Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Celebrating 8 years in business - promos inside (CHI, NY, LA, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam, Vienna)

Comments

• donlidonli Member

@sanvit said:
    You guys know that it's the weekend right now?

What is this "weekend" thing of which you speak?

• ehabehab Member

@donli said:
    What is this "weekend" thing of which you speak?

its when you are supposed to

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • Do any of these locations/deals include DDOS protection other than Chicago ?

• CrabCrab Member

Chicago here I come! Thanks @Abdullah for the great offers!

• I bought Amsterdam, the machine is not yet open.

• @China_Jun said:
    I bought Amsterdam, the machine is not yet open.

Amsterdam/Stockholm: 19th April

• How do I add funds? Can't seem to find this option in control panel.

• @alilet said:
    How do I add funds? Can't seem to find this option in control panel.

Thanked by 1alilet
  • any option for adding CPU Chunks for Chicago storage offer?

• @jimcanner31 said:
    any option for adding CPU Chunks for Chicago storage offer?

Support told me each 3 chunks will add a core

• I sent them support ticket 2 days ago and still no reply!

• @yakblack said:
    I sent them support ticket 2 days ago and still no reply!

I just got a reply. They may have huge tickets regarding this. Just wait a bit

• @yakblack said:

me too :( hopefully it gets better tomorrow.. 24h is now 55h

• @zappata said:

@yakblack said:

me too :( hopefully it gets better tomorrow.. 24h is now 55h

Why you need a VPS to idle so badly.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • What type of disk system is it? RAID 10, Ceph, ZFS?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@datanoise said:

Abdullah said: 1 CPU core (15% dedicated)

How does that work? It's possible to burst for 100% of one core for a few seconds / minutes: what are the exact rules? If we use more than 15% for x minutes (temporary traffic spike for example), what happens?

There are no hard rules, other than the fact that we reserve the right to limit you to your dedicated limit when we feel it is necessary (usually that happens when we see a customer using far more CPU for days/weeks, meaning that they clearly are purposefully using the server in that way).

@plumberg said:
    @Abdullah

How is transfer speeds between let's say LA and Chicago? Is it like an internal network?

Is it possible to move my existing storage box in Chicago? Thnx

No internal network, but if you already have a server with us, you can try to pull a test file from the LG to test the network. We cannot move promo servers unfortunately.

@ofit said:

Abdullah said: 1 TB premium bandwidth

What mean premium bandwidth? How it better than simple bandwidth?

Just a buzzword really. We do not have different bandwidth tiers.

@chihcherng said:
    May I ask which Internet Exchange your data centers in Oslo, Vienna, Stockholm connect to, respectively?

Oslo - FIXO
    Vienna - VIX and peering.cz
    Stockholm - STHIX and Netnod

@Andrews said:
    @Abdullah how about Amsterdam storage: 1 CPU core, 512 MB RAM, 500 GB storage, 2 TB bw for $20 per year? would it be possible? :)

I'm afraid not, we really cannot do an additional 250 GB storage for $5 per year. It is possible for $25 per year.

@sanvit said:
    No additional core per added storage chunk? And how much will the chunks cost after the promo? Can who bought the server within the promotion period get additional chunks at the same price? Are these raid10?

1 core per 3 chunks.

We are only doing this base package + chunks for the promo period, and everyone who buys a server can add more chunks for the lifetime of that server, at the same cost. RAID50 for storage servers. RAID10 on NVMe servers.

@joyr said:
    Congrats! @Abdullah Do you support BGP for your clients to announce their own prefixes?

No BGP sessions at the moment but we can announce the space for you with a LOA.

@Devas said:
    Also, is it possible to add own iso in CP? and is there a VNC console to install from iso?

Yes, you can install the server by uploading your own ISO and using the noVNC console.

Apologies if I missed any answers. For people who have not gotten their servers already, you should have them provisioned by mid Monday. We have to provision hundreds of servers manually, and each new account needs to be manually reviewed for fraud prevention, so it takes a while.

And thank you everyone for the wishes, I see a lot of people made the effort to wish us happy anniversary in their tickets, it means a lot! :)

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2019

Can yearly be changed to monthly after purchasing additional chunks? + And how are the BW calculated? Out or In+Out?

Edit : confirmed by support that yearly can be changed to monthly and bandwidth is calculated in+out.

• phpphp Member

It’s been 48 hours since Los Angeles was opened.

• @php said:
    It’s been 48 hours since Los Angeles was opened.

Be patient. Calm down. Abdullah said that should be provisioned by mid Monday.

I closed my LAX order and changed to Chicago. Waiting...

• roastroast Member

Goat luck with your sales

• @Abdullah said:

@Andrews said:
    @Abdullah how about Amsterdam storage: 1 CPU core, 512 MB RAM, 500 GB storage, 2 TB bw for $20 per year? would it be possible? :)

I'm afraid not, we really cannot do an additional 250 GB storage for $5 per year. It is possible for $25 per year.

@Abdullah OK, we have a deal. I just deposited additional $10 and updated sales ticket (#608757) with all details.

• phpphp Member

@Chocoweb Hope so, Chicago is too long, or Los Angeles is coming.

• Abdullah said: I'm afraid not, we really cannot do an additional 250 GB storage for $5 per year. It is possible for $25 per year.

Can it be upgraded to 500G at $25/yr after 18th April?

• NihimNihim Member

How's Hosthatch with torrenting on the NL nodes? your usual western shit

• Is there any way to add CPU core alone rather than buying three chunks for a core ?

• @jimcanner31 said:
    Is there any way to add CPU core alone rather than buying three chunks for a core ?

I think they probably did their math to make sure that CPU core and RAM is properly spread out with disk allocation so that no resource end up being in overly short supply or excess supply, which is not a good thing for a provider, so you might be better off buying another plan to combine.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Nihim said:

Im not sure if its node specific but they mentioned that torrents as long as they are Legal and not excessive are fine

• voxinvoxin Member

I am unable to understand what's difference between nvmes and storage plan .

• EddingEdding Member
    edited April 2019

@voxin said:
    I am unable to understand what's difference between nvmes and storage plan .

Nvme-SSD vs HDD ? Really Fast but low Space vs Slow but Much Space

• NihimNihim Member

@Edding said:

@Nihim said:

Im not sure if its node specific but they mentioned that torrents as long as they are Legal and not excessive are fine

thanks. Anyone else can comment? Looking at couple of torrents per week, pub trackers though seeded back to 1:1

This discussion has been closed.