Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH: New Payment Processor, Unable to Pay via Credit Card
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH: New Payment Processor, Unable to Pay via Credit Card

xetsysxetsys Member
edited April 2019 in Providers

Hi all,

Today I almost lost an OVH server because of their ridiculous payment processor. I have never encountered such issue before and all debit/ credit cards used to work fine till last month.

So, If you are due for payment this month, I would advise you to check if OVH or it's subsidiaries can accept your payment method, to avoid panicking later. As for me, I had to avail PayPal service, as I was unable to use any VISA or Mastercard. I will probably end my subscription if things don't improve.

For reference, I am located in South Asia. And the banks here have reported that they haven't registered a single attempt from OVH while I tried to use their cards.

To OVH: Please fix your payment processor. I don't want to lose my servers.

Comments

• Adam1Adam1 Member

xetsys said: To OVH: Please fix your payment processor. I don't want to lose my servers.

Should probably write that in a ticket?

• @Adam1 said:

xetsys said: To OVH: Please fix your payment processor. I don't want to lose my servers.

Should probably write that in a ticket?

I did that too. But It may be a while before they update or fix it. Just wanted to let everyone know about this, in case they are facing similar issue

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

In general, its risky at OVH or the subsidiaries, to pay your server like 24 hours before it expires.
    The billing system sometimes takes a shit for a few hours which makes it impossible to pay anything.

Always, pay your bills at least 1 week ahead to have enough time to solve these issues before they happen.

Thanked by 1xetsys
  • OVH Phone Support is really great and even if you are Kimsufi user they will still try to help you althought i was using Kimsufi i still tried the OVH phone support multiple times in past and it worked for me. When my card wasn't working with Kimsufi to pay the invoice i called their help line and they extended my due date by 1 week so that i can sort out the issue with my bank card. Thn i faced this 2FA issue with my account and they again fixed it over the phone so OVH support isn't as bad as many claim. Try phone help instead of ticket...

• @WebGuru said:
    OVH Phone Support is really great and even if you are Kimsufi user they will still try to help you althought i was using Kimsufi i still tried the OVH phone support multiple times in past and it worked for me. When my card wasn't working with Kimsufi to pay the invoice i called their help line and they extended my due date by 1 week so that i can sort out the issue with my bank card. Thn i faced this 2FA issue with my account and they again fixed it over the phone so OVH support isn't as bad as many claim. Try phone help instead of ticket...

The timezone is different, so it would be pretty inconvenient to use phone support. And I am sure it's not my end as I tried almost all major banks here, unless the payment processor has the whole country blocked.

• same happened with me this month , 5 of my cards didn't work so i write a support ticket , but for 2 days didn't get a reply so tried my brother card from Different Country and thats work , so closed the ticket.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

The new payment gateway is overwhelming. He does not work immediately and constantly asks for SMS. The pointless way they made IE as a US branch payment method.

Difficult to pay becomes. Especially if you need to pay 50-100 servers every day, then every time you type 3d secure.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Vova1234 said: then every time you type 3d secure.

you can ask your card issuer to turn this off

• edited April 2019

I pay OVH dedi's with paypal for the last 5 months now.. Because I have trouble paying with my credit card 5 months ago..

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited April 2019

@chocolateshirt said:
    I pay OVH dedi's with paypal for the last 5 months now.. Because I have trouble paying with my credit card 5 months ago..

For reference, last month, I paid for 3 servers via OVH payment processor, without any issue. And I have been using the same payment method for last year or so. I wonder what exactly has been changed since not even a single card ( And I own like 5-6 of various banks) is acceptable to this new (French?) gateway processor.

• @Adam1 said:

Vova1234 said: then every time you type 3d secure.

you can ask your card issuer to turn this off

my bank does not have 3d secure amd its still not work with ovh

• When did this change happen? I made a card payment a couple weeks ago and it worked, but don't know about now. I should cancel those servers anyway.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited April 2019

When did OVH change the payment gateway, the payment page looks the same when I last renewed my Kimsufi 6 months ago just renewed it about hour ago had no issues paying with my Mastercard credit card.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Vova1234 said:
    The new payment gateway is overwhelming. He does not work immediately and constantly asks for SMS. The pointless way they made IE as a US branch payment method.

Difficult to pay becomes. Especially if you need to pay 50-100 servers every day, then every time you type 3d secure.

That’s your bank’s issue if they demand full 3DS on every single transaction to the same vendor, not OVHs.

Payment Services directive will require all businesses selling to the EU to implement additional factor of authentication and the banks to reject transactions that aren’t authenticated in such way later this year.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

Clouvider said: That’s your bank’s issue if they demand full 3DS on every single transaction to the same vendor, not OVHs.

OVH introduced it forcedly. They made an IE affiliate, as a US affiliate. Earlier, only US payments required 3D.

I pay through ePayments, Yandex Cards, Qiwi Card, PrivatBank, Sberbank, Tinkoff.

Well, you are constantly writing about OVH for me. Do you have at least one server purchased in OVH?

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited April 2019

Update1: OVH has reverted it's payment processor. Thank you, OVH. Payment successfully done for the server via credit card.

Update2: It somehow reverted back to the new for Kimsufi payment (for all others as well)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Just so you know, OVH doesn't monitor here.

• It worked for me and I paid it for a month. But then it updated to the new payment processor/gateway again, which has url: secure-gateway.hipay-tpp.com

• Previous payment processor used url: secure.osp.ovh.com, which works with all my credit/debit cards. It reverted for a moment and I paid using credit card, which doesnt work on new payment processor.

New payment processor has url: secure-gateway.hipay-tpp.com

• AMXRTAMXRT Member

OVH's new CC processor is now strict about Billing country match and the Bank card BIN number country match as never before.

It won't even process your card if your account's billing country is Sweden, but you pay with a card issued in Russia; It will just decline the payment prior to processing.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I reckon they've had enough of frauds.

• AMXRTAMXRT Member

This solution doesn't improve anti-fraud, a potential fraudster could still easily use a stolen credit card with the original billing details so it will match and pass.

Hipay use 3D secure and doesn't accept american express, it is good enough fraud protection, everything else is pointless, including billing/bin match.

• @AMXRT said:
    OVH's new CC processor is now strict about Billing country match and the Bank card BIN number country match as never before.

It won't even process your card if your account's billing country is Sweden, but you pay with a card issued in Russia; It will just decline the payment prior to processing.

Billing country & Bank Card Country both match in my case. So there is something additional happening in terms of security, which is blocking banks of whole country i think. Also, the address and details of my accounts are verified and correct, and in accordance with banking cards used on the site.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Clouvider said: Payment Services directive will require all businesses selling to the EU to implement additional factor of authentication and the banks to reject transactions that aren’t authenticated in such way later this year.

Any idea if/how this would affect using paypal?

@Vova1234 said:

Clouvider said: That’s your bank’s issue if they demand full 3DS on every single transaction to the same vendor, not OVHs.

OVH introduced it forcedly. They made an IE affiliate, as a US affiliate. Earlier, only US payments required 3D.

I pay through ePayments, Yandex Cards, Qiwi Card, PrivatBank, Sberbank, Tinkoff.

Well, you are constantly writing about OVH for me. Do you have at least one server purchased in OVH?

What are you talking about.
    Research what I said and learn from it, or don’t bother tagging me here.

@Adam1 said:

Clouvider said: Payment Services directive will require all businesses selling to the EU to implement additional factor of authentication and the banks to reject transactions that aren’t authenticated in such way later this year.

Any idea if/how this would affect using paypal?

That’s a great question. PayPal says they will be compatible on time. My guess is that they will do additional security on certain payments but o guess we will have to wait and see.

I’m especially interested how will they comply with this in case of reference transactions where user allows a merchant to bill through PayPal any amount on demand. There is not much time left and not much clarity so far in how this will be implemented in detail...

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited April 2019

Just change provider. It asks for 3D secure on 3D insecure cards, reject card or payment fails. PayPal works though. Also you can use reseller (i can help as well).
    Also never top up internal OVH balance, they will steal it if you accidently order any server (or want to order for later). They steal 400 euro from me that way, their support agent (Laura P) is talking nonsense, they likely get paid to steal money from users any way they can.

• @Clouvider said:
    Payment Services directive will require all businesses selling to the EU to implement additional factor of authentication and the banks to reject transactions that aren’t authenticated in such way later this year.

I am so thankful I don't deal with billing.

• roastroast Member

OVH is shit in terms of payments so better pay early and for longer terms