Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very cheap dedicated server (or KVM/XEN) + 4 IPs - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Very cheap dedicated server (or KVM/XEN) + 4 IPs

2»

Comments

• I thought this thread is to offer some cheap dedi -..-

• @psycholyzern said:
    I thought this thread is to offer some cheap dedi -..-

it was on request section lol

• @tuguhost said:
    it was on request section lol

I missed that.. you got a point..hahahhahaa

• @Razva said:
    Hey,

I'm looking for a very cheap dedicated server in order to host some backup nameservers (DNS Only) and a backup SolusVM installation.

This Online.net offer would be great, but they're out of stock. Also this OVH offer would be great, but they are also out of stock.

I need to install OpenVZ because DNS Only needs to have a "fresh install", also SolusVM is asking for the same thing. I've read that installing OpenVZ "on top" of KVM/XEN is possible, but I can't find any provider that offers more than 1 IP/host.

Any ideas where/who could offer me such a service? Thanks!

i believe lot of provider allow additional ip

• RazvaRazva Member
    edited October 2013

Ok so here's the NEW request: a VDS provider that can offer ~50GB of storage, ~2GB RAM, 4 IPs, at a max price of 15eur/month (tax included).

Right now I'm paying 4x512MB RAM & 20GB SSD (total: 2GB RAM & 80GB SSD) @ DigitalOcean (15eur/month), which are great, but I would like more control.

So a single KVM/XEN container + OpenVZ "on top" would do the trick.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@tuguhost said:
    protomeus kvm cloud

Protomeus :D

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

@Razva I can offer you that in Miami.

Package:

Xen PV
    3GB RAM
    80GB Disk Space (8 disk raid 10 array)
    1.5 TB Bandwidth (gbit)
    4 x IPv4
    5 x IPv6

€15.00 p/month.

If you are interested just place the order: http://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=77 and pop a ticket in I will amend the invoice and add the extra IP's upon payment.

Anthony.

• @Razva said: Ok so here's the NEW request: a VDS provider that can offer ~50GB of storage, ~2GB RAM, 4 IPs, at a max price of 15eur/month (tax included).
    Right now I'm paying 4x512MB RAM & 20GB SSD (total: 2GB RAM & 80GB SSD) @ DigitalOcean (15eur/month), which are great, but I would like more control.
    So a single KVM/XEN container + OpenVZ "on top" would do the trick.

Well, performance of such a setup aside, I think you are also forgetting about the overhead here, i.e. RAM needed to run the OpenVZ node itself...

• andrzej said: Well, performance of such a setup aside, I think you are also forgetting about the overhead here, i.e. RAM needed to run the OpenVZ node itself...

How much RAM do you think OpenVZ needs?

• @AnthonySmith said: Razva I can offer you that in Miami.
    Package: Xen PV

Are you sure he can run an OpenVZ node inside a Xen PV container...?

• andrzej said: Are you sure he can run an OpenVZ node inside a Xen PV container...?

I've read that the performance is downgraded with ~10%, which is fine by me. Do you have other information?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

If that's what you want to do I would switch you over to HVM and mount an ISO for you, you will have issues otherwise.

• @Razva said: I've read that the performance is downgraded with ~10%, which is fine by me. Do you have other information?

Interesting, sounds pretty good, considering. I have no contrary information, hence my question to Anthony above. Just make sure this is true for Xen PV, and not only for Xen HVM, is all.

• @Razva said: How much RAM do you think OpenVZ needs?

Well, according to OpenVZ documentation: at least 128MB RAM for a 32-bit node. To me, this sounds too good to be true.

• andrzej said: Well, according to OpenVZ documentation: at least 128MB RAM for a 32-bit node. To me, this sounds too good to be true.

The folks from WHT are telling me the same thing: 128MB RAM, ~5-10% downgrade. So I suppose they are right.

Now, continuing our discussion, is iwStack the only option?

• @Razva said:

there are lunanode and providerservice too

• As I mentioned before just get a KVM VPS, and install proxmox.. DO is good but unfortunately they don't allow custom kernels so can't install proxmox on it..

there is lots of KVM deals in the offfer section:
    http://lowendtalk.com/categories/offers

or here is a decent offer includes, 2 ip's and additional is 75cents/per IP

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/15455/hostus-atlanta-kvm-low-end-kvm-offers-7-2gb/p1

• Forgot to mention volumedrive has a decent sale on the KVM line:

`

VPSs: 2 VMs
    Total Dedicated Resources:
    RAM: 2 GB Dedicated Memory
    HD: 100 GB Hard Drive Space
    BW: 100Mbps Unmetered (32TB Transfer!)
    IP: 4 IP Addresses
    SolusVM Management Interface
    $7.95/mo

`

http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=svm

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Razva said:

AnthonySmith gave you an offer in Miami with double the disk and more Ram then you requested. And it was spot on your budget. Can't go wrong with that.