Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 years of .eu domain for €12 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10 years of .eu domain for €12

2»

Comments

• @Chuck said:
    the whole "you have to be an european union resident to be eligible for .eu registration" feel like discrimination. This is not right in today crazy world. When would we see lawsuit?

web18-charlie-david-1160x864

you wouldn't want to see those 2 sick people crying, do you?

It is discrimination but not in a negative way. I can't register a .ca/.us either. And there are many more. It's a good thing actually.

Thanked by 1st3wy89
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited May 2019

luissousa said: Anyone knows whether it works for transfers + renewal?

Seems like it doesn't as the transfer doesn't let you select 10 years. I doubt it would work for simple renewal after a transfer. @Saragoldfarb did you try?

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • TionTion Member

It doesn't work with transfers. New registrations only according to their support.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • YuraYura Member

*no refunds after European Union collapse.

• pepa65pepa65 Member

VAT 21%, but still a great deal that will be worry-free for years.

• I am fairly certain it is not the 10th yet before people start complaining

• donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

So they're still selling .eu to people in the .uk using their "trustee service"?

• last i checked UK was still in EU

for now

• BertieBertie Member
    edited December 2019

Any recommendations for a cheap/pay-per-use EU mailbox for holding .eu and AFRNIC domains?

• Bertie said: Any recommendations for a cheap/pay-per-use EU mailbox for holding .eu and AFRNIC domains?

Netim will put their address for you.

• hzr said: Netim will put their address for you.

It's 25 EUR/year for the trustee service, per domain. I wish UK was still an option, signing up for a UK Limited was stupid easy when it was still feasible. :(

• Bertie said: It's 25 EUR/year for the trustee service, per domain. I wish UK was still an option, signing up for a UK Limited was stupid easy when it was still feasible. :(

UK Ltd would be feasible. A mailbox is not legal for .eu.

European Union citizens, independently of their place of residence

Your entity must be in EU. A person in US that is not a European citizen using a EU address does not qualify.

• blackjack4494blackjack4494 Member
    edited December 2019

I wonder how such trustee services work in general. Since a company let's take netim as example resides in the EU they are allowed to register .eu domains. So when someone from outside EU like US wants to register an .eu domain it's forbidden. Is netim then just simply leasing out the domain to the customer who is interested in having an .eu domain?

• Can any one register a domain on behalf of me ?.. sad

• hzrhzr Member
    edited December 2019

blackjack4494 said: Is netim then just simply leasing out the domain to the customer who is interested in having an .eu domain?

Yes. Netim owns the domain. Netim "allows you" to have technical control of it while it is legally theirs, probably with some ownership guarantees with a contract between you and Netim as opposed to between you and the TLD.

• I'm on the UK and thinking about registering a couple but what will happen after Brexit?

• @lurch you'll loose your domain and get the same with .brexit for free.

Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • @pike said:
    @lurch you'll loose your domain and get the same with .brexit for free.

win win

Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2019

From: https://eurid.eu/en/register-a-eu-domain/brexit-notice/

From 1st November 2019, 00:00:00 CET, EURid will NOT allow the registration of any new domain name where the registrant’s residence or establishment country code is either GB or GI, unless the citizenship country code of the registrant corresponds to an EU27 Member State.

tl;dr you cannot register .eu domains if youre from the UK even before brexit.

• Nice find, going to give that a go.

• Just used code NETIM2EUR_1019 for an extra discount

• @pike said:

From 1st November 2019, 00:00:00 CET, EURid will NOT allow the registration of any new domain name where the registrant’s residence or establishment country code is either GB or GI, unless the citizenship country code of the registrant corresponds to an EU27 Member State.

But there is a red text at the really top

Following the recent developments in the UK withdrawal scenario, the entire plan outlined below is on hold. We will keep you informed as soon as we receive further instructions from the European Commission.

• @pike said:

That was based on the original Brexit plans for October 31st. As those were postponed citizens of the United Kingdom continue to be able to register it at least until January 31st.

• @AtlantiaCloud_Alex said:

@pike said:

From 1st November 2019, 00:00:00 CET, EURid will NOT allow the registration of any new domain name where the registrant’s residence or establishment country code is either GB or GI

That was based on the original Brexit plans for October 31st. As those were postponed citizens of the United Kingdom continue to be able to register it at least until January 31st.

Can confirm that UK residents can still order, I bought one through the cheaper offer thread here (€10, in USD, and no VAT charged).

Post Brexit it seems unlikely the EU will pursue removing ownership based purely on residency address, as eligibility will still apply to EU citizens living outside the EU (e.g. resident in the UK). The task of confirming everyone's nationality, or dual national status, without upsetting any legitimate registrants, would seem to make that politically not worthwhile. Renewal after 10 years might be problematic though.

• Don't worry, it will still be another 10 years until we leave.

• @cochon said:

@AtlantiaCloud_Alex said:

@pike said:

From 1st November 2019, 00:00:00 CET, EURid will NOT allow the registration of any new domain name where the registrant’s residence or establishment country code is either GB or GI

Can confirm that UK residents can still order, I bought one through the cheaper offer thread here (€10, in USD, and no VAT charged).

Post Brexit it seems unlikely the EU will pursue removing ownership based purely on residency address, as eligibility will still apply to EU citizens living outside the EU (e.g. resident in the UK). The task of confirming everyone's nationality, or dual national status, without upsetting any legitimate registrants, would seem to make that politically not worthwhile. Renewal after 10 years might be problematic though.

Yes uk can still order but worried they will force you to use the trusty service after Brexit

"If you are living in the UK, we advise you to use our trustee service in order to secure your domain names after the Brexit."

• @lurch said:

Yes uk can still order but worried they will force you to use the trusty service after Brexit

Seems unlikely if they don't have a lever from the EU to push that. Same logic, a dual or EU national resident in the UK will still be eligible without the service. The trustee service seems targeted at people completely outside the EU currently, and gains them revenue so of course they'll 'recommend' it for Brexit.

Also the trustee service is specific to this thread's offer, from Netim, the service I bought from, ICDSoft, had no equivalent and was cheaper. Though note, ICDSoft do seem to be Hong Kong not EU based, so if the domain is for business or branding, caveat emptor either way.