Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel Atom For Selling VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intel Atom For Selling VPS

2»

Comments

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

It depends upon your business plan and target customers, I've never tried Atom but if you set a limit of like 3-4 VM Per node (depends what price you are selling niche market) it may work, but just do it for testing purpose, don't try to sell it to clients and end up being another dead pool provider

• Intel Atom + OpenVZ = infinity

• angstromangstrom Moderator

• Scaleway sold c2750 vps and got it to work, but OP is not qualified to be doing stuff like that.

• Are we witnessing the beginnings of the next deadpool here?

• @FAT32 said:
    Based on your comment on a different thread (Quoted below). Please don't start a hosting business. Learn about business ethics and what is morally correct first.

@naufalprojects said:
    For WHMCS License : Why do you ban a user if him using Nulled License? I know that is ILLEGAL, but, WHMCS License is Expensive

EDIT: Source: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2960874/

First before I start this I want to say I in no way condone nulled software, however I want to take a second and make a point. I think nulled software does have a place in society and I support that claim with Adobe and WHMCS. These companies play a cat and mouse game but never really take a strong action against the distribution. The reason behind this is I believe it directly influences sales.

Take WHMCS for example. Personally I can't see myself paying a monthly fee to host my friends and family and personal projects especially since I have to pay for cPanel already. I'm sure small hosts also think along those lines. Again here is where I'm going to say I don't condone using nulled software. Now personally I have reported Centriohost to WHMCS multiple times for distributing nulled versions of WHMCS, this in large part is because I despise them as a business. Every time WHMCS sends them a letter demanding they take it down but give it a few months and it goes back up. WHMCS sits on their hands and plays a cat and mouse game.

I'm sure the reason WHMCS does this is because they like the idea of hosts building a customer base and then when they receive a notification they are using an illegal copy, it forces the company to pay for a license. Would you rather pay $15/m of move your clients to a new system? The choice is easy.

Again using a nulled license is wrong and there are hard working people who deserved to get paid but I also make the case there needs to be better options for start ups. This would eliminate nulled software all together.

Thanked by 1NANO
  • U need at least a molecule.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2019

No argument can be made regarding nulled WHMCS or any other nulled software in general.

No matter how much one sugarcoats it, theft is theft, period.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2019

caniac22 said: but I also make the case there needs to be better options for start ups

There are alternatives out there so trying to justify stealing paid software doesn't make any sense. Pirating software designed for businesses is never acceptable. If you're just hosting friends and family or a few clients then why do you need a complex billing system when you can easily host them for free and manually provision everything for them one time and be done with it, if they're paying you then send them invoices through PayPal manually. Either way, there's no place for pirating software designed for running a company and if your start-up cannot afford $15/month then you need to rethink your business plan because things are going to get a lot harder for you.

Note: I don't mean you as the poster, I mean you as the person reading this reply trying to justify stealing software to run your company on.

Thanked by 2maverickp vimalware
  • @KuJoe said:

caniac22 said: but I also make the case there needs to be better options for start ups

There are alternatives out there so trying to justify stealing paid software doesn't make any sense. Pirating software designed for businesses is never acceptable. If you're just hosting friends and family or a few clients then why do you need a complex billing system when you can easily host them for free and manually provision everything for them one time and be done with it, if they're paying you then send them invoices through PayPal manually. Either way, there's no place for pirating software designed for running a company and if your start-up cannot afford $15/month then you need to rethink your business plan because things are going to get a lot harder for you.

I'm not trying to justify it. The point I'm trying to make is, I don't believe companies care as mush as we do. Like I said when people get caught the chances of them buying a license is really high. Personally like I said I can't find a reason to pay WHMCS all of that money so I made the investment two years ago to go with Blesta.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@caniac22 said:
    I'm not trying to justify it. The point I'm trying to make is, I don't believe companies care as mush as we do. Like I said when people get caught the chances of them buying a license is really high. Personally like I said I can't find a reason to pay WHMCS all of that money so I made the investment two years ago to go with Blesta.

So then we both agree that there is no place in society for pirated software. Just making sure we're on the same page now. :smile: