Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eggs flash limited offers! NVME+ FREE 1TB Block Storage !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Eggs flash limited offers! NVME+ FREE 1TB Block Storage !

letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
edited April 2019 in Offers

happy Easter

BBox 2048

• 2 GB Dedicated RAM
  • 2 x CPU cores
  • 30 NVMe Main Disk
  • **FREE 1TB Block Storage Must be selected while ordering
  • 3TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable ( capped the connection speed to 10mbit when bandwidth exceeded.)
  • 1x IPv4
  • /64 up on request
  • 20Gbps DDoS-Shield Mitigation
  • Private Internal IP
  • KVM
  • $6.70/month
  • $65 /Yearly
  • Los Angeles (https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=71)

SBox 1TB

• 2048MB Dedicated RAM
  • 2x vCPU @ E5
  • 1TB SAS HDD space (RAID10)
  • 4TB/Month @ 1 Gbps burstable ( capped the connection speed to 10mbit when bandwidth exceeded.)
  • 1x IPv4
  • /64 up on request
  • KVM
  • $6.70/month
  • $60 /Yearly
  • Dallas (https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=46)

More information

http://letbox.com/page/flash

What is included:

• Enterprise NVMe
  • Triple Replicated Block Storage
  • KVM with Dedicated resources
  • DDoS Mitigation, Friendly Services
  • Custom ISO available.
  • Preinstalled OS
  • FREE Backup Services (Main Disk NVME )
  • Free 5 Minutes Server Monitoring + Blacklist (Email and SMS alert)
  • Free SMS Unpaid invoice Alert
  • DNS Hosting
  • Custom ISO Available (Windows , linux etc.. )
  • IPV4 rdns Management
  • /64 IPV6 up on request

Comments

• Ordered one, and I did not forget to put more information as per required:

Intended use of VPS? --> Idle

• these do look like some very nice deals ...

Thanked by 1letbox
  • miumiu Member

great offer as always, thank you!

Thanked by 1letbox
  • mrclownmrclown Member
    edited April 2019

@key900 Any IO capped on Block Storage?

Edit:
    Up to 400 Mbps.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@mrclown said:
    @key900 Any IO capped on Block Storage?

Edit:
    Up to 400 Mbps.

412MB/s for BBOX2 and 512MB/s for BBox4 & BBOx8

@miu said:
    great offer as always, thank you!

@uptime said:
    these do look like some very nice deals ...

Thanks you

Thanked by 1uptime

@nhocconan said:
    Ordered one, and I did not forget to put more information as per required:

Intended use of VPS? --> Idle

Haha 😆

• so .... I'm digging this Wednesday-after-Easter deal.

Maybe it's just my lucky day, but ...

got the 30 GB NVMe + 1 TB deal

setup was done minutes after I placed order

everything feels fast fast fast - not going to bother to benchmark anything right now.

cpu is E5-2680 v2 @ 2.8 GHz

seems to be in same DC as my HostHatch 1.5 TB - three hops away - noticed transfer speeds over 50 MB/s from HostHatch (82 GB file took 24 minutes)

feels good man

• Ripper deal

Thanked by 1letbox
  • sinsin Member

Does IPv6 work ok on the Dallas boxes? Great looking deal as always :)

Thanked by 1letbox
  • Attractive deal.

By the way, from my 6 months exp , Letbox is a reliable host, great&stable VM performance, helpful&responsible support, It was so happy to get a server from you. Personally give 4.5, drop 0.5 for your further improvement LMAO

Thanked by 2poisson letbox

@LazyMike said:
    Attractive deal.

By the way, from my 6 months exp , Letbox is a reliable host, great&stable VM performance, helpful&responsible support, It was so happy to get a server from you. Personally give 4.5, drop 0.5 for your further improvement LMAO

Thanks you for your kind i'm appreciate it, We will do much improvement in future and add new location in EU most luckily will be Amsterdam.

• First block storage VPS for me. What is the recommended bus/device and format recommended for the 1TB?

Thanks

p.s. I like it when panels allow the server names to be renamed. We're idlers, we buy when cheap and figure out what to do with it later... so many of my servers from various providers have crappy names because I just put random stuff during ordering pages.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • Also, the welcome email has some blurb that needs a rewrite to be readable.

NOTE : NVMe Are too Fast for Block Storage to can take it so you may see high IOWait or blocking of Block Storage You can ask us to limitting the NVMe little bit.

Anywho, I don't see how limiting the performance of the NVMe is a good idea in any situation for dealing with slow storage. This is kind of concerning as the slow storage arrays at another vendor was a nightmare with hundreds of millisec latencies instead of sub 10ms... (ioping). But I'm sure this won't be near as bad as CAC. Will test tonight.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @TimboJones said:
    First block storage VPS for me. What is the recommended bus/device and format recommended for the 1TB?

Thanks

SATA, raw disk (as per https://my.letbox.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/58/How-to-Add-Block-Storage-Disk.html)

Thanked by 3letbox TimboJones Aidan
  • edited April 2019

Can I create LVM with the block storage?
    If yes, any guide?
    Thanks.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • @TimboJones said:
    Also, the welcome email has some blurb that needs a rewrite to be readable.

NOTE : NVMe Are too Fast for Block Storage to can take it so you may see high IOWait or blocking of Block Storage You can ask us to limitting the NVMe little bit.

Anywho, I don't see how limiting the performance of the NVMe is a good idea in any situation for dealing with slow storage. This is kind of concerning as the slow storage arrays at another vendor was a nightmare with hundreds of millisec latencies instead of sub 10ms... (ioping). But I'm sure this won't be near as bad as CAC. Will test tonight.

I love the performance of block storage..

Thanked by 2letbox TimboJones

@TimboJones said:
    First block storage VPS for me. What is the recommended bus/device and format recommended for the 1TB?

Thanks

p.s. I like it when panels allow the server names to be renamed. We're idlers, we buy when cheap and figure out what to do with it later... so many of my servers from various providers have crappy names because I just put random stuff during ordering pages.

@TimboJones said:

Thanks

For the !TB you can go with Raw , LVM it will be good for future upgrades and for the hostname renew it already requested it will be ready once it done.

Thanks you

Thanked by 1TimboJones
    edited April 2019

@greattomeetyou said:
    Can I create LVM with the block storage?
    If yes, any guide?
    Thanks.

Hello,

Yes it pretty easy you can setup your Disk whatever you want we will have LVM guide done as soon as possible.
    https://my.letbox.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/57/How-to-Add-a-New-Disk--Block-Storage-to-an-Existing-Linux-Server-and-Windows-Server.html

@TimboJones said:
    Also, the welcome email has some blurb that needs a rewrite to be readable.

just general Message we no limiting anything over. you will get amazing performance of Block Storage!.

Thanked by 1TimboJones

@uptime said:

@TimboJones said:

Thanks

SATA, raw disk (as per https://my.letbox.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/58/How-to-Add-Block-Storage-Disk.html)

I”d go with Virtio instead of SATA.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sinsin Member

If someone has the SBox 1TB offer, can you post what the disk read/write speed is? Thank you :)

• @sin said:
    If someone has the SBox 1TB offer, can you post what the disk read/write speed is? Thank you :)

I think it speed no more than 150 MB/s

Thanked by 1sin
    edited April 2019

@chocolateshirt said:

@sin said:

Ha? It around 512MB/s to Giga read. Where did you got that? PM your registration mail so can check which node you referring to!

Thanked by 1sin
  • edited April 2019

@key900 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@sin said:

Ha? It around Giga read. Where did you got that? PM your registration mail so can check which node you referring to!

Hi @key900, I am not using SBox 1Tb, I just guessing, CMIIW.
    I am using BBox 1Gb and I love the performance of block storage..

• MilonMilon Member

Will it be usable for backup from Amsterdam -> Dallas/Los Angeles. What location is better and maybe somebody can share speedtest?

@Milon said:
    Will it be usable for backup from Amsterdam -> Dallas/Los Angeles. What location is better and maybe somebody can share speedtest?

Dallas are closer to Netherlands

Thanked by 1Milon
  • hanhanhanhan Member
    edited April 2019

• Los Angeles has no optional free 1TB block storage

• @hanhan said:
    Los Angeles has no optional free 1TB block storage

I didn't manage to find it at first either but then read

https://my.letbox.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/58/How-to-Add-Block-Storage-Disk.html

it was almost too simple :)

(then in your VPS still need to do something like fdisk to create partition and mkfs to make the filesystem, etc)

also note Virtio driver recommended for block storage

@key900 said:

@uptime said:

@TimboJones said:

Thanks

I”d go with Virtio instead of SATA.

Thanked by 1hanhan