Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess Who's Back! | $2/year VPS! | Pennsylvania, Canada, Germany, Bulgaria, Finland - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Guess Who's Back! | $2/year VPS! | Pennsylvania, Canada, Germany, Bulgaria, Finland

Comments

• Any plans of restocking PEN or Canada?

• infoinfo Member

@Cam why you didnt add newer OS? like latest ubuntu lts or debian 9. when PEN will be added again? and Philly? in your comment said only PayPal payment? but PayPal isn't allowed in my location. can you change it. I can use credit card to pay. thanks.

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@arjunking said:
    Any plans of restocking PEN or Canada?

Stock will come available when old servers get canceled. Currently no plans for new nodes at this moment.

@info said:
    @Cam why you didnt add newer OS? like latest ubuntu lts or debian 9. when PEN will be added again? and Philly? in your comment said only PayPal payment? but PayPal isn't allowed in my location. can you change it. I can use credit card to pay. thanks.

Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian 9 don't have official templates provided from OpenVZ. Unfortunately, I am not accepting credit cards at this time due to frequent fraud and chargebacks.

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited July 2019

Who the hell is charging back on $2/yr deals? How low can people go, jeez lol

Thanked by 2vimalware Sofia_K
  • infoinfo Member

@Cam what about MasterCard debit? how people can be mean for just 2$/yr indeed.

@info said:

No credit or debit cards unfortunately.

• infoinfo Member

@Cam said:

@info said:

No credit or debit cards unfortunately.

Then add other alternative methods except PayPal, please. like Webmoney. it's similarly systems to PayPal. otherwise I can't pay/buy.

• williewillie Member

I used Visa and that worked ok. Is it shut off now? Hmm. Will have to figure something out.

@willie said:
    I used Visa and that worked ok. Is it shut off now? Hmm. Will have to figure something out.

Yes, it is disabled atm.

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited July 2019

Hey @Cam, are there plans to have some non-NAT vps deals?

@JohnMiller92 said:
    Hey @Cam, are there plans to have some non-NAT vps deals?

Not likely, at least not any time soon.

Thanked by 1JohnMiller92
  • Hi Cam, I clicked through on the Germany-128, but couldn't find a Ubuntu 16.04 template in the OS dropdown ( the other locations already have it).
    A debian 9.x would also be fine.

Will either be available as a re-install option in the panel , if I order germany-128?

@vimalware said:
    Hi Cam, I clicked through on the Germany-128, but couldn't find a Ubuntu 16.04 template in the OS dropdown ( the other locations already have it).
    A debian 9.x would also be fine.

Will either be available as a re-install option in the panel , if I order germany-128?

Currently, there is not. Our current servers in Germany have some bug that causes the DC's abuse system when using that template.

I do have a new DE server being setup for OpenVZ 7 which will support Debian 9 and hopefully will resolve the bug. There is no ETA set for this server however I would like to have it online and active in at least 3 weeks. I am going on vacation for the next 2 weeks so I should be able to get it up and running when I get back.

Thanked by 2vyas11 vimalware
  • vyas11vyas11 Member

@Cam have a good break.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • h1z1h1z1 Member

have a good vacation @Cam, highly recommended DC!

Thanked by 1Cam
  • Alright. Have a good one.
    Ovz7 does sound like it's worth the wait.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • @vimalware said: Ovz7 does sound like it's worth the wait.

Just FYI - I have quite happily upgraded a few OpenVZ6 (2.6.32 kernel) to run Debian 9 (as long as you remove is it malware...is it a virus... is it cancer...no it's systemd). I believe Debian 10 is a challenge due to some GCC issues - I've not yet had spare time to test this out.

Thanked by 2vimalware Cam
  • donlidonli Member

@Cam said:

I am going on vacation for the next 2 weeks

SysAdmins aren't allowed to go on vacation - what have you done with the real @Cam?!

Thanked by 2Cam yoursunny
  • Have a good break buddy, you deserve it!

Thanked by 1Cam
  • Anyone else's got blocked in China?

@razorblade said:
    Anyone else's got blocked in China?

It happens from time to time. Open a ticket, I can move you to a different location.

• I cannot reinstall OS after OVZ7 upgrade, in both SolusVM and Blesta. Trying to reinstall OS in SolusVM get me kicked out of Solusvm and I have to relogin again.

@lowfatgeek said:
    I cannot reinstall OS after OVZ7 upgrade, in both SolusVM and Blesta. Trying to reinstall OS in SolusVM get me kicked out of Solusvm and I have to relogin again.

Mind opening a ticket so I can take a look? Thanks!

• hey @Cam where are your OVZ7 offers?

@ehab said:
    hey @Cam where are your OVZ7 offers?

Currently only FIN is OVZ7 I think it’s pretty close to out of stock tho. DE will be next.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @Cam said:

@razorblade said:

It happens from time to time. Open a ticket, I can move you to a different location.

Will do, appreciate your gesture. Cheers!

Thanked by 1Cam
  • @Cam said:

@ehab said:
    hey @Cam where are your OVZ7 offers?

Currently only FIN is OVZ7 I think it’s pretty close to out of stock tho. DE will be next.

The OpenVZ6 grim reaper is approaching!

• psb777psb777 Member
    edited September 2019

@Cam said:

@lowfatgeek said:
    I cannot reinstall OS after OVZ7 upgrade, in both SolusVM and Blesta. Trying to reinstall OS in SolusVM get me kicked out of Solusvm and I have to relogin again.

Mind opening a ticket so I can take a look? Thanks!

You probably need to use ngx_http_realip_module and let SolusVM know the real client IP address. Otherwise Cloudflare connects from a different IP address every once in a while and SolusVM kicks the user out when it detects the IP change. Or disable this "security feature" in SolusVM (I don't know if it's possible). Or just let user accept the bad certificate on "ssh.solusvm.gullo.me".

• @Cam said:

@razorblade said:

It's a sensitive time in China. Don't know if the blocking can be reverted a month later.
    BTW mine is also blocked.

• When will deals end? Thanks.