Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secure Dragon is slashing prices on Storage VPSs - 1TB @ $5.99/m - OpenVZ7 - Tampa, FL. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Secure Dragon is slashing prices on Storage VPSs - 1TB @ $5.99/m - OpenVZ7 - Tampa, FL.

2»

Comments

• CptTzCptTz Member

Any chance of sharing more stats about disks, like IOPS or plain speed tests?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@CptTz said:
    Any chance of sharing more stats about disks, like IOPS or plain speed tests?

You can check those here: http://drgn.biz/servers

Thanked by 1CptTz
  • chaoszero112chaoszero112 Member
    edited April 2019

+ Had an amazing Black Friday deal with Secure Dragon, worked great, great support.
    - But then they cancelled it, as they moved away from kvm + HDD
    + They refunded the full amount paid as a credit, even though it was well into the period.
    - But there's nothing that fits my needs so the credit may always sit there unused :(

Thanked by 1imok
  • @KuJoe said:

@alilet said:
    Can we do full disk encryption on OpenVZ 7?

No, OpenVZ 7 is still just a container. You'll want a dedicated server for true FDE where nobody else has access to the keys.

Is it similar to KVM or Xen HVM in terms of isolation and security?

I know with KVM the admin doesn't have the kind of easy access to the containers files that OpenVZ 6 and earlier allow.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@rchurch said:

@KuJoe said:

@alilet said:
    Can we do full disk encryption on OpenVZ 7?

No, OpenVZ 7 is still just a container. You'll want a dedicated server for true FDE where nobody else has access to the keys.

Is it similar to KVM or Xen HVM in terms of isolation and security?

I know with KVM the admin doesn't have the kind of easy access to the containers files that OpenVZ 6 and earlier allow.

Nope, OpenVZ 7 is still a container.

Thanked by 1vimalware