Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo's price match from another provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo's price match from another provider

Can anyother provider match contabo's price with similiar specs?

4vcpu
8gb RAM
Ssd 200gb
Unlimited traffic for 4,99€ / month

I would need VPS for my next project in EU with following specs
3-4vcpu
6-8gb RAM
ssd 60+ gb
10TB data ( most likely around 0,5gb data per month but never want run out of traffic )
KVM so I can install Windows server ( only reason why I am asking for another provider )

Can pay in advance with creditcard or Paypal. Project will be long so annual payment is ok.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Unlikely.

• AndruAndru Member

Nope.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

That's a great price.

Be aware that Contabo have received mixed reviews in the past, but they may be more reliable now.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • donlidonli Member

Do you already have a VPS with Contabo?

• @donli said:
    Do you already have a VPS with Contabo?

No I don't.

@angstrom said:
    That's a great price.

Be aware that Contabo have received mixed reviews in the past, but they may be more reliable now.

Yeah. Price can be higher with lower specs. Just trying to get best bang for the buck.

• vovlervovler Member

@jamesdean Contabo it's as low as it gets, then you have NetCup and at last and probably the best choice Hetzner dedis

• @vovler said:
    @jamesdean Contabo it's as low as it gets, then you have NetCup and at last and probably the best choice Hetzner dedis

Noted. Well If any provider from LET can provide VPS with my requirements and reasonable price let me know.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If you go lower than that, expect to get scammed.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

If you found the service you want why not get a VPS with them?

• @KuJoe said:

Like I stated above. Its impossible to install Windows server.

• Contabo price unbeatable for that.

• benj0xbenj0x Member

@jamesdean said:

@KuJoe said:

It is, but you aren't allowed to bring your own license. You have to buy a license from contabo.

• kidrockkidrock Member

I don't think you can find any other provider at Contabo's price. I didn't find too and went with Contabo few days back.

Thanked by 2contabo_m Ympker
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Sure you get a pirce match but it wont last long.

• contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider

@jamesdean Thanks for your interest in our services. We'd love to welcome you at Contabo! :) It is however true that you'd have to purchase a Windows license from us and cannot bring your own one. This option is only available for our dedicated servers.

@jamesdean said:

@KuJoe said:

A Windows KVM will definitely cost more.

Anyway, if your budget is so tight, then why bother with a Windows KVM in the first place? Or be prepared to pay more.

• graphicgraphic Member

@contabo_m said:
    @jamesdean Thanks for your interest in our services. We'd love to welcome you at Contabo! :) It is however true that you'd have to purchase a Windows license from us and cannot bring your own one. This option is only available for our dedicated servers.

contabo entered the game.

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

Contabo don't offer Linux?

• contabo_mcontabo_m Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2019

@niceboy said:
    Contabo don't offer Linux?

Of course, we always offer you the latest Linux distributions. Please click on "Customize & Order" below the desired VPS or dedicated server :smile: then scroll down to "Operating system".

• alvinalvin Member

Instead, I hope Contabo will make some regular offers...

• LeviLevi Member

You can always go hetzner. But the price will be higher.

• We prefer quality over quantity

• donlidonli Member

@jordynegen11 said:
    We prefer quality over quantity

We prefer Low End.

• @donli said:

@jordynegen11 said:
    We prefer quality over quantity

We prefer Low End.

You got me there ;)

Thanked by 1xlucasonepvp
  • I picked up my first service from @contabo_m this past week since I needed something in the EU, with a few hundred GB of space paired with unlimited bandwidth. Got the SSD-M and I’m pretty happy with it. The only negatives I’ve seen is as others have mentioned in other posts is an IO limit. Really aside from benchmarks 100MBps is fine. Would prefer a consistent performance, vs neighbors who trash it.

• @contabo_m said:

Shame that I can't bring my own license! You would get loyal customer.

@angstrom said:

@jamesdean said:

@KuJoe said:

A Windows KVM will definitely cost more.

Anyway, if your budget is so tight, then why bother with a Windows KVM in the first place? Or be prepared to pay more.

Well I am prepared to pay more but wanted to LET providers to offer me something. I have seen great deals in the past here. No provider is offering me anything. Even my lowered requirements and willing to pay more.

• @PcJamesy said:
    I picked up my first service from @contabo_m this past week since I needed something in the EU, with a few hundred GB of space paired with unlimited bandwidth. Got the SSD-M and I’m pretty happy with it. The only negatives I’ve seen is as others have mentioned in other posts is an IO limit. Really aside from benchmarks 100MBps is fine. Would prefer a consistent performance, vs neighbors who trash it.

SSD-M is capped to 100MB/s? I recently got the VPS1400 which has piss poor i/o - I emailed to them and complained (with screenshots) about high i/o wait and now I get 100MB/s read/write... I would have thought SSD was faster since they command a higher price.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@PcJamesy said:
    I picked up my first service from @contabo_m this past week since I needed something in the EU, with a few hundred GB of space paired with unlimited bandwidth. Got the SSD-M and I’m pretty happy with it. The only negatives I’ve seen is as others have mentioned in other posts is an IO limit. Really aside from benchmarks 100MBps is fine. Would prefer a consistent performance, vs neighbors who trash it.

E-Mail @contabo_m support about this and they will lift the limit that is put in place to prevent abuse. In the end you should probably be able to reach I/O similar to the benchmarks of the vps from the thread in my sig.

• Definitely contact them. Here is sequential write from my server and they will sort out the read/write for you.

dd: sequential write speed
    1st run: 427.25 MiB/s
    2nd run: 508.31 MiB/s
    3rd run: 516.89 MiB/s
    average: 484.15 MiB/s

But it's not so great to have to open a ticket to get better I/O.

(It's like insider information: how would you know that you should do this if you didn't happen to read this thread?)