Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Wishosting - New 32GB RAM KVM for $15.99/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting - New 32GB RAM KVM for $15.99/mo

exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
edited June 2019 in Offers

Hello,

We are introducing new KVM package - KVM SSD AMS. The quantity is very limited but more nodes will be provisioned later. Please see the full specs below

KVM SSD AMS

8 vCPU cores Xeon E5 2650Lv2
Unlimited CPU cores 1.9GHz Turbo
32GB ECC RAM
100GB SSD
Linux/Windows OS
Bandwidth 250Mbps
Traffic 2TB
1 IPv4
Location - Netherlands
Setup time up to 24 hours
Price - $15.99/mo
Link - https://www.wishosting.com/order/config/index/VPS/?group_id=2&pricing_id=112
«13

Comments

  • How? How do you do it? It just baffles me how you can still profit with $15.99/month VPS servers with half a node's worth of resources.

    Despite my curiosity, I must say this is one hell of a deal, though unfortunately I have no need for such a huge VPS right now.

  • Well i signed up for one! I will post benchmarks once it gets setup

    Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2019

    Just a big machine with 256GB or more memory.
    Also surely its oversold anyway by a few %%.

  • sanvitsanvit Member

    PHP SELEKTOR 5.2 OK?
    NESTED VIRT DISTRO SELEKTER OK?

    Seriously though, is nested virt enabled?

  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

    @Neoon said:
    Just a big machine with 256GB or more memory.
    Also surely its oversold anyway by a few %%.

    You're correct.

    @sanvit said:
    PHP SELEKTOR 5.2 OK?
    NESTED VIRT DISTRO SELEKTER OK?

    Seriously though, is nested virt enabled?

    Yes.

    Thanked by 2ehab sanvit
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

    @FlamesRunner said:
    How? How do you do it? It just baffles me how you can still profit with $15.99/month VPS servers with half a node's worth of resources.

    Despite my curiosity, I must say this is one hell of a deal, though unfortunately I have no need for such a huge VPS right now.

    Hetzner sells 256GB machines preconfigured for around 120€.
    Less then 0.50€ per GB.

    Sure the profit margin is not high, but still its there.
    Maybe he got a cheap deal on some hardware, who knows.

  • YuraYura Member

    He is insane.

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    Wait. Not to spoil the fun but no one noticed it is over the $7/m limit?

    Bring us the $7/m with same spec 🤣

    Thanked by 2angstrom plumberg
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

    @FAT32 said:
    Wait. Not to spoil the fun but no one noticed it is over the $7/m limit?

    Bring us the $7/m with same spec 🤣

    Oh damn it totally forgot it, sorry I'll replace it.

    Thanked by 1FAT32
  • FAT32 said: no one noticed it is over the $7/m limit?

    Nah cos its spicy

    Thanked by 1FAT32
  • edited June 2019

    AnthonySmith said: NEW RULE:

    For Virtual servers with more than 2GB RAM, you may charge up to $25 p/month on LET.)
    Thanks.

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    This doesn't seems to be updated in the main post in "Rules for selling"?

  • @FAT32 said:
    Wait. Not to spoil the fun but no one noticed it is over the $7/m limit?

    Aww. Don't you think it's more like a dedi? In the end it has nested virt enabled. We need more deals like this one!
    Suggestion: Offers below $0.7/GB should have no upper limit.

    Thanked by 2FAT32 Daniel15
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

    @FAT32 said:

    This doesn't seems to be updated in the main post in "Rules for selling"?

    I am confused now, should I replace it or not?

  • edited June 2019

    @FAT32 That is correct but maybe there should be some clarification from @trewq. A couple providers have pointed this out before. But I let them slide because it is a rule. But this is upto @trewq to decide really. @exception0x876

    Thanked by 2FAT32 exception0x876
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    @exception0x876 said:
    I am confused now, should I replace it or not?

    Sorry for the confusion, I would say you don't have to replace for now. In fact, the deal is very tasty and I will buy it if I have a project now.

    @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    FAT32 That is correct but maybe there should be some clarification from trewq. A couple providers have pointed this out before. But I let them slide because it is a rule. But this is upto trewq to decide really.

    If that's the case I am expecting more expensive deals coming on LET. Even DigitalOcean and other cloud providers fall under this category. But again I will let trewq to decide.

    @MrPsycho said:
    Aww. Don't you think it's more like a dedi? In the end it has nested virt enabled. We need more deals like this one!
    Suggestion: Offers below $0.7/GB should have no upper limit.

    Actually ya, or something like VDR, I like your suggestion tho.

  • sanvitsanvit Member

    How about total price should not go above $x/core + $y/GB RAM + $z/GB SSD + $w/GB HDD storage combined or $7/mo? It'll complicate the rules a bit but it'll bring more awesome deals like this one. Or just the ram like @MrPsycho mentioned

    Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

    Max price is $7/month as it has always been. However, this is an extremely good deal from a long time member - this offer will get a one time exemption.

    I think changing the $7/month rule is a whole different conversation. I'll start a new thread.

  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

    Now that's a deal.

    Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @sanvit said:
    How about total price should not go above $x/core + $y/GB RAM + $z/GB SSD + $w/GB HDD storage combined or $7/mo?

    That's... That's elusive. A CPU =/= CPU. Open a ticket with a provider with good consumer support and he will happily split your one core into dozens (impacting the performance). A CPU performance isn't measurable with number of cores. Also a drive =/= a drive. Think about the RAID, ZFS, caching systems. Besides, who is going to count that?
    Imo, only RAM amount is somewhat comparable. The rest should be left to evaluate by personal needs/feelings.

    Ehh shit, we are going off topic. To makeup for this - I've been a customer of wishosting for the past three years. No regrets.

    Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • sanvitsanvit Member

    @MrPsycho said:

    @sanvit said:
    How about total price should not go above $x/core + $y/GB RAM + $z/GB SSD + $w/GB HDD storage combined or $7/mo?

    That's... That's elusive. A CPU =/= CPU. Open a ticket with a provider with good consumer support and he will happily split your one core into dozens (impacting the performance). A CPU performance isn't measurable with number of cores. Also a drive =/= a drive. Think about the RAID, ZFS, caching systems. Besides, who is going to count that?
    Imo, only RAM amount is somewhat comparable. The rest should be left to evaluate by personal needs/feelings.

    Ehh shit, we are going off topic. To makeup for this - I've been a customer of wishosting for the past three years. No regrets.

    Yeah, that'd be fair since there are lots of variables in the real world ;)

  • corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited June 2019
    CPU model            : Intel Xeon E3-12xx v2 (Ivy Bridge, IBRS)
    Number of cores      : 8
    CPU frequency        : 1695.748 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 99.2 GB (2.9 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 32167 MB (175 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 0 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 3 min
    Load average         : 0.07, 0.08, 0.03
    OS                   : Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 4.15.0-51-generic
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 529 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 318 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 312 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 386.3 MB/s
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         110MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          7.53MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            13.6MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           108MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           106MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             16.3MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           12.0MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          8.79MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            92.5MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           8.27MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          6.70MB/s
    

    -

    Processor:    Intel Xeon E3-12xx v2 (Ivy Bridge, IBRS)
    CPU cores:    8
    Frequency:    1695.748 MHz
    RAM:          31G
    Swap:         -
    Kernel:       Linux 4.15.0-51-generic x86_64
    
    Disks:
    loop0   86.9M  HDD
    loop1   88.4M  HDD
    sda    100G  HDD
    
    CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        4.593 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        7.974 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        2.731 seconds
    
    ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 66.3 us / 80.0 us / 6.13 ms / 47.7 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 14.0 k requests in 5.00 s, 3.43 GiB, 2.81 k iops, 702.1 MiB/s
    
    dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    495.91 MiB/s
        2nd run:    291.82 MiB/s
        3rd run:    293.73 MiB/s
        average:    360.49 MiB/s
    
    IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    193.39.187.xxxx
    
        Cachefly CDN:         110.62 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        94.70 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   10.60 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      76.23 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         11.53 MiB/s
    
    No IPv6 connectivity detected
    
  • grope

  • Apart from idling what can one use this vps for? 32gb ram seems really nice

  • Good for high load "dedi" without the price tag

  • Op said e5 but bench e3 ?

  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

    @ben47955 said:
    Op said e5 but bench e3 ?

    This is the way QEMU shows the CPU in compatibility mode.

  • angstromangstrom Moderator

    @exception0x876: As a strategy around the $7 rule, just let @Neoon know about the deal and then he'll open a thread telling us, and then you can reply to the questions. :wink:

    Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Check PM :-)

  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2019

    You broke me. :open_mouth:

    Edit: oh, only saw the anemic transfer allocation now. :relieved: (does this actually look like a 'relieved' emoji)

    Thanked by 1plumberg
Sign In or Register to comment.