Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the longest you've waited for a server to be provisioned? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the longest you've waited for a server to be provisioned?

2»

Comments

• SunshineHostSunshineHost Member, Host Rep

When the good old rackhost/cloudflexy still existed, people used to wait for months to get their VPS provisioned. Many thanks to Mr. Gongyi who made all this possible.

• SunshineHost said: When the good old rackhost/cloudflexy still existed, people used to wait for months to get their VPS provisioned. Many thanks to Mr. Gongyi who made all this possible.

They still exist, they are called AlphaRacks and have just as poor of a reputation, if not worse.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1SunshineHost
  • SunshineHostSunshineHost Member, Host Rep

@TheLinuxBug said:

SunshineHost said: When the good old rackhost/cloudflexy still existed, people used to wait for months to get their VPS provisioned. Many thanks to Mr. Gongyi who made all this possible.

They still exist, they are called AlphaRacks and have just as poor of a reputation, if not worse.

Cheers!

The thing is that, despite Alpharacks is literally the definition of shit, at least they have a (fully loaded) server before they start selling products.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

1 week with Voxility 7-8 years back when it still was called limehost.ro . Before they closed limehost.ro and directly sold trough Voxility.net.

• AIOAIO Member
    edited April 2019

From what it seems, a month with HostHatch.

• @AIO said:

They mentioned upfront that provisioning will be late. So I don't consider it waiting until after 29th for HH's Chicago location if that is your issue because people bought the server with their eyes open to this fact.

• @SprkFade said:

@deank said:
    I saw, on LET, a dude waiting 3 months from OVH for a server. The dude had the patience of a saint. He was too good for LET.

So, that's the longest I've seen. I kinda felt bad for him because I sort of jinxed him.

Hey, that was me.

For what’s it’s worth, I did get a free month (~1000 value) as a show of good faith from OVH after that whole debacle.

I assume they didn't start charging until it was set up?

• donlidonli Member

@Letzien said:
    Still waiting on my VortexNode provisioning..

Some day you'll get your $ 10 Atom box.

(Reference: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/94241/vortexnode-com-uk-intel-atom-dedicated-servers-only-10-month-deployed-in-less-than-12-hrs )

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • AIOAIO Member

@poisson said:

@AIO said:

They mentioned upfront that provisioning will be late. So I don't consider it waiting until after 29th for HH's Chicago location if that is your issue because people bought the server with their eyes open to this fact.

It was delayed a second time. And I'm not whining, they offered a refund if anyone couldn't wait.

• I'm still waiting for VolumeDrive to provision the server I've purchased in January 2012.

• donlidonli Member

@quicksilver03 said:
    I'm still waiting for VolumeDrive to provision the server I've purchased in January 2012.

Check their current online price. If it's gone down you can ask for a partial refund.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Ah, Volumedrive. Brings back (bad) memories.

• @hostnoob said:

@SprkFade said:

@deank said:
    I saw, on LET, a dude waiting 3 months from OVH for a server. The dude had the patience of a saint. He was too good for LET.

So, that's the longest I've seen. I kinda felt bad for him because I sort of jinxed him.

Hey, that was me.

For what’s it’s worth, I did get a free month (~1000 value) as a show of good faith from OVH after that whole debacle.

They charged for the first month but then froze any subsequent charges until the server was delivered and after I got the free month.

@SprkFade said:
    They charged for the first month but then froze any subsequent charges until the server was delivered and after I got the free month.

By LET standards, a normal person would have gone nuts over that. You are an internet saint.

A dude went berserk over losing 0.24 cents during refund process. True story.

• @deank said:

@SprkFade said:

By LET standards, a normal person would have gone nuts over that. You are an internet saint.

A dude went berserk over losing 0.24 cents during refund process. True story.

Hope he made a thread on LET and WHT, created a website called "sucks.com" and then claimed to hire a lawyer to sue them

• @SprkFade said:

@hostnoob said:

@SprkFade said:

@deank said:

Hey, that was me.

Seems like you still got a bad deal then, if you got a month free but had to pay the first month?

edited April 2019

@hostnoob said:
    Hope he made a thread on LET and WHT, created a website called "sucks.com" and then claimed to hire a lawyer to sue them

The dude did make a thread on LET. Wrote a 2,000 word complaint essay over it. That's how I know.

My word, at the first glance, I thought the guy lost a lot of money. When I realized it was just fucking 0.24 cents, I left the thread.