Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP Friends to introduce a new product generation?! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP Friends to introduce a new product generation?!

2»

Comments

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2019

Personally I'm all for huge ram KVMs, with KSM turned on.
    Bring back the glory days of 6GB openvz plans.

• +1

gonna run all my shit from ramdisk now

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2019

@PHP_Friends said:

@FR_Michael said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    I am going to buy 30 of them, insist that there are 10 per physical node for low latency and use all the ram and see what happens. :D

just make sure to fill the ram with random data to avoid ksm

I think that competitors who publicly talk about how they can most effectively harm us speak for themselves. It's the biggest compliment we can get. :heart: So no more comments from me, I prefer making our customers happy over discussing our offers again and again :)

:heartbreak: and I really believed in our love :(.

Can't see a problem, anthony started a topic how to test if you oversell your ram and I gave him an advice how to optimize his testing. :kissing_heart:

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • edfoxedfox Member

@Ympker said:
    It is not all that bad though. Atleast Hetzner, Netcup and PHPFriends are going stronk. Not only in terms of pricing but also performance, reliability and popularity.

How about contabo? ;)

edited April 2019

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

PHP_Friends said: I think that competitors who publicly talk about how they can most effectively harm us speak for themselves.

Get your knickers back on Susan, i said it was a joke, i can do simple math's please don't accuse us all of being stupid, especially those of us that know better for a living that have been here for the better part of 10 years.

I call a spade a spade and I rarely apologize for that, if the customers are happy that's all that matters.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • Something got lost in translation it seems. Humor may not translate well across languages. But everybody get a cold beer should translate universally (maybe except Islamic countries)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@edfox said:

@Ympker said:
    It is not all that bad though. Atleast Hetzner, Netcup and PHPFriends are going stronk. Not only in terms of pricing but also performance, reliability and popularity.

How about contabo? ;)

They are quite good for the price :)

edited April 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

PHP_Friends said: I think that competitors who publicly talk about how they can most effectively harm us speak for themselves.

Get your knickers back on Susan, i said it was a joke, i can do simple math's please don't accuse us all of being stupid, especially those of us that know better for a living that have been here for the better part of 10 years.

I call a spade a spade and I rarely apologize for that, if the customers are happy that's all that matters.

I like your diplomatic way :lol: :

@poisson said:
    Something got lost in translation it seems. Humor may not translate well across languages. But everybody get a cold beer should translate universally (maybe except Islamic countries)

No humor in Germany, get back to work.

• sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited April 2019

Is there an english version of their website?

Before everyone starts yelling at me at once, it does say "Managed Hosting" at the top as a navigational element so it's not ridic to think there might be something else in english somewhere...

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@sidewinder said:

I don't think so.

Before everyone starts yelling at me at once, it does say "Managed Hosting" at the top as a navigational element so it's not ridic to think there might be something else in english somewhere...

Isn't Managed Hosting also a German expression now? :wink:

• @angstrom said:

@sidewinder said:

I don't think so.

I think Managed Hosting is just another imported word. I wouldn't define it as a specifier that indicates that a host necessarily caters to english clients.

Thanked by 2First-Root angstrom
    edited April 2019

It is because "verwaltetes bereitstellen von Speicherplatz für Ihre Internetseite" sounds shit :D

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Ympker said:

@angstrom said:

@sidewinder said:

I don't think so.

I think Managed Hosting is just another imported word. I wouldn't define it as a specifier that indicates that a host necessarily caters to english clients.

That's what I meant, of course. :smile:

• @FR_Michael said:

It is because "verwaltetes bereitstellen von Speicherplatz für Ihre Internetseite" sounds shit :disappointed:

Ich werde das für einen Dollar kaufen!

Thanked by 1First-Root
  • Fck.. english please..

Thanked by 1uptime
  • $7

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited April 2019