Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH: New Payment Processor, Unable to Pay via Credit Card - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH: New Payment Processor, Unable to Pay via Credit Card

2»

Comments

• use paypal, case closed

• @onemanshow said:
    use paypal, case closed

Yeah, but many countries don't have paypal. Also, Credit Card gateway such as from stripe, skrill or other well knowns, can also be employed. There should be an alternative to provide maximum redundancy

• @AMXRT said:
    OVH's new CC processor is now strict about Billing country match and the Bank card BIN number country match as never before.

It won't even process your card if your account's billing country is Sweden, but you pay with a card issued in Russia; It will just decline the payment prior to processing.

Cards issued by same country as billing address are not working either for me. Payoneer: invalid. Tried two local bank cards: both invalid.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

@dormlowlife said:

@AMXRT said:
    OVH's new CC processor is now strict about Billing country match and the Bank card BIN number country match as never before.

It won't even process your card if your account's billing country is Sweden, but you pay with a card issued in Russia; It will just decline the payment prior to processing.

Cards issued by same country as billing address are not working either for me. Payoneer: invalid. Tried two local bank cards: both invalid.

If you pay 3 servers for 1-2 minutes. That will be further:

OVH turns into trash through payment method.

• RazzaRazza Member

@dormlowlife said:

Not sure what's the reason for two local cards, Payoneer is probably due to it been a prepaid some site set there payment system to reject prepaid cards.

• I have tried with at least two EMV enabled 3D-Secure VISA cards, and both have failed. I think the new payment processor just doesn't trigger the OTP. The banks don't confirm even an attempt on those cards. So, it's definitely something OVH has to sort out

• Tried using a 'Bank of America' card that belonged to my relative, payment failed, and her bank cancelled her card and issued her a new one. Why would OVH choose such a shady payment processor.

• @hammad said:
    so tried my brother card from different country

Was it a credit card? or debit card?

• @dormlowlife said:

@hammad said:
    so tried my brother card from different country

Was it a credit card? or debit card?

Debit

• RazzaRazza Member

Just paid a invoice on Ovh uk on the new payment processor had no issues using my uk bank card.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@dormlowlife said:
    Tried using a 'Bank of America' card that belonged to my relative, payment failed, and her bank cancelled her card and issued her a new one. Why would OVH choose such a shady payment processor.

Wouldn’t that have anything to do with a fact that your relative shared card details with a 3rd party ?

• @Clouvider said:
    Wouldn’t that have anything to do with a fact that your relative shared card details with a 3rd party ?

No, she tried paying herself. Payment via HiPay gateway failed. It never even hit the bank. Then she made a PayPal account, linked that same card and tried paying via PayPal gateway, amount got deducted 2 times ("PayPal *OVH.COM" on statement) but still payment couldn't validate. Then right after this she received a mail from her bank saying they have cancelled her card and issued her a new one. PayPal US users who signed up after March 29 can't add balance to their PayPal wallet, they have to apply for "PayPal Cash" account. So the only option showing up on PayPal was to pay via the linked debit card, which doesn't seem to work.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited April 2019

I know this is a bit old, but I finally hit their new card payment page for the first time.

If you run adblock, they load a tracking library from a third party (iovation) that aggressively attempts to load plugins and fingerprint you. The way they act is basically malware.

Adblock will (virtually every single hosts file, adblock list, etc) block this. Firefox will block this by default. This sends back no response in that field instead of your machine details, so the payment will not fire because it can't pass the check.

Might have better luck opening a VM and using IE10 or something.

• RazzaRazza Member

I don't think just using a adblock breaks the payment, I managed to pay last week no issues with adblock turned on.

• Hostshield_LTDHostshield_LTD Member, Patron Provider

If i were you i would suggest you to pay a year in advance for you server if you really need it, this way you can pay every year with a bank transfer

• I also had trouble with OVH's credit card processor today. It was my first time using it since they changed. In my case, the credit card issuing country matched the billing address on file with OVH. The issue was solved by changing the location from where I was paying. I don't know what the logic is, but it's certain that their new processor is looking at the IP address/location of the browser when doing the check.

• sinsin Member

I just renewed my server the other day and had no issue with my Paypal 2% Cashback credit card.