Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 years of .eu domain for €12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

10 years of .eu domain for €12

So I think there will be some interest in this domain name offer from NETIM (got it from email today); in observance of the Europe day, people will be able to register a .eu domain name for 10 years for a total of €12, instead of the normal €40 - €100.

The discounted price will only be available from 05/02/2019 to 05/10/2019 on netim.com and its subbrand francedns.co.

And yes, you have to be an european union resident to be eligible for .eu registration. British residents will probably not be eligible to obtain or keep a .eu domain after Brexit lol

Comments

• Adam1Adam1 Member

dedipromo said: available from 05/02/2019 to 05/10/2019

thats 2/5/2019 to 10/5/2019 to ROW, including europeans ;)

Thanked by 2bugrakoc FHR
  • HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep

@Adam1 said:

You mean 2019-05-02 to 2019-05-10

Thanked by 1FHR
  • @HostUp said:

@Adam1 said:

You mean 2019-05-02 to 2019-05-10

America things

• Does NETIM have one of those proxy service that allows non-qualified residents to register a ccTLD-based domain name? Something like registering the domain name on your behalf?

• @pullangcubo said:
    Does NETIM have one of those proxy service that allows non-qualified residents to register a ccTLD-based domain name? Something like registering the domain name on your behalf?

They do have trustee service, but it is usually expensive. Better to ask a friend to register it for you.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Pretty interesting offer. Is this related to a more general eurid discount? I doubt netim will sell those at loss.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@dedipromo said: [US Only]Get 50000 Points when you sign up for the Amex Gold Card, 4x points for every dollar spent on dining and supermarkets, and much more! Apply today http://refer.amex.us/HAOCHSXVDu?XLINK=MYCP

If I may say so, kind of odd to advertise American Express in one's signature on a low-end hosting/server forum, not to mention that the offer is probably US-specific, and not to mention that the link doesn't work anyway.

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited April 2019

HostUp said: You mean 2019-05-02 to 2019-05-10

no, otherwise I would have wrote that, although that will work too.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @pullangcubo said:
    Does NETIM have one of those proxy service that allows non-qualified residents to register a ccTLD-based domain name? Something like registering the domain name on your behalf?

I actually have thought about starting a company to do that :D
    It would be more like a niece market and some registrars are offering this service already but it's quite expensive yeah.

• blackjack4494 said: I actually have thought about starting a company to do that :D

Potential liability in case of illegal actions with the domain has to be taken into account...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The EU wont exist after 10 years, stop wasting your money.
    Change my mind.

Thanked by 2kkrajk AlwaysSkint
  • foliofolio Member

@Neoon said:
    The EU wont exist after 10 years...

Maybe .eu will go the way of .su.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@folio said:

@Neoon said:

Thanked by 1folio
  • I wish we'd all settle for YYYY-MM-DD, easier for sorting and removes the potential ambiguity of whether someone utters a date in MM/DD or DD/MM format.

• time_t users unite!

• "1556755200 to 1557532799" should make everybody happy.

• YuraYura Member

@folio said:

@Neoon said:

.com/munism won

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited April 2019

the whole "you have to be an european union resident to be eligible for .eu registration" feel like discrimination. This is not right in today crazy world. When would we see lawsuit?

web18-charlie-david-1160x864

you wouldn't want to see those 2 sick people crying, do you?

Thanked by 1shillshocked
  • Markiplier got old.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@pullangcubo said:
    Does NETIM have one of those proxy service that allows non-qualified residents to register a ccTLD-based domain name?

What prevents you from using some random address within the EU, who cares?

@Chuck said:
    the whole "you have to be an european union resident to be eligible for .eu registration" feel like discrimination. This is not right in today crazy world. When would we see lawsuit?

Try .US first, probably more worth ur time :p

• defaultdefault Veteran

@dedipromo said:
    The discounted price will only be available from 05/02/2019 to 05/10/2019 on netim.com and its subbrand francedns.co.

• MGarbisMGarbis Member

What do you think about Netim? How's it control panel etc?

• Adam1Adam1 Member

MGarbis said: What do you think about Netim? How's it control panel etc?

transfer to your registrar of choice

Thanked by 2MGarbis level6
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2019

I used Netim. I don't see it bad, I don't see it great either. It's a good registrar, like many others.

What I don't like is that there is no promotion as promised, hence I am not "able to register a .eu domain name for 10 years for a total of €12". Maybe is Netim's fault, maybe is not; we only have one side of this story with no screenshot of that e-mail (I did not get any e-mail, even though I have an account at Netim too).

I kindly ask any available moderator to move this thread in off-topic section.

Thanked by 1MGarbis
  • @default said:
    I used Netim. I don't see it bad, I don't see it great either. It's a good registrar, like many others.

What I don't like is that there is no promotion as promised, hence I am not "able to register a .eu domain name for 10 years for a total of €12". Maybe is Netim's fault, maybe is not; we only have one side of this story with no screenshot of that e-mail (I did not get any e-mail, even though I have an account at Netim too).

I kindly ask any available moderator to move this thread in off-topic section.

Screenshot of the offer:

But I agree, I did not see such discount when I am trying to order the domain. Probably something wrong on their end.

• SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
    edited May 2019

Didn't get the promo mail somehow... Anybody willing to share a link? Would like to try if it works for transfers as well

Nevermind. Found it on Twitter.. + The offer only shows at the end of your ordering process

Thanked by 1dedipromo
  • entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

Price doesn't show until end of order, can confirm you will pay 12.60 euro for 10 years.

• Can confirm it works. Got one on my business account so no VAT either. Will try a transfer lateron.

• MGarbisMGarbis Member

I created account and I have eu domain now. €12 + vat was the price. Go to the end of your ordering process and that's it. :smile:

• Anyone knows whether it works for transfers + renewal?