Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NSA broke into Yahoo, Google data centres: Report - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NSA broke into Yahoo, Google data centres: Report

2»

Comments

• @Frost they can just send all these pics to "dev/null as a service" and NSA will happily intercept the traffic and archive it for free :)

• c0yc0y Member
    edited October 2013

@rds100 said:
    Frost they can just send all these pics to "dev/null as a service" and NSA will happily intercept the traffic and archive it for free :)

Who says /dev/null isn't made by the NSA for the sole purpose of arching anything you upload to it :-)

/conspiracy

• @iexo said:
    It's shocking! WTH is going on!

Why is shocking? The U.S and its allies are always spying on everyone ,aren't they?

• @kyaky said:
    The U.S and its allies are always spying on everyone ,aren't they?

Replace "The U.S and its allies" with "Every nation on Earth".

• They are saying only criminals should be scared and looking for privacy :)

• That's just terrible, I wonder why this didn't make head line news. This is a photo of the head line in the German news papers this week.

• My concern is, every time data is duplicated it becomes twice as vulnerable to leaks, attacks and misuse. Now we know that nothing is 100% secure not even the NSA.

• @WebSearchingPro said:
    My concern is, every time data is duplicated it becomes twice as vulnerable to leaks, attacks and misuse. Now we know that nothing is 100% secure not even the NSA.

Agreed, I hope the NSA have changed SSH from port 22 and disabled password authentication! ;)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@iexo said:
    Agreed, I hope the NSA have changed SSH from port 22 and disabled password authentication! ;)

I believe NSA uses windows.
    Being a spy today means making sure you convince the administration to break the law and then use the precedents to bully carriers, ISPs and other service providers to give you the data or points of access where you can tap into it and receive copies in .docx format.

• @Microlinux said:
    Replace "The U.S and its allies" with "Every nation on Earth".

yep ... Every nation makes 911 illusion. and "liberate" people from dictators. you right

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@kyaky said:
    yep ... Every nation makes 911 illusion. and "liberate" people from dictators. you right

While US might consider stopping the spying on allies for now, they probably wont do it because besides the national security there is the economic interest.
    And I agree that everyone would spy should they have the opportunity, maybe not at the wholesale/everything level like US, but at a more local level, the budget is not an issue, with this kind of data it will always pay out in the end, imagine how much can pay Exxon for the data about the brazilian oil exploration or lockheed for info about how much the middle-east "democracies" are willing to pay for their products.
    All countries can pay almost any budget for spy activities if they get the right data with some change left to "follow" the people fighting for democracy and free speech.