Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting - New 32GB RAM KVM for $15.99/mo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting - New 32GB RAM KVM for $15.99/mo

Comments

• Could anyone who purchased, or OP, post (1 hop redacted) output of 'mtr - w lg.ams.nl.ultravps.eu'

• @angstrom said:
    @exception0x876: As a strategy around the $7 rule, just let @Neoon know about the deal and then he'll open a thread telling us, and then you can reply to the questions. :wink:

Or you know, just submit it to the mods and get their approval

• WolfWolf Member

Heya.

Any specific rules about utilization @exception0x876?
    Can I hammer it for longer durations? ;)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

AnthonySmith said: NEW RULE:

For Virtual servers with more than 2GB RAM, you may charge up to $25 p/month on LET.)
    Thanks.

I was not staff when I made that TROLL post :)

But fuck it, its a good deal let him have it, LET is a shower of **** these days anyway.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • imokimok Member

This should be available in US

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited June 2019

@vimalware said:
    Could anyone who purchased, or OP, post (1 hop redacted) output of 'mtr - w lg.ams.nl.ultravps.eu'

HOST: server                Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1.|-- 193.39.18X.XX         0.0%    10    0.2   0.2   0.2   0.2   0.0
      2.|-- 193.39.18X.XX          0.0%    10    1.2   1.2   1.1   1.9   0.2
      3.|-- unassigned.psychz.net  0.0%    10   18.9  16.6  11.6  24.1   3.7
      4.|-- 10.30.30.1             0.0%    10    0.8   0.9   0.7   1.6   0.4
      5.|-- 10.20.0.1              0.0%    10    1.3   1.4   1.2   2.2   0.3
      6.|-- 80.249.211.87          0.0%    10    1.7   5.8   1.7  41.0  12.4
      7.|-- 5.45.181.212           0.0%    10    1.9  21.3   1.8 154.4  48.5
      8.|-- 185.45.112.15          0.0%    10    2.2   2.2   2.1   2.4   0.1

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • niceboyniceboy Veteran

One of the killer deals on LET in recent past!

• hard to say if its a killer deal... lets give it a few weeks/months.

• It's definitely a killer deal.
    just in time to decide whether to drop a 19.99 eur/m online.net dedi.

• edfoxedfox Member
    edited June 2019

HOLY SHIT

@exception0x876 do you think it would be possible to bump up the disk to 150 or 200gb?

• Had three VPS with Wishosting so far in CA / FR and everything worked flawlessly plus they are one of the few who actually gave a f*ck answering all our questions regarding the latest Intel drama.

Would still be with them if we hadn't upgraded to bare metal because of new client requirements of no Intel CPUs for their services. Great deal. Great provider.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • Hello @exception0x876 ,

Is the RAM Dedicated?
    Thank you...

• black84 said: Is the RAM Dedicated?

What do you mean? I guarantee that you will be able to 100% of the allocated RAM. Unused RAM is wasted RAM, so why would anyone not overcommit it? So what's the difference between "dedicated" or "overcomitted", I really what to hear that from you.

• what if everyone needs all their RAM!?

• edfoxedfox Member

@JoeMerit said:
    what if everyone needs all their RAM!?

Ram compression and/or swapping to storage.

• @JoeMerit said:
    what if everyone needs all their

edfox said: Ram compression and/or swapping to storage.

That does not happen with responsible providers. There is always enough room left for a bursts for several users..

Don't be silly... With a few years of experience and constant monitoring a provider knows how much he can overcommit.

• edfoxedfox Member

@MrPsycho said:
    That does not happen with responsible providers. There is always enough room left for a bursts for several users..

Of course it doesn't happen. I just answered Joe's question.

• Any looking glass available?

• edfoxedfox Member

Fuck, tried to order but the BTC confirmation was taking ages and now they're gone

• @edfox said:

Fuck, tried to order but the BTC confirmation was taking ages and now they're gone

Maybe he can allow you on - you know, as an exception

• edfoxedfox Member

@teamacc said:

I also just set my Hetzner to cancel on the 20th just because "i'll get the wishosting one".

Silly me :^)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@teamacc said:

@edfox said:

He just oversells it a bit more, no worries.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@edfox said:

@teamacc said:

I also just set my Hetzner to cancel on the 20th just because "i'll get the wishosting one".

Silly me :^)

I will be cancelling some unpaid orders today so I might reserve a spot for you. Feel free to open a ticket.

• edfoxedfox Member

@exception0x876 said:
    I will be cancelling some unpaid orders today so I might reserve a spot for you. Feel free to open a ticket.

Opened a ticket. ID is 9867821.
    I have 45$ of credit from earlier so that should be enough

• edfoxedfox Member

Got it and made a benchmark!

https://serverscope.io/trials/q7n7

• @exception0x876 said:
    Hello,

We are introducing new KVM package - KVM SSD AMS. The quantity is very limited but more nodes will be provisioned later. Please see the full specs below

KVM SSD AMS

> 8 vCPU cores Xeon E5 2650Lv2
    > Unlimited CPU cores 1.9GHz Turbo
    > 

What does unlimited cores mean?

• @plumberg said:

@exception0x876 said:
    Hello,

We are introducing new KVM package - KVM SSD AMS. The quantity is very limited but more nodes will be provisioned later. Please see the full specs below

KVM SSD AMS

> > 8 vCPU cores Xeon E5 2650Lv2
    > > Unlimited CPU cores 1.9GHz Turbo
    > > 

What does unlimited cores mean?

Means the 8 vCPU cores are yours to do with what you wish.

• williewillie Member

Traditionally it meant they are shared cores and in cases of contention you get an equal share. The 2650Lv2 is an 8-core cpu so it would be interesting to know the configuration of the box. It is a safe bet that you are not getting a 2650Lv2 dedi for $16/m ;).

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@willie said:
    Traditionally it meant they are shared cores and in cases of contention you get an equal share. The 2650Lv2 is an 8-core cpu so it would be interesting to know the configuration of the box. It is a safe bet that you are not getting a 2650Lv2 dedi for $16/m ;).

10-core CPU* (the v1 is 8-core)

And presumably the vCPU's are, in reality, threads. So you're getting ~1/4 of the overall processing power of the host. CPUs are probably oversubscribed a bit, but regardless I doubt anyone will have issues maxing out their CPUs, when needed.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@MasonR said: @willie said:

10-core CPU* (the v1 is 8-core)

And presumably the vCPU's are, in reality, threads. So you're getting ~1/4 of the overall processing power of the host.

Wouldn't it be more like (shared) 40% of the overall processing power of the host?