at a time. You cannot put your /64 allocation into the panel and have it dole out ipv6 automatically to each account....at least as of the last time i checked(about a year ago) i check on them annually now to see if they have changed that.

Add it to the feedback thread and maybe @da_mark can fix it :)

Make it so an account can automagically get assigned a v6 at creation time would be cool. Or at least allow resellers to request more V6 get assigned to themselves.

Francisco

Thanked by 2DA_Mark eva2000
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I would propose we keep the ban in place until at least the end of 2019, and even then I would propose the ban on re-sellers remains.

• LeeLee Veteran

AnthonySmith said: I would propose we keep the ban in place until at least the end of 2019, and even then I would propose the ban on re-sellers remains.

Well, your no fun. So much Drama going to get missed out on :(

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

I hope this ban be permanent.

• does DA support addon domains under the domain, and cpanel to DA, how easy to transfer without issue, with email and everything

• Fuck off cpanel

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Dilstar said:
    does DA support addon domains under the domain, and cpanel to DA, how easy to transfer without issue, with email and everything

Yes.

The imports aren't perfect but they're always improving whatever bugs that come up.

Works pretty good.

Francisco

• Why you people doint give a try to CWP or CWP Pro (just $1.49 monthly), I am testing it and in my view its the best panel in free options, it has all the features of Directadmin.

• @sandykris said:
    Why you people doint give a try to CWP or CWP Pro (just $1.49 monthly), I am testing it and in my view its the best panel in free options, it has all the features of Directadmin.

No where near ready nor secure enough for everyday end user.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ ITLabs
  • @sandykris said:
    Why you people doint give a try to CWP or CWP Pro (just $1.49 monthly), I am testing it and in my view its the best panel in free options, it has all the features of Directadmin.

It's encrypted. Which IMHO for a free product is just stupid.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited September 2019

I say we expand the ban since CPanel buying out BuyCpanel is a dick move.

A better move would be making the ban permanent.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • @deank said:
    I say we expand the ban since CPanel buying out BuyCpanel is a dick move.

A better move would be making the ban permanent.

From: https://www.buycpanel.com/important-news-from-buycpanel/ :

The cPanel team has been very gracious as we discussed our options

They pretty much had no options as the new cPanel pricing basically eliminated their business.

• @donli said:
    From: https://www.buycpanel.com/important-news-from-buycpanel/ :

The cPanel team has been very gracious as we discussed our options