Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LAX/MIA/NYCM] NO SETUP FEE + INSANE DEALS | 150TB BW | 10G Ports | Anti-DDoS | Instant Setup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LAX/MIA/NYCM] NO SETUP FEE + INSANE DEALS | 150TB BW | 10G Ports | Anti-DDoS | Instant Setup

MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

**** CLICK HERE FOR A FULL LIST OF SERVERS + FILTERS + ORDER LINKS ****

1 Gbps Port - FREE
10 Gbps Port - $19/m

150TB Bandwidth - FREE
1 Gbps Unmetered - $99/m
10 Gbps Unmetered - $899/m

DDoS Protection - Included

Configurable - (2 Cores)    Intel Atom D525 (Custom Config) 8GB DDR3 /  Configurable    $33.00/mo
Instant Setup - (2 Cores)   Intel Atom D525 (Rapid Deploy 8GB)  8GB DDR3 /  64GB SSD+1TB HD $33.00/mo
Configurable - (4 Cores)    Intel Core i5 4570 (Custom Config)  Configurable /  Configurable    $35.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Core i5 4570 (Rapid Deploy 16GB)  16GB DDR3 /     128GB SSD+2TB HD    $41.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Core i7 4790 (Rapid Deploy 16GB)  16GB DDR3 /     2TB HD  $48.00/mo
Configurable - (4 Cores)    Intel Xeon E3 1230 (Custom Config)  Configurable /  Configurable    $37.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1230 (Rapid Deploy 32GB)  32GB DDR3 /     64GB SSD+2TB HD $46.00/mo
Configurable - (4 Cores)    Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 (Custom Config)   Configurable /  Configurable    $39.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 (Rapid Deploy 8GB)    8GB DDR3 /  64GB SSD    $39.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 (Rapid Deploy 32GB)   32GB DDR3 /     256GB SSD   $50.00/mo
Configurable - (4 Cores)    Intel Xeon E3 1245 V2 (Custom Config)   Configurable /  Configurable    $38.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1245 V2 (RD 32GB SSD) 32GB DDR3 /     256GB SSD   $47.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1245 V2 (RD 32GB HDD) 32GB DDR3 /     2TB HD  $47.00/mo
Configurable - (4 Cores)    Intel Xeon E3 1270 V3 (Custom Config)   Configurable /  Configurable    $45.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1270 V3 (Rapid Deploy 8GB)    8GB DDR3 /  128GB SSD   $45.00/mo
Instant Setup - (4 Cores)   Intel Xeon E3 1270 V3 (Rapid Deploy 16GB)   16GB DDR3 /     64GB SSD+1TB HD $48.00/mo

Comments

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited June 2019

Great deals. This is something like 450mbit dedicated.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@vimalware said:
    Great deals. This is something like 450mbit dedicated.

Thanks.

It's a 1 Gbps dedicated port, 150TB will allow you to push nearly 500 Mbps 24/7 or you can push 1 Gbps x 12 hours a day.

The 10G port will allow you to burst to a full 10G anytime day or night.

• Can you please add test IP's and looking glass if you have any? Thx.

Test IPs are available on our network page. We don't offer a looking glass at this time.

https://www.reliablesite.net/network/

• ehabehab Member

when i say your name it sounds like

MrErotic

:)

@ehab said:
    when i say your name it sounds like

MrErotic

:)

Thanks....I think

• Jona4sJona4s Member
    edited June 2019

No "fair usage policy" for the 10G besides the 150TB limit?

@Jona4s said:
    No "fair usage policy" for the 10G besides the 150TB limit?

A "fair usage" policy is not a dedicated/unshared port. We provide 100% dedicated/unshared ports. Push it to the max anytime you want, its your port.

Thanked by 2sanvit miu
  • Have had one in NY and one in Miami, about to get on in LA.
    It is just... amazing! Connectivity is awesome, and 150TB for under $50??? Nobody can get even close to that, and I have talked to quite a few providers and getting quotes. I hope there are more locations coming soon (Like Atlanta, Chicago, TX).

Thanked by 1miu

@t0ny0 said:
    Have had one in NY and one in Miami, about to get on in LA.
    It is just... amazing! Connectivity is awesome, and 150TB for under $50??? Nobody can get even close to that, and I have talked to quite a few providers and getting quotes. I hope there are more locations coming soon (Like Atlanta, Chicago, TX).

Thank you for the great feedback.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

Be aware to anyone using their official speed test & test ips at http://speedtest.reliableservers.com/

This is not representative of the network your servers will be placed on (in NJ), your servers will be placed in QTS data center in NJ not Choopa.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@SplitIce said:
    Be aware to anyone using their official speed test & test ips at http://speedtest.reliableservers.com/

This is not representative of the network your servers will be placed on (in NJ), your servers will be placed in QTS data center in NJ not Choopa.

ReliableServers are a different company there, mate

Ah shit I need my coffee. Should have checked the results of "reliablesite looking glass" a bit better that explains it.

Thanked by 3miu MasonR skorous
  • YuraYura Member

@SplitIce said:
    Ah shit I need my coffee. Should have checked the results of "reliablesite looking glass" a bit better that explains it.

You provided unreliable information

Thanked by 2MasonR dedotatedwam
  • KrisKris Member

SplitIce said: This is not representative of the network your servers will be placed on (in NJ), your servers will be placed in QTS data center in NJ not Choopa.

Huh?

Look at the pictures of their DC, it's Choopa: https://www.choopa.com/overview/datacenter/

https://www.reliableservers.com/network/

This is no secret, a Google search will reveal the same. Or right click their DC image page and search and google will autopopulate 'vultr office'....

• KrisKris Member

Oh, you mistook the thread you were in, I did too. Whoops.

But those two other companies are related, no diss it's just almost all roads lead back to the same DC in Piscataway.

@Kris you are falling into the same trap as me, google is aggregating names. Different companies.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • As far as I know - one is owned by Choopa (reliableservers) and one is simply in a Choopa DC (reliablesite)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • KrisKris Member

t0ny0 said: As far as I know - one is owned by Choopa (reliableservers) and one is simply in a Choopa DC (reliablesite)

Yeah, that.

@Kris said:
    Oh, you mistook the thread you were in, I did too. Whoops.

But those two other companies are related, no diss it's just almost all roads lead back to the same DC in Piscataway.

The QTS data center is a very very large data center. 360,000 SQFT. There's a lot of really big name companies here....

https://www.qtsdatacenters.com/data-centers/piscataway

@t0ny0 said:
    As far as I know - one is owned by Choopa (reliableservers) and one is simply in a Choopa DC (reliablesite)

Choopa is in QTS....they don't have their own facility.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I'll share my experience with ReliableSite.Net so far.
    Get a coffee or cup of tea, this is good.

We were looking for a 10GbE Server in the east coast area for a while since we need to be able to push big files to multiple Clients in the US quickly.

When we saw the offer for a 10GbE Server in NY with 150TB Bandwidth included for $60 it was a no Brainer we wanted to give it a shot. The 100% SLA was a nice touch.

Their sales website was easy to navigate and had most of the info we needed during the ordering process. We went for a Core i5 Server with 2TB HDD and an extra SSD, plus a few extra IPv4s and their rapid deployment option.

When the server wasn't deployed an hour later we decided to open a ticket and ask if everything went correctly with the deployment.

About two hours later a CS representative sent a reply that they are looking into the problem and will get back to us shortly.

It took another three hours until they got back to us and told us that the deployment didn't go through properly and the server was stuck and they manually completed the installation.

So instead of 10 minutes the initial deployment took about five hours. You have to keep in mind this was between 8pm and 2am EST so the advertised 24/7 Support is a great thing to have.

On top of that they provisioned a i7-3770 instead of the i5, I guess as a sign of good will and for being sorry for the delay which I have a lot of respect for.

Their service also comes with not the most modern looking back-end but it does its job. The server also came with IPMI functionality you can enable for 24 hours free of charge if you need it.

So installing our custom ISO and setting up encryption was a breeze. When I finally started testing out the network I realized that I couldn't push more than 1Gbps. While troubleshooting potential causes I found out that the server had been deployed with two network cards, a 82579LM and 82579L.

According to the Intel Datasheet none of them provided 10GbE functionality. To be honest at that point I was pissed. So I opened up another ticket at 5am EST asking how we are supposed to make use of a 10Gbps port if the NICs don't support 10GbE functionality.

Within 40 minutes I got a reply that they'll be looking into it. 30 minutes later a Network test was scheduled. And the network test was done at 7.44am and took about 45mins. I guess that's the time the hands-on needed to install a 10GbE Nic but that's just speculation on my end. All I can say is the 10GbE Nic wasn't visible in the BIOS or OS before.

I decided to drive home from the office to have a nap and waited for the Network test to be finished. ReliableSite's got back to me at 2pm that the issue was found ( 10G Nic was not properly installed on the server ) and asked for root access to update the network config.

As I already had copied confidential data I had to get back up and didn't want to argue with Support why I don't give root access to our baremetal servers to 3rd parties once I have everything deployed, so I shredded those files over IPMI and gave them temporary root access. I'll see what they do on the machine and most likely set it up again from scratch later anyway.

At 6pm they got back to me that they are looking into the problem again and will be back with us shortly. Right now it's 1am and we are still without a functioning server.

Since I have to be up at 4am anyway I decided to get some coffee and write this while waiting for how long it will take for them to finally provision a working server with the promised 10Gbps functionality.

In the meantime my other three tickets about provisioning of IPv4 and IPv6 had been answered and all IPs have been provisioned ( ha, if only I could use them with a working server right now )

I've been in IT for over 20 years now, the whole thing got a few chuckles and laughs from me. I mean shit happens and we all make mistakes, but you only can leave a first impression once and if I hadn't spend so many hours writing tickets and updating info and they wouldn't have a no refund policy if would have for sure asked for one by now.

Because from experience, most of the time if the initial experience is that bad it only goes down from there. But I'll give them a chance to make up for it and prove that this was just an initial "hiccup".

There seem to be other customers on here who are quite happy with them so I am willing to look past this and give them a second chance.

So far what I can say.

• Website gives you all the necessary info to make an adequate buying decision even if it's not completely up to date ( you don't get a free /64 IPv6 Subnet any longer with them but can request as many IPv6 as you need free of charge, which is fine with me ). Also it should be stated somewhere that 150TB Bandwidth is counted as IN+OUT and not just Out like with many other providers just as easy accessible extra information.

• 24/7 Support really is 24/7 , friendly and professional.

• Price is really good, watch out for extra bandwidth charge at $25Cents / GB tho with 10Gbps.

• If someone orders a 10Gbps Port upgrade with their initial order and you don't give them the option to book a 10G NIC the client usually expects that the functionality will be available when he gets the service delivered.

• Out of the Box deployment needs to be worked on. Like I said you only have one shot at leaving a first impression and not everyone is as patient and understanding as I am.

I'll update this post with an update a few benchmarks once everything is delivered and working fine. Thanks for your time.

Thanked by 2desperand eva2000

EAgency said: Also it should be stated somewhere that 150TB Bandwidth is counted as IN+OUT and not just Out like with many other providers just as easy accessible extra information.

Unless otherwise stated that's normally the default. That's the very definition of paying for bandwidth.

EAgency said: $25Cents / GB tho with 10Gbps.

I wonder how many hours they would let you run for? Potentially $225/hour. hm.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited June 2019

EAgency said: $60 it was a no Brainer we wanted to give it a shot.

EAgency said: The 100% SLA was a nice touch.

EAgency said: We went for a Core i5

EAgency said: they provisioned a i7-3770 instead of the i5

EAgency said: offer for a 10GbE Server in NY with 150TB Bandwidth included for $60

EAgency said: I realized that I couldn't push more than 1Gbps

EAgency said: deployed with two network cards, a 82579LM and 82579L.

According to the Intel Datasheet none of them provided 10GbE functionality.

EAgency said: ffer for a 10GbE Server

EAgency said: no Brainer we wanted to give it a shot.

EAgency said: But I'll give them a chance to make up for it and prove that this was just an initial "hiccup".

Sir, I have for you very bad news.
    Your spouse is cheating on you, but because of strong cheap deal love you don’t see any very obvious reasons to start to get upset about this.

EAgency said: I've been in IT for over 20 years now, the whole thing got a few chuckles and laughs from me. I mean shit happens and we all make mistakes, but you only can leave a first impression once and if I hadn't spend so many hours writing tickets and updating info

Usually first impressions in personal my experience - correct.
    Yes, I understand different problems, they all happen from time to time for anybody.
    I hope you will get a good server. But the facts above saying just one thing personally to me:

Thanked by 1EAgency
  • EAgencyEAgency Member
    edited June 2019

SplitIce said: Unless otherwise stated that's normally the default. That's the very definition of paying for bandwidth.

I am not saying it's bad and usually it's what is expected unless stated otherwise like you said, just that it would be nice to be mentioned somewhere just to make sure ppl have all info they need readily available.

SplitIce said: I wonder how many hours they would let you run for? Potentially $225/hour. hm.

To be fair they will send you a notice when they expect you to go over your allocated BW.
    "If issued an expected to exceed bandwidth notification, clients are required to make payment arrangements within 24 hours of that notification to prevent possible service interruption until adequate arrangements are made."

As long as you have proper monitoring in place and/or know your needs 150TB is plenty of buffer.

thx @desperand you made my day :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback. We typically reach out to the customer within 24 hours to schedule a 10G NIC install.

I have passed this on internally and we'll be updating our documentation and adding more information on the initial order e-mail.

@EAgency said:

• Price is really good, watch out for extra bandwidth charge at $25Cents / GB tho with 10Gbps.

Can you shoot me a PM where you still see this? We don't charge overages, the port speed is reduced to 100 Mbps and it's switched to 100 Mbps unmetered.

https://support.reliablesite.net/kb/a276/unlimited-bandwidth-faq.aspx

• MrRadic said: Thanks for the feedback. We typically reach out to the customer within 24 hours to schedule a 10G NIC install.

I have passed this on internally and we'll be updating our documentation and adding more information on the initial order e-mail.

Appreciated. Thank you very much.

MrRadic said: Can you shoot me a PM where you still see this? We don't charge overages, the port speed is reduced to 100 Mbps and it's switched to 100 Mbps unmetered.

Done. And that is a very customer friendly solution. Thanks for clearing that up.

• EAgencyEAgency Member
    edited June 2019

As promised an update to my initial feedback. In the end it took about 2 days from order to finally getting a working server with 10GbE connectivity.

To be completely fair the server motherboard had to be changed, hardware defects can happen and it was unfortunate that it happened to us shortly after ordering that specific server, and it was no excuse, the Board was changed as visible in IPMI. So ReliableSite is not to blame for all of the initial problems we had.

Without much tuning the 10GbE port is pushing about 6Gbps constantly

With a bit of extra tuning and Jumbo Frames enabled on the switch I am sure it can be saturated. Overall besides the lengthy initial deployment time which ReliableSite is only partially to blame for we are quite happy with the current performance.

I think if you are looking for a 10GbE Server that is exceptionally well priced with a nice Bandwidth Buffer of 150TB and no Bandwidth overcharge fees you should give them a try.
    Just make sure you have a 10G Nic installed in your server when it's delivered if you order a 10GbE Port upgrade with it :wink:.

We are going to see how the rest of the month goes and if we'll stay or look for an alternative.

@EAgency said:
    Without much tuning the 10GbE port is pushing about 6Gbps constantly

You're actually being limited by the server you're downloading from. We have found it tough to find a test download server that can push a full 10G. We have a ton of 10G unmetered customers that max out their port regularly with no fine tuning.

Thanked by 2vimalware Kris