Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SwedenDedicated.com LXC VPS €12 per year Stockholm data center (1vc, 256MB, 1Gbit up, LXC) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SwedenDedicated.com LXC VPS €12 per year Stockholm data center (1vc, 256MB, 1Gbit up, LXC)

13»

Comments

• GaleejGaleej Member

My VPS network was suspended due to bandwidth over usage. It's been only a day since I purchased and I have been using wireguard to just connect my mobile. How can I find out what caused the bandwidth over usage?

• swedendedicatedswedendedicated Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@Galeej said:
    My VPS network was suspended due to bandwidth over usage. It's been only a day since I purchased and I have been using wireguard to just connect my mobile. How can I find out what caused the bandwidth over usage?

Someone doesn't like you.

It's also strange to post this here, as if we have done something wrong and wrongfully suspended your VPS. No, this is not the case. We are not responsible if you have a ddos attack either outgoing or incoming. The VPS will remain suspended until the next month.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@swedendedicated said:

@Galeej said:

It's also strange to post this here, as if we have done something wrong and wrongfully suspended your VPS. No, this is not the case. We are not responsible if you have a ddos attack either outgoing or incoming. The VPS will remain suspended until the next month.

I apologies but that is not my intention. I have got excellent service from your staffs, I just wanted to know the reason. My bad, I forgot to turn on the firewall after I disabled it for some testing. I know this is not something you are responsible for. It's completely my fault and wanted to know if there is a way to find out the reason for huge spike.

edited May 2019

@Galeej said:

@swedendedicated said:

@Galeej said:

I apologies but that is not my intention. I have got excellent service from your staffs, I just wanted to know the reason. My bad, I forgot to turn on the firewall after I disabled it for some testing. I know this is not something you are responsible for. It's completely my fault and wanted to know if there is a way to find out the reason for huge spike.

There is no way to find out as we don't record traffic for privacy reasons, only when an attack is happening can we sniff sources.

I wonder how enabling your firewall would have stopped traffic from coming through our routers and thus being counted.
    I highly doubt a VPS with 512MB memory and 1 core can filter a 600mbit+ attack :wink:

• GaleejGaleej Member

@swedendedicated said:

@Galeej said:

@swedendedicated said:

@Galeej said:

There is no way to find out as we don't record traffic for privacy reasons, only when an attack is happening can we sniff sources.

I wonder how enabling your firewall would have stopped traffic from coming through our routers and thus being counted.
    I highly doubt a VPS with 512MB memory and 1 core can filter a 600mbit+ attack :wink:

I guess I had blocked all ports so that I can park the VPS and resume using it when I get time. Anyways, let me wait till next month.

• chrispchrisp Member

come on the offer is still up? do you know how hard it is to resist this offer after a shitty day at work? Thinks like this are my after-work beer!

• @chrisp said:
    come on the offer is still up? do you know how hard it is to resist this offer after a shitty day at work? Thinks like this are my after-work beer!

Stop resisting. Performance is great

• solairesolaire Member

@chrisp said:

Beer in Sweden is about as expensive as this deal. You should definitely go with this deal.

• Got one yesterday, so far so good. Instant setup was cool. I also got this error related with Paypal. But I got my invoice as email and paid later. 2 points I can comment on:
    Transfer speeds to US is a bit slow I believe (based on the test results).
    Even on their own monitoring system it doesn't show your own CPU, Ram, disk usage.It shows server's general usage resource, so it's a bit challenging to see how much resource you use. Must be related with the LXC virtualisation. You can monitor bandwidth just fine thou.
    So far so good and can recommend

@barbaros said:
    Got one yesterday, so far so good. Instant setup was cool. I also got this error related with Paypal. But I got my invoice as email and paid later. 2 points I can comment on:
    Even on their own monitoring system it doesn't show your own CPU, Ram, disk usage.It shows server's general usage resource, so it's a bit challenging to see how much resource you use. Must be related with the LXC virtualisation. You can monitor bandwidth just fine thou.

Can you please tell me which error you received with paypal?

• @swedendedicated said:

@barbaros said:
    Got one yesterday, so far so good. Instant setup was cool. I also got this error related with Paypal. But I got my invoice as email and paid later. 2 points I can comment on:

Can you please tell me which error you received with paypal?

Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.