Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discussion on Chimpanzee Host - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Discussion on Chimpanzee Host

13»

Comments

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2019

@Foul said:
    This thread is coming to a end.

You cannot even estimate how much I hate you for that image.
    I LOVE(D) BANANAS! The only fruit besides apples that work(ed) for me.
    And now you ruined it. You Fucklord. I will always think this (or at least spider eggs) whenever I eat a banana. Shall your next metabolism be very uncomfortable! FUCKER!!1111!!1!!! Debian. Thx.

Thanked by 4Foul skorous Yura chrisp
  • FoulFoul Member

Amitz said: And now you ruined it. You Fucklord. I will always think this (or at least spider eggs) whenever I eat a banana. Shall your next metabolism be very uncomfortable! FUCKER!!1111!!1!!! Debian. Thx.

Sir, May i offer you an bottle of bourbon to wash your insane swearing tactics away.

It tastes better than soap.

Love you old man.

Centos. Thx.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • zomby1zomby1 Member

What happened to them? I just request managed VPS and they got banned

• FoulFoul Member

zomby1 said: What happened to them? I just request managed VPS and they got banned

Chris is taking a banana up his asshole right now, deleted the offer thread , split the thread with comments they can hide shit, and be sketchy as hell.

Classy colocrapping!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2019

Amitz said: You cannot even estimate how much I hate you for that image.
    I LOVE(D) BANANAS!

oh fuck you too, I had not realised it was a banana until I read your comment, when I saw this on the ipad last night in night shift mode I thought it was a baguette!

Thanked by 3Amitz lazyt Foul
  • LeviLevi Member

@yokowasis said:
    I don't get the joke. What's wrong with 1 tbps mitigation

This claim may be real from providers like ovh, amazon, microsoft etc. But not for summerhost. Ovh will boot them away if they even exceed 1Gbps. 1 Tbps... Holy fck, even cloudflare had a hickups when swallowing 300+Gbps attacks.

• Nate812Nate812 Member

LTniger said: Ovh will boot them away if they even exceed 1Gbps

I once had a 40Gbps sustained attack at OVH for 14hrs, was not booted from ovh network.

• Nate812Nate812 Member

LTniger said: Holy fck, even cloudflare had a hickups when swallowing 300+Gbps attacks

It's difficult to swallow such volumetric attacks -- even for providers with a large capacity to do as such.

My old provider clamed to have 10Gbps attack protection, but a sustained 1Gbps was able to take it offline. My new provider claims to sustain 100Gbps at maximum spread across OVH, Voxility -- and so far, my largest incoming attack to date was 79Gbps, was able to stay online the entire time.

I suppose it depend on who you get and if they're lying or not.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Nate812 said:

LTniger said: Ovh will boot them away if they even exceed 1Gbps

I once had a 40Gbps sustained attack at OVH for 14hrs, was not booted from ovh network.

Yeah, they don't kick people. Maybe years ago. If so I would have been long gone long time ago...

Thanked by 1Nate812
  • Quick question, 1 Gbps means there is 1 Gb of traffic incoming every single second, right?

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited May 2019

@yokowasis said:
    Quick question, 1 Gbps means there is 1 Gb of traffic incoming every single second, right?

1 Gbps (= 1 gigabit/second) = 0.125 gigabyte/second (GB/s)

So: 1 GB/s = 8 Gbps

• @angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:
    Quick question, 1 Gbps means there is 1 Gb of traffic incoming every single second, right?

Why using GB/s instead of GBps , is there a difference ?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@yokowasis said:

@angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:

Why using GB/s instead of GBps , is there a difference ?

Given that "Gbps" stands for "Gigabit per second", it would be potentially confusing to write "GBps" for "Gigabyte per second", so this is why "GB/s" is much better for "Gigabyte per second".

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis said:

There can be, but as mentioned by @angstrom worth avoiding that particular term as Gb Vs GB is ambiguous.