Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's the longest you've waited for a server to be provisioned?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's the longest you've waited for a server to be provisioned?

Adam1Adam1 Member
edited April 2019 in General

I've been waiting for Kimsufi to provision a KS-1 for 2 days now, already have a KS-9 with them (which took over a day). No ID check required, I'm just waiting twiddling my thumbs.

Got me thinking how long others have waited for their "120 sec" provision and who with? i.e. standard plan/off the shelf dedi (or vps I guess)

Comments

• I just provisioned 5 minutes after paid the invoice..

• 32 days from TechVPS...

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • A week for non auto provisioned nodes

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited April 2019

USD 7,-. This equals 72 hours. That's the longest time I had to wait for any service that was not specified otherwise already beforehand. (Like in: "Please note: Lead time from payment to activation is around one week.")

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • One lonely night, I lost my p0rn collections after I rebooted my hostsolutions storage VPS. I felt desperate and I lost my mind. I somehow bought a cheap wholesaleinternet instant server that I did not need.

I expected it to be setup right away but I couldn't even login the client area after I paid. It was late in the night, I have to go to sleep.

A week later, I checked my paypal payment history and found out I sent 20 bucks to a company called ... who-lesaleinternet.

Who? Oh, that night.

I contacted their support asking when will they deliver me the instant server I paid a week ago.

It turned out that I entered the wrong email address when I ordered the server. They delivered the server right after I paid.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2019

I saw, on LET, a dude waiting 3 months from OVH for a server. The dude had the patience of a saint. He was too good for LET.

So, that's the longest I've seen. I kinda felt bad for him because I sort of jinxed him.

• Most VPS's are near instant however Dedi's take a couple of days most of the time from providers around here which is fine.

Thanked by 1Adam1
  • Still waiting on my VortexNode provisioning..

Thanked by 2Adam1 dedicados
  • 2mins or PayPal dispute is in order.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

deank said: a dude waiting 3 months from OVH for a server.

reincarnation of Buddha

• AidanAidan Member

A couple of years.

• 3 weeks before they admitted they didn't have it in stock. They fully refunded my order. It was a LeaseWeb reseller.

edited April 2019

I recall this guy who waited 3 minutes? Probably less before opening a thread here to complain.

His excuse was that the host advertised "instant" deployment.

• 10 days for VPS activation at Alpharacks (and now Alpharacks + woothosting).
    And then it took me 1 hour after that to cancel the VPS as the speed was damn slow for installing just LAMP stack.

For rest of the providers like Ramnode, BuyVM, and few other LET providers.. it was almost instant after Paypal verified payment! Though some took 2-3 hours as they need manual activation to be done!

• @deank said:
    I saw, on LET, a dude waiting 3 months from OVH for a server. The dude had the patience of a saint. He was too good for LET.

So, that's the longest I've seen. I kinda felt bad for him because I sort of jinxed him.

Hey, that was me.

For what’s it’s worth, I did get a free month (~1000 value) as a show of good faith from OVH after that whole debacle.

Thanked by 2sgheghele dedicados
  • AIOAIO Member

Virmach, 35 days for a special offer. It was backordered, but this was definitely a bit excessive even for a backorder.

• YuraYura Member

Life is too short to waste it on waiting. I have a script that checks Offer section, buys the least expensive option, immediately opens a complain thread on LET, charges back and slaps me in the face.

@SprkFade said:
    Hey, that was me.

For what’s it’s worth, I did get a free month (~1000 value) as a show of good faith from OVH after that whole debacle.

Doh, you are still here.

• If you are ordering a box to idle, there's not much difference between waiting 30 days to. provision and idling it for the same amount of time, except that first 15 minutes of excitement after receiving the keys to the box comes earlier.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Finally provisioned and thankfully I got a dual core Atom (DOUBLE strength). sadly still only 2GB ram. still, it'll do.

• @Adam1 said:
    I've been waiting for Kimsufi to provision a KS-1 for 2 days now, already have a KS-9 with them (which took over a day). No ID check required, I'm just waiting twiddling my thumbs.

Got me thinking how long others have waited for their "120 sec" provision and who with? i.e. standard plan/off the shelf dedi (or vps I guess)

Okay.

• Jake4Jake4 Member

Over a month, had to wait for Ian.D to send the server over to the data center to be racked and they failed to set it up correctly so I had to wait 2 weeks after that.

• @Yura said:
    Life is too short to waste it on waiting. I have a script that checks Offer section, buys the least expensive option, immediately opens a complain thread on LET, charges back and slaps me in the face.

Is it a bash script, hopefully?

• @Janevski said:

@Yura said:

Eventually.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Ask anyone who got cociu's storage VPS during a huge promo :dizzy:

• @vovler said:
    Ask anyone who got cociu's storage VPS

fixed

Thanked by 1vovler
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2019

I think the longest one was 6 months, with FirstHeberg.
    Very recommended, they swapped a disk which had a few bad sectors, with one that had even more.

• @vovler said:
    Ask anyone who got cociu's storage VPS during a huge promo :dizzy:

This... Anyone know this...

• YuraYura Member

@Janevski said:

@Yura said:

Yes, and it even works offline too if you install it on WifeOS. At least the faceslapping functionality.

Thanked by 2Janevski poisson