Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Transparency report] LEB offers and ColoCrossing locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Transparency report] LEB offers and ColoCrossing locations

Hello,

I've done a bit of research, by going through all offers posted on LEB in 2019 (5 months worth of offers). This is a grand total of 80 offers so far.

The results might be shocking to some, but could be expected by others.

Here's a quick rundown of the list of offers:

As you can see, on the surface it looks like the majority of the offers on LEB only list ColoCrossing locations (any provider offering locations other than the ColoCrossing ones is listed in the "other locations" category)

Out of the 80 offers on LEB in 2019, 68 are exclusively on ColoCrossing locations.

Out of the 80 offers on LEB in 2019, 71 include at least one ColoCrossing location.

When digging a bit further, and keeping in mind recent acquisitions by AlphaRacks (WootHosting, NFPHosting and HostMyBytes were all acquired by them), and looking at the current website of the providers in question, the following can be stated about the providers that had no ColoCrossing locations in their LEB offers:

The AlphaWootNFPBytes conglomerate (might be defunct) now includes ColoCrossing locations on their website.

TechVPS has offered ColoCrossing locations in older LEB offers, although they havent offered these locations on LEB in 2019.

HostFlyte offers ColoCrossing locations on their website, and has offered ColoCrossing locations on LEB in older offers, one of which was in 2019.

YourLastHost (and/or HostNamaste and/or HostKana) is offering ColoCrossing locations on their website and has done so in LEB offers prior to 2019.

So, out of the 80 offers listed on LEB in 2019, only one offer was from a provider that does not offer nor has it ever offered a ColoCrossing location. This is an offer by QuadraNet themselves.

Out of 80 offers on LEB, 79 are from providers offering ColoCrossing locations.

Out of 80 offers on LEB, 78 offer only USA locations. (The exceptions here are QuadraNet who offer a single Netherlands location, and YourLastHost, who offer a single India location).

This can be shown in a nice pie graph as well:

I will refrain from drawing any conclusions off of this data. I merely post it here in the interest of transparency.

Comments

• YuraYura Member

Thank you

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2019

Don't buy anything from LEB.. only LET offers are decent. If theres undecent one, it will either get roasted fast by the community or deleted by mods. This forum protects the customer from choosing a shit tier host.

Good pointer about choosing a host is first checking the offer thread and check if the OP is getting roasted or trolled.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • emghemgh Member
    edited June 2019

Thing is they never admit it or seem to want to change it either even though LEB is totally dying and it's suposed value is just getting lost. Is that what someone with a healthy mindset would do?

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

That's not surprising at all as you won't get listed / allowed to post offers there without being cc customer. But appreciated anyway

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • LEB and LET was exchange support backlink, why do you all starting make a drama, LEB sponsored by CC so it has been normally in business, you should beware with the providers who has responsibility aware with customers base or playing dirty.

• uptimeuptime Member

well now. Let me see if I understand this correctly.

There is LEB for shit-tier hosts ...

and here is LET for (some) even shittier customers

So just maybe it all balances out ...?

(And, thanks @teamacc for your diligent effort to keep it that way!)

• JackHJackH Member

Paging @CVPS_Chris... I did say he likes to use evidence

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited June 2019

Thanks.

teamacc said: I will refrain from drawing any conclusions

My conclusion: Dear LowEndAdmin, LEB died since you stopped taking care of it, but it had to be expected when it ended in the hands of a big company, anyway we hope that you are happy with your life and enjoying it and we wish you all the best!

:wink:

• ehabehab Member

co co col o
    lo
    c o oooooooooooooooo colococo

meryyyyyy xmassss everybody

Thanked by 2uptime Frameworks
  • cociucociu Member

i had try 2 years ago i think to post a offer there and nevere was posted at least i dont remember to be posted ...

• will this shame them into changing?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

JoeMerit said: will this shame them into changing?

nah ...

changing their underwear more often maybe, I dunno.

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • JackHJackH Member

@JoeMerit said:
    will this shame them into changing?

Unlikely.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@JoeMerit said:
    will this shame them into changing?

Thanked by 1MrPsycho
  • LeeLee Veteran

Not news though is it? It has been clear for a long time that they use LEB for their own customers, the more they sell the more servers and well, whatever.

Anyone who buys from a provider on LEB should be banned from creating a post complaining about their mistake.

teamacc said: only one offer was from a provider that does not offer nor has it ever offered a ColoCrossing location. This is an offer by QuadraNet themselves.

That is because they pay for it.

• doesn't virmach using colocrossing too? but he good and operates long and well.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • JackHJackH Member

@Lee said:
    Not news though is it? It has been clear for a long time that they use LEB for their own customers, the more they sell the more servers and well, whatever.

Anyone who buys from a provider on LEB should be banned from creating a post complaining about their mistake.

teamacc said: only one offer was from a provider that does not offer nor has it ever offered a ColoCrossing location. This is an offer by QuadraNet themselves.

That is because they pay for it.

I don't think this is news to anyone.

@teamacc had his moderator role stripped because he was "spreading false accusations". I believe this is the evidence with which he wishes to backup those accusations, after multiple weeks of radio silence from @CVPS_Chris.

Thanked by 3uptime Amitz pepa65
  • teamacc said: So, out of the 80 offers listed on LEB in 2019, only one offer was from a provider that does not offer nor has it ever offered a ColoCrossing location. This is an offer by QuadraNet themselves.

>

Wait till you find out that QuadraNet is owned by ColoCrossing!

Thanked by 2pepa65 bulbasaur
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited June 2019

is @VirMach the Keyser Söze character in all this?

okay, let's not go there ... (all roads lead to Buffalo, and the narwhal bacons at midnight. Enough said.)

EDIT2:

That's an attempt at a joke, of course.

VirMach would be "the exception that proves the rule" as far as I can tell.

They are provide superior potassium, very strong on plow!

edited June 2019

@zafouhar said:

teamacc said: So, out of the 80 offers listed on LEB in 2019, only one offer was from a provider that does not offer nor has it ever offered a ColoCrossing location. This is an offer by QuadraNet themselves.

>

Wait till you find out that QuadraNet is owned by ColoCrossing!

Well someone mentioned in the AlphaRacks thread, that Quadranet does not own the full DC. They own like 1/3 or how you would call it here a slice.

As far as I know, Buffalo is a fully owned DC by ColoCrossing, the only one which they fully own. The rest are just rented space. Same which seems to apply for Quadranet.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran

JackH said: @teamacc had his moderator role stripped because he was "spreading false accusations".

I did think he was a moderator at one point.

@Lee said:

JackH said: @teamacc had his moderator role stripped because he was "spreading false accusations".

I did think he was a moderator at one point.

Surely can remember that teamacc was mod.

• donlidonli Member

@uptime said:
    is @VirMach the Keyser Söze character in all this?

Some day maybe we'll find out the exact relationship between CC and VM but today is probably not that day.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

well duh..

Thanked by 2uptime skorous
  • If Virmach ran off into the night id lose 'a lot' of servers but all in all not a massive amount of $

Thanked by 1uptime
  • LeeLee Veteran

Neoon said: Surely can remember that teamacc was mod.

Not paid attention to much on LET for quite some time now. I couldn't tell you who all the mods are these days.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@teamacc nice!

• RecDRecD Member

Best Provider!
    COLOCROSSING!

• @JackH said:

+1 :P

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@doghouch said:

@JackH said: