Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo's price match from another provider - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo's price match from another provider

2»

Comments

• contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider

@alvin said:
    Instead, I hope Contabo will make some regular offers...

Hello,
    what do you mean by regular offers? Maybe we can clarify this for you.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@angstrom said:
    But it's not so great to have to open a ticket to get better I/O.

(It's like insider information: how would you know that you should do this if you didn't happen to read this thread?)

Well it's probably in place to prevent abuse. And only "geeks" (aka LET) will notice anyway.

• keyweb?

• edfoxedfox Member

@contabo_m Do you allow for network upgrades on your plans? I'd really like to get the VPS M, but i really don't need that much space but would like the 1gbit network.

@edfox said:
    @contabo_m Do you allow for network upgrades on your plans? I'd really like to get the VPS M, but i really don't need that much space but would like the 1gbit network.

Unfortunately not, our VPS cannot be customized :neutral: We can only offer the specs as displayed on our website

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited May 2019

@contabo_m said:

@edfox said:

Unfortunately not, our VPS cannot be customized :neutral: We can only offer the specs as displayed on our website

May I ask: does your panel allow for installation from ISOs? If yes, do you allow custom ISOs?

@angstrom said:

May I ask: does your panel allow for installation from ISOs? If yes, do you allow custom ISOs?

Yes, for Linux this is possible, albeit a small fee is charged for the technical effort. In order to get your custom ISO, please get in touch with our support team via e-mail to [email protected]

Thanked by 2angstrom Ympker
  • edfoxedfox Member

@contabo_m said:

@angstrom said:

Yes, for Linux this is possible, albeit a small fee is charged for the technical effort. In order to get your custom ISO, please get in touch with our support team via e-mail to [email protected]

What is such small fee?
    And would i be able to install any system (e.g. Alpine Linux) by dd-ing the system on the hard drive and installing from ram or does the system prevent that?

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@edfox said:

@contabo_m said:

@angstrom said:

What is such small fee?
    And would i be able to install any system (e.g. Alpine Linux) by dd-ing the system on the hard drive and installing from ram or does the system prevent that?

My guess is that they would do the initial installation from ISO, which is why the fee (but this is just a guess).

My conclusion is that if one chooses Contabo, it's probably best to simply use one of the images that they provide. The ISO option doesn't sound so straightforward.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2019

@angstrom said:

@edfox said:

@contabo_m said:

@angstrom said:

What is such small fee?

My guess is that they would do the initial installation from ISO, which is why the fee (but this is just a guess).

My conclusion is that if one chooses Contabo, it's probably best to simply use one of the images that they provide. The ISO option doesn't sound so straightforward.

Debian Thx :) I can imagine installing custom iso with them is not as straight forward but very well possible (asked for CloudLinux once).

Thanked by 1angstrom

@angstrom is right about that! The installation would be done by our technicians

Thanked by 1angstrom