Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eggs flash limited offers! NVME+ FREE 1TB Block Storage ! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Eggs flash limited offers! NVME+ FREE 1TB Block Storage !

2»

Comments

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@uptime said:

@hanhan said:
    Los Angeles has no optional free 1TB block storage

I didn't manage to find it at first either but then read

https://my.letbox.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/58/How-to-Add-Block-Storage-Disk.html

it was almost too simple :)

(then in your VPS still need to do something like fdisk to create partition and mkfs to make the filesystem, etc)

also note Virtio driver recommended for block storage

@key900 said:

@uptime said:

@TimboJones said:
    First block storage VPS for me. What is the recommended bus/device and format recommended for the 1TB?

Thanks

SATA, raw disk (as per https://my.letbox.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/58/How-to-Add-Block-Storage-Disk.html)

I”d go with Virtio instead of SATA.

You can follow https://my.letbox.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/57/How-to-Add-a-New-Disk--Block-Storage-to-an-Existing-Linux-Server-and-Windows-Server.html

for the fdisk part.

the free 1tb are expired there is only 256GB available for limited time.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • GaleejGaleej Member

I encountered blockage while writing to the block storage. The support staff was not good in understanding the problem. Can I get someone to look(577826) into it and try limiting the speed to see if the blocking happens again. To give you an idea of what I did, setup rclone and copy files from google drive which was around 500gb. I really love the speed of block storage but just need this blocking issue to be resolved.

edited May 2019

@Galeej said:
    I encountered blockage while writing to the block storage. The support staff was not good in understanding the problem. Can I get someone to look(577826) into it and try limiting the speed to see if the blocking happens again. To give you an idea of what I did, setup rclone and copy files from google drive which was around 500gb. I really love the speed of block storage but just need this blocking issue to be resolved.

Issue of what exactly? We have no issue and no one reported any issue of any kind!

EDIT : We have nothing to do with your rclone configurations it's your VPS so you need to figured it out.

• Better question is, are we going to see a mother's day deal?

• @Galeej said:

What was the error encountered? "Blocking" is so ambiguous that support won't be able to do shit without wasting time asking you for more information.

Google Drive rate limits rclone. You're sure that wasn't it?

Thanked by 1uptime
    edited May 2019

Ok> @TimboJones said:

@Galeej said:

What was the error encountered? "Blocking" is so ambiguous that support won't be able to do shit without wasting time asking you for more information.

Google Drive rate limits rclone. You're sure that wasn't it?

After i checked the ticket i can see that he opened ticket

"" unable to ssh into my VPS, please help."

This only and not sure what he expect without any information to help! our agent asked what he installed or using and recommended to check if there is any firewall or iptables blocks the connection which is common in most block ping issues.

Later he respond to that not helpful then we asked for removing or configured the rclone which can makes issues too and it works fine after.

i can't understand how the support not help in his case!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member

I do wonder sometimes if whatever machinations Psychz use for DDOS protection might throw a spanner into the works when transferring a large file at high speed. (And that much more so for a slinging a bunch of tiny files via rclone etc - which I avoid doing.)

This would not be specific to LetBox, and I'm sure if it ever became a serious, persistent issue for me rather than a vague suspicion, then I'd be able to work with @key900 and team to figure it out a bit better.

That said, perhaps there may be something along those lines in play here.

But if someone expects a "hold my hand and change my diaper" managed service for less than $7/month ... No, that's not good for anyone.

Thanked by 1letbox

@uptime said:
    I do wonder sometimes if whatever machinations Psychz use for DDOS protection might throw a spanner into the works when transferring a large file at high speed. (And that much more so for a slinging a bunch of tiny files via rclone etc - which I avoid doing.)

This would not be specific to LetBox, and I'm sure if it ever became a serious, persistent issue for me rather than a vague suspicion, then I'd be able to work with @key900 and team to figure it out a bit better.

That said, perhaps there may be something along those lines in play here.

But if someone expects a "hold my hand and change my diaper" managed service for less than $7/month ... No, that's not good for anyone.

Nah the DDOS mitigation will not blocking the Ping it will slow down the speed with big files however it can be controlled doing adjective to for specific IPs to download bigger files or asking us to whitelist (removed) the IPs from DDoS mitigating.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • edited May 2019

Google Drive (rclone) + LetBox BBox never had any issue. All files transfered above 16 MB/s

Thanked by 2uptime vimalware
  • GaleejGaleej Member
    edited May 2019

I agree and apologies for not being clear on the ticket. What I did is just run rclone with 4 threads and the memory usage exceeded 2GB after transferring 10GB which caused the system unresponsive. I did try changing the threads to 1 and it works fine. I do not understand this behavior and need help in understanding. No other offense to Letbox. I really liked the offer and performance of the VPS which is why I am trying to solve the issue and continue using it.

Thanked by 2vimalware uptime
  • poissonpoisson Member

Do not write one line and expect people to magically know everything else in your mind. Write down everything that you did before you experience the issue. For an unmanaged service, as long as the host node is functioning well, everything else is your issue. Read the TOS before signing up. If you don't agree or don't understand the TOS, don't sign up.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • uptimeuptime Member

@Galeej as they say: don't do that then

Beyond that, I dunno. Maybe something to do with this currently open issue with rclone: rclone still using too much memory

I just spent a minute searching to find that - and so could you be too.

Nothing to do with LetBox though, so maybe open another thread to let us know what you find out if you decide to go deeper into it?

• GaleejGaleej Member

@poisson said:
    Do not write one line and expect people to magically know everything else in your mind. Write down everything that you did before you experience the issue. For an unmanaged service, as long as the host node is functioning well, everything else is your issue. Read the TOS before signing up. If you don't agree or don't understand the TOS, don't sign up.

Understood and thanks for explaining my ignorance

• GaleejGaleej Member

@uptime said:
    @Galeej as they say: don't do that then

Beyond that, I dunno. Maybe something to do with this currently open issue with rclone: rclone still using too much memory

I just spent a minute searching to find that - and so could you be too.

Nothing to do with LetBox though, so maybe open another thread to let us know what you find out if you decide to go deeper into it?

I will keep this in mind for the future. Thanks again.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • GaleejGaleej Member

The BOX is really functioning well now without rclone. Thanks for all your patience.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

If anyone's willing to transfer sell their 1TB bbox la, please PM me :)